Theist Speak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2013, 01:51 AM
RE: Theist Speak
And yay I am the lord you're lamp I actually shine a light down on you now assume you're power position.....what? ......GET ON YOU'RE KNEES!!!

"Invisible pink unicorns" and "Screaming blue ants" Matt Slick
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2013, 04:13 PM
I found out that my friend that went to Catholic school is actually only two or three generations removed from Irish Catholics in Ireland. It explains the red hair.
Find all posts by this user
24-02-2013, 05:31 PM
(24-02-2013 04:13 PM)The Talking Goat Wrote:  I found out that my friend that went to Catholic school is actually only two or three generations removed from Irish Catholics in Ireland. It explains the red hair.

Sweet
Ok so my latest conversation with my mom today.
Me...hey mom guess what this guy Hitchens is an atheist and well hes dead now.
Mom to bad for him!
She did not see any ignorance in that statement. She said it offends her when I use that word about her...I later confirmed my thought that she said that cause she belives he is now in hell...so how is that not ignorance?

24-02-2013, 08:44 PM
(24-02-2013 05:31 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  
(24-02-2013 04:13 PM)The Talking Goat Wrote:  I found out that my friend that went to Catholic school is actually only two or three generations removed from Irish Catholics in Ireland. It explains the red hair.

Sweet
Ok so my latest conversation with my mom today.
Me...hey mom guess what this guy Hitchens is an atheist and well hes dead now.
Mom to bad for him!
She did not see any ignorance in that statement. She said it offends her when I use that word about her...I later confirmed my thought that she said that cause she belives he is now in hell...so how is that not ignorance?
She thinks she's right so she's probably sensitive to being called ignorant. It's weird to think back and realize how totally different their worldview is from ours, but people actually spend their whole lives believing that crap is true. Have you asked her what makes her so secure in her faith? By asking it isn't necessarily starting a debate - it's just legitimately figuring out what makes her believe what she does.
24-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Yes I have she says she has a real relationship with god and Jesus. She feels he is involved in everything she does.

I guess I am just at a point of not wanting to have these meaningless debates anymore when the whole point of this is to enjoy life as much as possible and as weird as it may sound the moment I realized that we only have a short amount of time on this earth that their is no afterlife something that should make me feel very depressed I felt the exact other way my mom asked me in a non joking way and out of love what I would do differently and it almost felt like I moved off to a different place thinking about all the possible things I could be doing instead of going to church twice a week I could instead use that time to work at the homeless shelter or whatever but just the thought of all the other things I could be doing with that time just blew my mind sorry for no punctuation I am feeling way to lazy atm to use it oh and I just saw the movie "The perks of being a wildflower" And thought it was pretty solid

24-02-2013, 09:30 PM
"Yes I have she says she has a real relationship with god and Jesus. She feels he is involved in everything she does. "

She's right. They live inside her head and they're with her all the time.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
24-02-2013, 09:33 PM
(24-02-2013 09:30 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "Yes I have she says she has a real relationship with god and Jesus. She feels he is involved in everything she does. "

She's right. They live inside her head and they're with her all the time.
I don't have the heart to tell her that cause I would only be hurting her she would thingk I think shes crazy. Shes not btw

24-02-2013, 09:33 PM
It definitely does help to get your mind off of upsetting things like that when you can. Some people can't be won over, but there's still the chance to enjoy your time together. I've had disagreements with my mom but honestly I don't think I would still be alive without her support. Enjoy the qualities about her that make her a good person.

I haven't seen that movie; I may try to watch some TV when my dad goes to bed, but until then I'm just browsing the web.
24-02-2013, 09:40 PM
"Shes not btw"

Oh I agree. At least, I couldn't call her crazy based only on the fact that she has the god virus. There are a lot of highly intelligent, perfectly rational people who somehow lose all logic when the god virus conflicts with reality.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
24-02-2013, 09:42 PM
(24-02-2013 09:33 PM)The Talking Goat Wrote:  It definitely does help to get your mind off of upsetting things like that when you can. Some people can't be won over, but there's still the chance to enjoy your time together. I've had disagreements with my mom but honestly I don't think I would still be alive without her support. Enjoy the qualities about her that make her a good person.

I haven't seen that movie; I may try to watch some TV when my dad goes to bed, but until then I'm just browsing the web.

^ Have you noticed that a lot of Christians like to deal in 100% and absolute certainty in things outside of the faith as well like my brother in law was telling me how mad he is cause he always gets matched with idiots and noobs every single time he plays league of legends..that's an online game obv lol when I asked him 100% seems a bit inflated to me he said just play and see....I told him...I...do...play

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Shocked Theist Parenting zachzachzachzach 9 251 24-04-2014 11:53 AM
Last Post: Misanthropik
  A reciprocal challenge from a theist. sporehux 9 551 09-12-2013 05:43 AM
Last Post: OddGamer
Question Advice required! Invited to speak at a debate with a theist! nooneofconsequence 7 336 05-11-2013 05:01 PM
Last Post: nooneofconsequence
  Another FB debate with theist friend Atheist_pilgrim 2 372 18-08-2013 04:32 PM
Last Post: Atheist_pilgrim
  Why the Atheists Always Lose to Good Theist Debaters scientist 48 7,226 09-08-2013 10:33 PM
Last Post: Freethinker2
  The Chicken, the Egg and the Theist TwoCultSurvivor 25 939 23-07-2013 04:07 PM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Facebook P.M.'s --> Theist With Daddy Issues Sticks Hand in Lion's Cage, Loses Arm KMFDM_Kid2000 6 636 13-07-2013 01:37 PM
Last Post: Dirtnapper324