Theist Speak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2013, 09:45 PM
RE: Theist Speak
Every debate can be stopped with I don't expect to know gods plan and I say wait no that's not an argument that's a huge cop out!

"Invisible pink unicorns" and "Screaming blue ants" Matt Slick
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Black and white thinking is a cognitive distortion that a lot of people have trouble with. A lot of it I think has to do with the person's view of the world in general but I could be wrong.
Find all posts by this user
24-02-2013, 09:57 PM
(24-02-2013 09:47 PM)The Talking Goat Wrote:  Black and white thinking is a cognitive distortion that a lot of people have trouble with. A lot of it I think has to do with the person's view of the world in general but I could be wrong.

I honestly think if an older christian said to himself wait I don't think this is true I don't think this way they would then say well I'm old now what is the benefit to denounce my faith now if their is still a chance I could get into heaven and have a new everlasting life

24-02-2013, 10:00 PM
I could see that. If you're in that deep, you probably wouldn't abandon something you believed your whole life at that point. I honestly bet a lot of religious people that wonder about their faiths won't leave them because they don't know what to do without them.
24-02-2013, 10:02 PM
(24-02-2013 10:00 PM)The Talking Goat Wrote:  I could see that. If you're in that deep, you probably wouldn't abandon something you believed your whole life at that point. I honestly bet a lot of religious people that wonder about their faiths won't leave them because they don't know what to do without them.

For sure I also think maybe this is one the biggest things that not a lot of people talk about they say that if they die and nothing happens they will be happy and satisfied with what they have done...I would not seems so simple now

24-02-2013, 11:22 PM
I have so many things I want to do before I die. I know I always heard Christians say "Are you prepared for eternity?" and it was sort of weird for me. I'm not afraid to die; there are just so many things I hope I can do before it happens, especially knowing that this life is all that's guaranteed.
24-02-2013, 11:57 PM
(24-02-2013 11:22 PM)The Talking Goat Wrote:  I have so many things I want to do before I die. I know I always heard Christians say "Are you prepared for eternity?" and it was sort of weird for me. I'm not afraid to die; there are just so many things I hope I can do before it happens, especially knowing that this life is all that's guaranteed.

I could not get over the fact that my parents say they would be 100% satisfied with their lives if they died today like you said I am not afraid to die but they're are so many more things I want to do before I do I am not just content with what I have done now if I could do more

25-02-2013, 12:19 AM
I recently was sent a text message by a theist saying "We can't see air but we know it's there. We can't see sound waves but we know they are there. We can't see God but we know he's there."

Well, I usually bite my lip with this person but this time I couldn't keep it to myself. I replied telling her that we can test air down to the molecular level and verify its existence. We can do the same with sound waves and understand what it is. Simply knocking on a wall proves sound. I then asked her if she can prove her god in any way. That question did not go over well. She told me things like, I was close minded. Me? :-)
[+] 3 users Like ThinkerPlus's post
25-02-2013, 10:18 AM
My parents asked me the same thing and I knew how stupid it sounded but could not think of a way to refute it thanks a lot Smile

25-02-2013, 03:32 PM
I abandoned my Christian faith after 50 years so I guess there's hope for anyone. Last week I heard again the statement that god allowed those children to be shot to remind us we should be praying in school. Now what will remind me how loving he is?
[+] 1 user Likes sandman's post