Theistic Absolutism: A question I'm asking Christians.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2012, 02:30 PM
RE: Theistic Absolutism: A question I'm asking Christians.
K.C....From a cosmic, contemplative, non religious, philosophical stance, I consider myself a 4.
Blaisse Pascal, a Christian, gave himself 50-50 odds and as I follow no religion i see my mark as more realistic. Angel
"In seeking to be Gods we may become less than men" (women) I'm no Paulian)
Paul Tillich....I think?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2012, 02:46 PM
I haven't disabled anyone's ability to add rep. I've been doing a lot of it recently. If you can't add rep that might be a larger issue within the forum.
However the ability to add from posts has been removed. If you click the rep points beside someone's name it will take you to a rep page where ou can see why others posted rep and you should have the option to do so as well.
If any of you don't let me know. Might explain why KC has higher rep than me, even though I'm way funnier.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
28-02-2012, 02:50 PM
(28-02-2012 02:46 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Might explain why KC has higher rep than me, even though I'm way funnier.

It's my Christian Voodoo powers. Remember?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
28-02-2012, 03:10 PM
(28-02-2012 02:12 PM)Egor Wrote:  Dang it. I come in here as myself and my rep points are increasing. I used to be a -17, and I was pretty proud of that. How do you add to someone's rep points?

Egor, you're turning out to be really an awesome guy Smile It takes courage to do what you did too, to change your publicly held beliefs and to come back to this place where you have been ridiculed ( and get ridiculed more). I honestly don't think I could do that. Kudos Smile Sorry for off topic everyone, just had to say it.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-02-2012, 03:12 PM
(28-02-2012 02:30 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  K.C....From a cosmic, contemplative, non religious, philosophical stance, I consider myself a 4.
Blaisse Pascal, a Christian, gave himself 50-50 odds and as I follow no religion i see my mark as more realistic. Angel
Paul Tillich....I think?

That is a very honest answer. I think a 4 is very respectable.

28-02-2012, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2012 04:14 PM by kineo.)
(28-02-2012 03:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-02-2012 02:12 PM)Egor Wrote:  Dang it. I come in here as myself and my rep points are increasing. I used to be a -17, and I was pretty proud of that. How do you add to someone's rep points?

Egor, you're turning out to be really an awesome guy Smile It takes courage to do what you did too, to change your publicly held beliefs and to come back to this place where you have been ridiculed ( and get ridiculed more). I honestly don't think I could do that. Kudos Smile Sorry for off topic everyone, just had to say it.

Seriously... I really want to be skeptical and I want to be believe... so I'm conflicted... so I'll just say- I like this new Egor. You keep this up and I might be forced to remove my negative rep.
(28-02-2012 03:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(28-02-2012 02:30 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  K.C....From a cosmic, contemplative, non religious, philosophical stance, I consider myself a 4.
Paul Tillich....I think?

That is a very honest answer. I think a 4 is very respectable.

I'm level 6 and farming mobs for level 7... but it's still like a million miles away. Sad
So how many folks from church are on your Facebook page to see this?

I think it's worth posting if it doesn't put your family in a tight spot... your child's friends, your wife's friends, etc.

I think it's a great message to get people thinking about what they believe and why they believe it. Growing up in a religious house often means that you have a default religion and you never really stop to consider it. You're told that you don't just believe in God... you KNOW God exists. And if you don't KNOW God exists then you really need to evaluate your faith and recommit yourself to God... "get in the Word", pray more, pray harder, get on your knees and stop denying the work of the Spirit of God in you.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
28-02-2012, 04:23 PM
I am some place between 6 and 7. I can't be 7 because there is no scientific proof that there is no god. But I consider it as improbable as improbable can be.

Should there be something like a god, I sure as heck hope he isn't omniscient and omnipotent, because if he were, I'd have to hate his guts.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
28-02-2012, 04:34 PM
(28-02-2012 03:52 PM)kineo Wrote:  So how many folks from church are on your Facebook page to see this?

I think it's worth posting if it doesn't put your family in a tight spot... your child's friends, your wife's friends, etc.

I think it's a great message to get people thinking about what they believe and why they believe it. Growing up in a religious house often means that you have a default religion and you never really stop to consider it. You're told that you don't just believe in God... you KNOW God exists. And if you don't KNOW God exists then you really need to evaluate your faith and recommit yourself to God... "get in the Word", pray more, pray harder, get on your knees and stop denying the work of the Spirit of God in you.

I think I have ~30 people from church. Something like that.

And no, it won't do anything to hurt my family. I wouldn't ever do that.

28-02-2012, 10:49 PM
I posted the note. I made it public and already got some random dude commenting. As it turns out, he's a local pastor at one of the churches around me. lol

He said:
Quote:Well I guess I'll be the one! If I didn't know God exist 100% I couldn't, wouldn't, or shouldn't be in the ministry! I guess in some people's mind the "Peace of God" I feel (which transcends understanding) Phil. 4:6 is just released endorphines (sp) in the brain from getting too excited! LOL!!!!!!! My friend the "evidence" of God is the revelation from God. Matthew 16:17 Note: This is God's design! The reason we need faith after the evidence is to please God! Heb. 11:6. Yes unfortunately it is possible to know God and not please Him Sad but Thank God for salvation in Christ He is pleased with the blood! There is so much scientific evidence for God just looking at the simplicty of space itself Romans 1:20 (I knew this as a child which led me to know there was an eternal God) but even with all the tangible evidence in the world you still will ONLY KNOW through faith! Big Grin

Then I said:
Quote:Sorry, but you are lying to yourself. Personal anecdotal evidence and feelings mean nothing and prove nothing in the field of God's existence. I know a man, exactly like yourself, who was in the ministry for 20+ years, claimed as you did (a 1), and is now an atheist.

He had all the experiences you had. He spoke to God, felt the Holy Spirit, listened to God's revelations for his life, and then he realized he didn't believe it anymore and it was fake.

By the same logic you just used, this proves that God does not exist.

Claiming omniscience in any subject takes a lot of gall, and significantly reduces the sovereignty of the One you claim as God. Humanity is imperfect; therefore, it can never reach perfection. Only God is perfect.

You may strongly believe, and you may live your life as if there is a God, but no one can ever claim to know for absolutely sure.

This is why we place our faith in Christ... we trust that He is God and is our Savior. Faith is birthed from the unknown. The more faith you have in Christ, the more you lean on Him and His understanding. Christ does not lean on you for your understanding, which is what you claim under the guise of "knowing".

28-02-2012, 11:00 PM
(28-02-2012 10:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I posted the note. I made it public and already got some random dude commenting. As it turns out, he's a local pastor at one of the churches around me. lol

He said:
Quote:Well I guess I'll be the one! If I didn't know God exist 100% I couldn't, wouldn't, or shouldn't be in the ministry! I guess in some people's mind the "Peace of God" I feel (which transcends understanding) Phil. 4:6 is just released endorphines (sp) in the brain from getting too excited! LOL!!!!!!! My friend the "evidence" of God is the revelation from God. Matthew 16:17 Note: This is God's design! The reason we need faith after the evidence is to please God! Heb. 11:6. Yes unfortunately it is possible to know God and not please Him Sad but Thank God for salvation in Christ He is pleased with the blood! There is so much scientific evidence for God just looking at the simplicty of space itself Romans 1:20 (I knew this as a child which led me to know there was an eternal God) but even with all the tangible evidence in the world you still will ONLY KNOW through faith! Big Grin

Then I said:
Quote:Sorry, but you are lying to yourself. Personal anecdotal evidence and feelings mean nothing and prove nothing in the field of God's existence. I know a man, exactly like yourself, who was in the ministry for 20+ years, claimed as you did (a 1), and is now an atheist.

He had all the experiences you had. He spoke to God, felt the Holy Spirit, listened to God's revelations for his life, and then he realized he didn't believe it anymore and it was fake.

By the same logic you just used, this proves that God does not exist.

Claiming omniscience in any subject takes a lot of gall, and significantly reduces the sovereignty of the One you claim as God. Humanity is imperfect; therefore, it can never reach perfection. Only God is perfect.

You may strongly believe, and you may live your life as if there is a God, but no one can ever claim to know for absolutely sure.

This is why we place our faith in Christ... we trust that He is God and is our Savior. Faith is birthed from the unknown. The more faith you have in Christ, the more you lean on Him and His understanding. Christ does not lean on you for your understanding, which is what you claim under the guise of "knowing".

My friend, just as Catholic Church marks the "Stations of the Cross", you're well on your way going the other direction. You're not here yet, but you're going through the Stations in reverse and someday you'll be one of us. I can't be prouder.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post