Theist Speak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: Theist Speak
(24-02-2013 11:57 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  
(24-02-2013 11:22 PM)The Talking Goat Wrote:  I have so many things I want to do before I die. I know I always heard Christians say "Are you prepared for eternity?" and it was sort of weird for me. I'm not afraid to die; there are just so many things I hope I can do before it happens, especially knowing that this life is all that's guaranteed.

I could not get over the fact that my parents say they would be 100% satisfied with their lives if they died today like you said I am not afraid to die but they're are so many more things I want to do before I do I am not just content with what I have done now if I could do more
I feel like it would be difficult to say "I have nothing left that I want to do before I die" unless you've been alive a while. I haven't even been around two decades; I think there's so much more out there for me. Thumbsup
(25-02-2013 03:32 PM)sandman Wrote:  I abandoned my Christian faith after 50 years so I guess there's hope for anyone. Last week I heard again the statement that god allowed those children to be shot to remind us we should be praying in school. Now what will remind me how loving he is?
That makes me sick to my stomach. The killing of innocent children is never justified. Besides, from my understanding there can be prayer in schools, it just has to be led by students (rather than teachers or other school employees). What led you to abandon your faith?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2013, 04:04 PM
(25-02-2013 12:19 AM)ThinkerPlus Wrote:  I recently was sent a text message by a theist saying "We can't see air but we know it's there. We can't see sound waves but we know they are there. We can't see God but we know he's there."

Well, I usually bite my lip with this person but this time I couldn't keep it to myself. I replied telling her that we can test air down to the molecular level and verify its existence. We can do the same with sound waves and understand what it is. Simply knocking on a wall proves sound. I then asked her if she can prove her god in any way. That question did not go over well. She told me things like, I was close minded. Me? :-)

(25-02-2013 03:47 PM)The Talking Goat Wrote:  
(24-02-2013 11:57 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  I could not get over the fact that my parents say they would be 100% satisfied with their lives if they died today like you said I am not afraid to die but they're are so many more things I want to do before I do I am not just content with what I have done now if I could do more

I feel like it would be difficult to say "I have nothing left that I want to do before I die" unless you've been alive a while. I haven't even been around two decades; I think there's so much more out there for me. Thumbsup

(25-02-2013 03:32 PM)sandman Wrote:  I abandoned my Christian faith after 50 years so I guess there's hope for anyone. Last week I heard again the statement that god allowed those children to be shot to remind us we should be praying in school. Now what will remind me how loving he is?
That makes me sick to my stomach. The killing of innocent children is never justified. Besides, from my understanding there can be prayer in schools, it just has to be led by students (rather than teachers or other school employees). What led you to abandon your faith?

Me. So what you're saying is that yes all these terrible things went on in the old testament but because Jesus killed himself on a cross of wood that we no longer have to kill people for being gay or yelling at their parents?

Friend. Yes

Me. But we all said the statement over and over in church god never changes....That's in the bible!

Friend. Well I don't expect to know gods plan.

Me. My head starts to bleed from banging it against the wall so much.

"Invisible pink unicorns" and "Screaming blue ants" Matt Slick
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-02-2013, 04:41 PM
(25-02-2013 04:04 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  
(25-02-2013 12:19 AM)ThinkerPlus Wrote:  I recently was sent a text message by a theist saying "We can't see air but we know it's there. We can't see sound waves but we know they are there. We can't see God but we know he's there."

Well, I usually bite my lip with this person but this time I couldn't keep it to myself. I replied telling her that we can test air down to the molecular level and verify its existence. We can do the same with sound waves and understand what it is. Simply knocking on a wall proves sound. I then asked her if she can prove her god in any way. That question did not go over well. She told me things like, I was close minded. Me? :-)

(25-02-2013 03:47 PM)The Talking Goat Wrote:  I feel like it would be difficult to say "I have nothing left that I want to do before I die" unless you've been alive a while. I haven't even been around two decades; I think there's so much more out there for me. Thumbsup

Me. So what you're saying is that yes all these terrible things went on in the old testament but because Jesus killed himself on a cross of wood that we no longer have to kill people for being gay or yelling at their parents?

Friend. Yes

Me. But we all said the statement over and over in church god never changes....That's in the bible!

So what said friend is saying is that the Bible does say that God doesn't change... but then God changed. Blink

This is one of the videos that made me back away from Christianity. It's not the best of the ones out there but it does a GREAT job of getting its point across.

25-02-2013, 05:00 PM
"It's a personal relationship..."
Yeah! I have the same one...with my hand. fff xD

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
25-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Simply wonderful Smile
New song I just heard today not sure what type of music you like but I thought this was soothing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucVUrXI14TI

25-02-2013, 06:09 PM
(25-02-2013 04:41 PM)The Talking Goat Wrote:  
(25-02-2013 04:04 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  Me. So what you're saying is that yes all these terrible things went on in the old testament but because Jesus killed himself on a cross of wood that we no longer have to kill people for being gay or yelling at their parents?

Friend. Yes

So what said friend is saying is that the Bible does say that God doesn't change... but then God changed. Blink

This is one of the videos that made me back away from Christianity. It's not the best of the ones out there but it does a GREAT job of getting its point across.

(25-02-2013 05:00 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  "It's a personal relationship..."
Yeah! I have the same one...with my hand. fff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FMANlc-mz8 What a lot of Christians say every morning just replace wheelchair with god

25-02-2013, 06:45 PM
(25-02-2013 05:14 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  Simply wonderful Smile
New song I just heard today not sure what type of music you like but I thought this was soothing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucVUrXI14TI
I listen to most music. Tongue I watched Dogma today. Very weird movie, also the place where this meme came from.

[Image: buddy-christ_1_2.png]
25-02-2013, 08:30 PM
(25-02-2013 06:45 PM)The Talking Goat Wrote:  
(25-02-2013 05:14 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  Simply wonderful Smile

I listen to most music. Tongue I watched Dogma today. Very weird movie, also the place where this meme came from.

I think I understand what the meme is saying...
and if that is what its saying then its....its just great Smile just looked up the movie on IMDB looks very strange :O

26-02-2013, 05:23 PM
(25-02-2013 08:30 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  
(25-02-2013 06:45 PM)The Talking Goat Wrote:  I listen to most music. Tongue I watched Dogma today. Very weird movie, also the place where this meme came from.

and if that is what its saying then its....its just great Smile just looked up the movie on IMDB looks very strange :O
Oh it is strange, but it was on my laptop in a folder of stuff one of my friends gave me, so I figured why not. Plus it has Alan Rickman. Heart Oh that Alan. He has the voice of a god.

I've been listening to this guy on YouTube reading popular Christian books and offering an atheist viewpoint. He's so good - it's ridiculous how sneaky book writers can be. Or religious people in general, really.
26-02-2013, 05:25 PM
(25-02-2013 08:30 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  
(25-02-2013 06:45 PM)The Talking Goat Wrote:  I listen to most music. Tongue I watched Dogma today. Very weird movie, also the place where this meme came from.

Oh it is strange, but it was on my laptop in a folder of stuff one of my friends gave me, so I figured why not. Plus it has Alan Rickman. Heart Oh that Alan. He has the voice of a god.

I've been listening to this guy on YouTube reading popular Christian books and offering an atheist viewpoint. He's so good - it's ridiculous how sneaky book writers can be. Or religious people in general, really.