http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/25...=fb&src=sp

This makes me sick.

No other words. I'm still in shock.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2011, 04:29 AM
RE: Theist cruelty
Oh dear... Sad
I've seen this news a couple of weeks ago. Probably that old hag does not understand how animals think/act. This reminds me of a little story from my mother's family birthplace, I am from Mexico and my mother's family birth place was in the state of Jalisco which is very similar to the US "Bible belt", anyway it is said if a female chicken sings like a rooster is not natural even somewhat evil, and if that happen the chicken must be put to death and no one should eat it Confused. It is scary how far religious/supersticious people go... Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-02-2011, 06:24 AM
I think there was another thread on the same topic or I've read this somewhere already - poor dog , didn't deserve that.But this is how far some people go , what's worse is that they sometimes apply the same logic to humans. Sad

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
15-02-2011, 08:08 PM
I skimmed over the other forums but didn't see it anywhere. It might be buried, or you might've read it on a separate site.

The attachment to bibles is just plain scary sometimes. I found a bunch of different articles on this, most were the same but one had a quote saying that God told her to kill the dog. I've read many other things done in the name of God (shooting abortion doctors and such) but this one has by far hit me the hardest. A PUPPY. An innocent PUPPY. Sure, there's atheists out there that have probably neglected or hurt animals before, but this was purely out of religious fanatical-ness.
16-02-2011, 02:07 AM
I saw this in the news. The women is being criminally charged.

I wish I could beat her with a large bible first. Then perhaps tie the large bible in a tree like a swing too high, put her on it and see how long she can stay up there without falling. When she does fall, find out if she is conscious, if yes, beat her with another bible till unconscious, but not dead. Take her to the hospital to make her well again; then beat her to death with the same bible.

OK! I'm not really like that, it just makes me feel better to have gone through it in my mind!

The Beauty of The Scientific Method , is the Anticipation of a Better Explanation.
16-02-2011, 08:02 AM
What a horrid thing to do, but in the same sense the view here by most will be that this woman was crazy, and that the bible had nothing to do with her actions. Crazy people are indeed crazy no matter what, but arm them with religion and they're a far more dangerous form of crazy. Had she not had her belief in god this woman probably would've felt that this action was wrong.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
16-02-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm an animal lover. I was a vegan for 7.5 years. What she did was not normal behaviour. Not by any metric. I know that this is an Atheist website but I really feel strongly that saying that this has more to to with religion than it does to do with a serious, not to mention dangerous, mental health issue does a disservice to pretty much everyone.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
16-02-2011, 11:27 AM
I am a strong lover for animals and view oppression to them as worse than that to humans. One of the first huge issues I had with religion was Christianity's demand that humans are not animals and that the rest of the world is inferior. My statement is over the fact that this woman obviously has an issue, but as I've seen from my own observation of people with a screw loose. Their actions become more agressive when they see a greater purpose to them.

Yes I'm aware it's an awkward stance but I feel that religion can be viewed as a contributor. I am not violently against anything, I just feel that short sighted beliefs become very dangerous in the hands of people who have trouble discerning reality. The woman should be kept from doing anything like this again. I was just stating that there should be some correlation between what she did and her beliefs as opposed to simply writing it off as crazy.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
17-02-2011, 02:06 AM
I agree with Lilith Pride. Religion may not be the cause of everything bad, but it makes bad and screwed-up people more dangerous.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
17-02-2011, 07:31 PM
It's maybe one of the scariest things I've come across- the human mind, combined with religion.

She still needs to be locked up somewhere, whether it's jail or a mental hospital. If she can murder a puppy in cold blood, it could potentially one day extend to humans.

I still feel horribly sick over the thought. I do not have the capacity to hurt an animal, and cannot wrap my mind around how someone can.