Theist Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2014, 01:51 PM
RE: Theist Morality
(31-08-2014 12:45 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 12:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  What if he lied to you? You would be unaware of that and your whole system crashes.

I've literally pointed that out a dozen times, it's the one sentence refutation of all of SeyTen's bullshit. It's all built upon the unprovable, unverifiable, unwarranted assumption that their god isn't lying to them. It's all just a fucking house of cards, but they're too stupid to see it for what it is. Too focused on debating the merits of the frame of the mirror in the bathroom, that they fail to see the foundation of the house itself crumbling and sinking into the quicksand beneath.

That would be a good argument... If you weren't incapable of knowing anything.

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2014, 01:52 PM
(30-08-2014 07:16 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Then where the fuck did it come from? It cannot come from the natural world, because it is supernatural.

This is false. First morality has been shown where it has evolved from. Morality is really a simple you scratch my back, I will scratch yours thing. If animals of the same or even different species help each other if they in turned are help, they will eventually evolve the behavior in which harming the same species or the species known to help that species becomes bad. In turn stealing as well becomes bad because it hinders the species chances of survival as it harms an individual in the group. Humans are not the only animals with morals. Dolphins, canines, members of the family felidae, buffalo,even crocodiles show their morality when they protect their young and work together to hunt and share the food. Humans however are the only ones that think they need a holy book or a deity to show morality, despite the fact that many atheist and even religious people don't follow this god given morality. Let us look at your religions morality vs mine. Blue means agree red means disagree:

Murder
Stealing
Homosexuals should be aloud to marry
People are aloud to change their gender because many where born with that mentality and can not help it
People can get abortions
You do not have to get married to have sex
That beating kids is wrong
That people have the freedom of religion
That you are aloud to eat pork and shellfish
You are aloud to look at other people and think they look good even while in a relationship because enjoying the sight of a good looking person does not mean you want to fuck them.

As you can see already the red is much more then the blue. It seems that the only morals christians uses to say god gave us all morality is stealing and murder. However when asking an atheist for more morals past those two you can see that 99% of morals atheist have are immoral to christianity, like allowing homosexuals to marry.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
31-08-2014, 02:03 PM
(30-08-2014 07:21 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  1. The supernatural exists.
Unsubstantiated assertion

Quote:(without it, knowledge could not exist)

I applaud you for actually attempting to back up a statement for once, but unfortunately it's another unsubstantiated assertion.

Quote:2. The human spirit exists for the same reason as above

And since it was an unsubstantiated assertion, this is no longer a valid statement.

Quote:3. The human spirit is the house of consciousness
Unsubstantiated assertion, even if premise 1 and 2 were correct.

Quote:4. Morality comes from consciousness.
Unsubstantiated assertion, even if the previous three premises were correct.

Quote:5. Therefore, morality is supernatural.

Unsupported conclusion that has no legs to stand on.

You seem to understand the idea of a premise, but it's quite apparent that the concept of supporting evidence is lost on you.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
31-08-2014, 02:18 PM
(31-08-2014 11:15 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 10:26 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  I didn't see this particular debate. What points were argued that convinced you of that?

Atheism cannot account for knowledge.

And it doesn't claim to. What is your point?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-08-2014, 02:20 PM
(31-08-2014 01:51 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 12:45 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I've literally pointed that out a dozen times, it's the one sentence refutation of all of SeyTen's bullshit. It's all built upon the unprovable, unverifiable, unwarranted assumption that their god isn't lying to them. It's all just a fucking house of cards, but they're too stupid to see it for what it is. Too focused on debating the merits of the frame of the mirror in the bathroom, that they fail to see the foundation of the house itself crumbling and sinking into the quicksand beneath.

That would be a good argument... If you weren't incapable of knowing anything.

By your rules neither are you. Yet we do know things and those things definitively prove that Sye Ten is a lying idiot. You however are just an attention whore, and not a very bright one.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Diagnosis: schizophasia.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
31-08-2014, 02:51 PM
(31-08-2014 02:25 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Diagnosis: schizophasia.

It seems that schizophasia is a symptom rather than a diagnosis. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-08-2014, 02:59 PM
(30-08-2014 07:17 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 07:06 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Morality cannot exist if God doesn't exist.

And as gods are highly likely to not exist, we therefore need to re-think whether morality exists as anything other than a social construct.

That's kinda why we use the term ethics, rather than morality in everything other than philosophical / theological discourse.

Wink

It's hard to see inside a giraffe's head but I'd bet they don't believe in god yet they are more moral and ethical than god believing humans.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
31-08-2014, 03:34 PM
(31-08-2014 02:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ...
It's hard to see inside a giraffe's head but I'd bet they don't believe in god yet they are more moral and ethical than god believing humans.

I recall a time when god decided that all but two giraffes were thoroughly immoral and drowned the fuckers!

I guess that one could make a case that god believed in equality (for all clean animals).

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
31-08-2014, 03:45 PM
(31-08-2014 02:03 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 07:21 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  1. The supernatural exists.
Unsubstantiated assertion

Quote:(without it, knowledge could not exist)

I applaud you for actually attempting to back up a statement for once, but unfortunately it's another unsubstantiated assertion.

Quote:2. The human spirit exists for the same reason as above

And since it was an unsubstantiated assertion, this is no longer a valid statement.

Quote:3. The human spirit is the house of consciousness
Unsubstantiated assertion, even if premise 1 and 2 were correct.

Quote:4. Morality comes from consciousness.
Unsubstantiated assertion, even if the previous three premises were correct.

Quote:5. Therefore, morality is supernatural.

Unsupported conclusion that has no legs to stand on.

You seem to understand the idea of a premise, but it's quite apparent that the concept of supporting evidence is lost on you.

Your idea that everything must be substantiated by evidence is self contradictory. Where's your evidence that things require evidence?

Truth seeker.