Theist Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2014, 09:12 AM
RE: Theist Morality
(31-08-2014 01:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 12:58 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  Diddo97,

Why do you think morality cannot exist without god? Do you mean a specific god, or just any kind of god?

Why do you think god exists? What does that mean? Which or what kind of, god?

I don't know for certain if a god exists, but I can't think of any good reason to believe in god, even a generic deist one.

Because Sye Ten Bruggencate, a worthless prepositional apologist that can be refuted with but a single sentence; I know because I've already done it.

Sye's entire argument is built upon his claim that logic is god dependent, and he can trust his god to be truthful; but he can't demonstrate that his god either doesn't lie to him, or that he would be capable of knowing if his god did lie to him. Typical prepositional bullshit, and diddo just laps that dogshit up like the stupid troll he is.

Did you watch his debate with Matt Dillahunty? If you did, you should immediately see how atheism is absurd.

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2014, 09:14 AM
(30-08-2014 09:17 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 09:12 PM)Nurse Wrote:  “Everytime a child says 'I don't believe in fairies,' there's a a little fairy somewhere that falls down dead.”
Peter Pan

I likes the way you think Yes

Hmm? Are you perhaps admitting that you believe in God?

Truth seeker.
31-08-2014, 09:17 AM
(31-08-2014 09:14 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 09:17 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I likes the way you think Yes

Hmm? Are you perhaps admitting that you believe in God?

No

Now get back under your bridge troll.

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
31-08-2014, 09:24 AM
(31-08-2014 09:17 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 09:14 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Hmm? Are you perhaps admitting that you believe in God?

No

Every time you accuse me of being a troll, you admit that you believe in God. (because you haven't refuted my argument)

Truth seeker.
31-08-2014, 09:36 AM
(31-08-2014 09:24 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 09:17 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  No

Every time you accuse me of being a troll, you admit that you believe in God. (because you haven't refuted my argument)

I don't believe in God because I see no good evidence for his existence.

There's your refutation.

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

31-08-2014, 09:39 AM
Why is everyone dismissing my argument? I PROVED that fairies exist in my example. Without fairies we wouldn't have butterflies or bumble bees.

Diddo, you clearly missed the point of my argument.

My circular logic using your model did not prove the existence of fairies. (*thunk* great, I just killed another one.) I followed up my argument with a death threat from the Book of Peter Pan, much like religion does to those that call it out on its bullshit to keep people from questioning the content of what they are being taught. "For the wages of sin is death... Whosever believes in me will not perish but have everlasting life...the only way to the father is through me"

Not believing in fairies = they cease to exist
Not believing in god = god ceases to exist

If you'd like me to draw more parallels, I will when I get out of church. I'm in the closet with my family..

Do I believe in god? No.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
31-08-2014, 09:56 AM
(31-08-2014 09:36 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 09:24 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Every time you accuse me of being a troll, you admit that you believe in God. (because you haven't refuted my argument)

I don't believe in God because I see no good evidence for his existence.

There's your refutation.

You have not demonstrated how you can know anything, and you're asking me for evidence? Facepalm

Truth seeker.
31-08-2014, 10:00 AM
(31-08-2014 09:56 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 09:36 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  I don't believe in God because I see no good evidence for his existence.

There's your refutation.

You have not demonstrated how you can know anything, and you're asking me for evidence? Facepalm

Yes - because you're making the claim - basic burden of truth principle.

Either you can choose to engage with this or continue being intellectually dishonest.

31-08-2014, 10:18 AM
(30-08-2014 07:16 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 07:15 PM)natachan Wrote:  A lot of writing has been done to the contrary. And logically this isn't true. So I get to pull out my favorite phrase when theists say this.

Assertion. Prove it.

If I say that ten more times I get an ice cream cone.

Then where the fuck did it come from? It cannot come from the natural world, because it is supernatural.
Dude. Are you high ?
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
31-08-2014, 10:26 AM
(31-08-2014 09:12 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Did you watch his debate with Matt Dillahunty? If you did, you should immediately see how atheism is absurd.

I didn't see this particular debate. What points were argued that convinced you of that?

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx