Theist Speak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2013, 10:04 PM
RE: Theist Speak
Both of them are. Don't get me wrong I love my parents with everything I have they are truly amazing people. But when I try to reason with them its like banging my head against a wall.

"Invisible pink unicorns" and "Screaming blue ants" Matt Slick
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2013, 10:43 PM
I feel the same way about the Christians in my family. At one point my dad was so religious that he wanted to be a preacher, but he finally gave up the faith. I tried super hard to convert him while I was religious, but it didn't work.

What's weird is that I still have some amount of respect for religion, and I think religious art is beautiful - I just don't buy into it anymore. There's religious art all over the house, but then again our house is cluttered with junk my parents like.
Find all posts by this user
23-02-2013, 10:49 PM
I think you can agree with me when I say the amount of scaring after you leave the church is crazy it is so difficult to just "Move on"

23-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Without a doubt. Sometimes I miss the people I went to church with; I felt really close to them and their advice was wonderful. I know, though, that I couldn't see them without being asked why I'm not in church, and if I told them the truth (which I would because why lie) it would be an endless string of people trying to contact me and herd me back in.

I am not a sheep. I am a human being.
23-02-2013, 11:09 PM
A christian intervention to save your poor lost soul and return to you're wonderful life worshiping god!

23-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Ah god, I would hate if that were to happen. x.x

My old preacher said things like "If humans came from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?" and "How can you not believe in God when you see all the pretty flowers and the butterflies?" Ugh.
23-02-2013, 11:34 PM
(23-02-2013 11:19 PM)The Talking Goat Wrote:  Ah god, I would hate if that were to happen. x.x

My old preacher said things like "If humans came from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?" and "How can you not believe in God when you see all the pretty flowers and the butterflies?" Ugh.
I almost spat my orange juice all over my computer!
Oh and people cant seem to understand the feeling of joy that I got when I saw the world for what it really is. like neo in the matrix I found it funny that I had never had joy in the church. Once I saw that we can all get along we don't have to worship a god. We can help people just because we want to help them. Not because we are trying to convert them to anything.

23-02-2013, 11:40 PM
I definitely hate it that they don't understand that we can, in fact, have morals without a god. Humanity is able to be compassionate and loving without being blackmailed. Does the church really believe that they are such horrible people that they are incapable of good things on their own terms? That seems so awful.

The only close Christian friend I had really sickened me; he was so manipulative, yet claimed to be giving his life completely to a god that was supposedly good and loving.
23-02-2013, 11:47 PM
My friend told me today that people in fact don't just love each other because "If the power goes out they will all eat each other"

24-02-2013, 12:04 AM
I've never eaten anyone. Tongue

God seems like an angry Alanis Morissette. I say that because I'm listening to one of her jealous-ex-girlfriend songs and it seems like something God would do.

When I graduated last year, someone got us all Bibles. I still don't know why...