Theist Speak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2013, 12:55 AM
Tongue Theist Speak
Religious jargon is so fun to listen to. I think it probably varies from community to community, but maybe it's a universal talk. What's the weirdest thing you've heard a religious person regularly say?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2013, 01:04 AM
RE: Theist Speak
God...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
22-02-2013, 01:18 AM
"Its all about a personal relationship with god"

Normally said when all other routes have failed......

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
22-02-2013, 01:24 AM
Guy at work has brand new iphone5 stolen first day, right off his desk.

His mom says "Well you should go to church more and pray"

I was like.. "What, no, he should call the cops or Apple and see if something can be done about this."
[+] 3 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
22-02-2013, 08:15 AM
(22-02-2013 01:24 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Guy at work has brand new iphone5 stolen first day, right off his desk.

His mom says "Well you should go to church more and pray"

I was like.. "What, no, he should call the cops or Apple and see if something can be done about this."
With today's tech, how long before we can produce a convincing simulation of God, one good enough to control the masses ? My happy thought for the day...

I had a friend post a "well how do ya explain this one atheists" thing on her fb wall the other day. It was all about how some chick had been certifiably cured of stage four bone cancer and had xray scans and everything to prove it. I didn't rip into her, but I wondered how it didn't occur to her that a. God gave the chick in question cancer in the first place b. he routinely doesn't cure thousands of others.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-02-2013, 08:30 AM
"I had a friend post a "well how do ya explain this one atheists" thing on her fb wall the other day."

Let alone the absolute slap in the face that is to her friend's doctors and her friend.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-02-2013, 08:56 AM
(22-02-2013 08:30 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "I had a friend post a "well how do ya explain this one atheists" thing on her fb wall the other day."

Let alone the absolute slap in the face that is to her friend's doctors and her friend.
Nah, it wasn't her friend. It was some random news article on a church website. The one who was cured was the one shouting about God - so really, *she's* the one insulting the docs if anything. But religious people don't think of it that way, they think of it as that the doctors are lucky to be God's instrument in curing people... it's a bit of a different mindset.
22-02-2013, 09:05 AM
(22-02-2013 08:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-02-2013 08:30 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "I had a friend post a "well how do ya explain this one atheists" thing on her fb wall the other day."

Nah, it wasn't her friend. It was some random news article on a church website. The one who was cured was the one shouting about God - so really, *she's* the one insulting the docs if anything. But religious people don't think of it that way, they think of it as that the doctors are lucky to be God's instrument in curing people... it's a bit of a different mindset.
I never understood that. If it were really God curing these people, then why do they even go to the doctor or take any medicine? Either they're just full of crap and *say* they believe God healed them to boost the faith they're lacking, or they think that a supposedly omnipotent god needs a doctor as an intercessor to heal said person.
22-02-2013, 09:06 AM
(22-02-2013 08:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  Nah, it wasn't her friend. It was some random news article on a church website. The one who was cured was the one shouting about God - so really, *she's* the one insulting the docs if anything. But religious people don't think of it that way, they think of it as that the doctors are lucky to be God's instrument in curing people... it's a bit of a different mindset.
[Image: tumblr_m5irlw2Xna1r6yi2uo1_500.jpg]

Or at least pick them more wisely Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
22-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Ego®'s definition of god as "the monistic fundamental consciousness" is right up there in terms of shit that makes no sense.

Right ahead of it however, may be a definition of faith I have heard. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for." If your definition needs explaining because it sounds like bullshit, it is not a very good definition at all.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Shocked Theist Parenting zachzachzachzach 9 250 24-04-2014 11:53 AM
Last Post: Misanthropik
  A reciprocal challenge from a theist. sporehux 9 550 09-12-2013 05:43 AM
Last Post: OddGamer
Question Advice required! Invited to speak at a debate with a theist! nooneofconsequence 7 336 05-11-2013 05:01 PM
Last Post: nooneofconsequence
  Another FB debate with theist friend Atheist_pilgrim 2 372 18-08-2013 04:32 PM
Last Post: Atheist_pilgrim
  Why the Atheists Always Lose to Good Theist Debaters scientist 48 7,222 09-08-2013 10:33 PM
Last Post: Freethinker2
  The Chicken, the Egg and the Theist TwoCultSurvivor 25 936 23-07-2013 04:07 PM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Facebook P.M.'s --> Theist With Daddy Issues Sticks Hand in Lion's Cage, Loses Arm KMFDM_Kid2000 6 635 13-07-2013 01:37 PM
Last Post: Dirtnapper324