Theistic Absolutism: A question I'm asking Christians.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2012, 11:05 PM
RE: Theistic Absolutism: A question I'm asking Christians.
(28-02-2012 11:00 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  My friend, just as Catholic Church marks the "Stations of the Cross", you're well on your way going the other direction. You're not here yet, but you're going through the Stations in reverse and someday you'll be one of us. I can't be prouder.

You know good and well that these comments aren't stemming from a decaying faith. They stem from people's audacity and fallacious claims about God. I firmly believe no man can act upon God; God has to act on them.

I'm just hoping other Christians will set down their silly pride and realize they aren't in control.

But... thanks Big Grin

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2012, 11:09 PM
(28-02-2012 11:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(28-02-2012 11:00 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  My friend, just as Catholic Church marks the "Stations of the Cross", you're well on your way going the other direction. You're not here yet, but you're going through the Stations in reverse and someday you'll be one of us. I can't be prouder.

You know good and well that these comments aren't stemming from a decaying faith. They stem from people's audacity and fallacious claims about God. I firmly believe no man can act upon God; God has to act on them.

I'm just hoping other Christians will set down their silly pride and realize they aren't in control.

But... thanks Big Grin

Not decaying faith. Just being a free-thinker who hasn't yet unleashed the last of his imaginary slave bonds.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
28-02-2012, 11:14 PM
(28-02-2012 11:09 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-02-2012 11:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

But... thanks Big Grin

Not decaying faith. Just being a free-thinker who hasn't yet unleashed the last of his imaginary slave bonds.

You do know this site has change me on the Dawkin's Scale from a 2 to a 1.8, right?

[Image: 3217593_640px.jpg?1320520687]

[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
29-02-2012, 01:20 AM

(28-02-2012 02:27 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Well no. There are other theological differences I have with Southern Baptists. I am an amillennialist and an evolutionary creationists. There are also a few other things that I believe that differ, but they are minute.

You are wrong the crisis of faith. I would say it's more of a crisis of community. My faith has never been as anchored as it is now.

Quote:Dang it. I come in here as myself and my rep points are increasing. I used to be a -17, and I was pretty proud of that.

You're a great guy when you're being Edward. Like, really great. I wish you wouldn't be your Egor persona anymore. Edward is much better all the way around.
(28-02-2012 02:12 PM)Egor Wrote:  How do you add to someone's rep points?

I think you have to be approved by Lucradis. Given your history, I don't know if that's going to happen. However, if you keep acting and conversing like you have been the past couple of day, that might be restored.

I really, really hope you do that. You are a cool dude like this.

Thanks, KC. That really means a lot to me. And I feel your pain with this church thing. I'm telling you, this is what I meant by a crisis of faith. It's not that you would abandon God or Christ, it's that you might be too spiritual for the Church. You know, St. Francis of Asisi left the very order he formed.

I wish you the best of luck, and I would pray that God would lead you on the right path, but I know he will anyway, probably already is. Still, it's the thought that counts and makes it such a beautiful gesture on my part...just kidding.Big Grin

Would you be happier in a Calvinist Church? Maybe you have to make a serious move in that direction. I notice you're 29. You know, that is the age when major shifts in one's spiritual life occur--just look at Jesus.
(28-02-2012 02:46 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I haven't disabled anyone's ability to add rep. I've been doing a lot of it recently. If you can't add rep that might be a larger issue within the forum.
However the ability to add from posts has been removed. If you click the rep points beside someone's name it will take you to a rep page where ou can see why others posted rep and you should have the option to do so as well.
If any of you don't let me know. Might explain why KC has higher rep than me, even though I'm way funnier.

I see no way to add rep points from the person's rep page. I thought it might have to do with me having negative rep points. I'm not sure.

If you want, I could start a new account. Truth is, I wouldn't mind doing that anyway. I don't think I want to be the way I've been. You can thank KC for that one.

But that's up to you. I'm fine the way I am as well.
(28-02-2012 03:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-02-2012 02:12 PM)Egor Wrote:  Dang it. I come in here as myself and my rep points are increasing. I used to be a -17, and I was pretty proud of that. How do you add to someone's rep points?

Egor, you're turning out to be really an awesome guy Smile It takes courage to do what you did too, to change your publicly held beliefs and to come back to this place where you have been ridiculed ( and get ridiculed more). I honestly don't think I could do that. Kudos Smile Sorry for off topic everyone, just had to say it.

Wow, Morondog, thanks.

I don't want to wax all religious, but you have to understand that I'm always with God. I'm never alone. So, it's easier for me than it might be for some others. But I'll say this about you: You have said some positive things about me when it was not at all popular to do so. That has happened like three times to me in 19 years of doing this. Don't think for a moment that I didn't notice and didn't find that a bit unusual. You say you couldn't do what I did; I think you underestimate yourself.

I'm not sure how this all turned into a big group hug thing, but I'm glad it did.

Unfortunately, it kind of reminds me of the testicular cancer group in the movie "Fight Club." Confused

[Image: edward_norton_meat_loaf_fight_club_001.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Egor's post
29-02-2012, 02:21 AM
(29-02-2012 01:20 AM)Egor Wrote:  Unfortunately, it kind of reminds me of the testicular cancer group in the movie "Fight Club." Confused

ROFL Big Grin Ahahahaha!
29-02-2012, 08:04 AM
(29-02-2012 01:20 AM)Egor Wrote:  I don't want to wax all religious, but you have to understand that I'm always with God. I'm never alone.

Always got my Gwynnies. Same kinda thing. Wink

Thing about this forum is that it is made up of many experienced adults. A little Christian love-in just goes to show we understand each other around here. Or at least try to... you know, between the flaming and stuff. Angel

As for absolutism, I'm an 8 - gotta be totally insane to be an 8. Big Grin

I got my Gwynnies backed up by the LC; this one cannot see how it is possible to be more atheist, but this one is kinda chill lately. I blame Worcester - there's stuff to do 'round here rather than sit inside and virtualize all day like I did in the desert...

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Hmmm, apparently one of my comments made him angry.

I haven't see what he said, but I was told he isn't very happy.

...and he just invoked the wrath of my brother... smh... God help him...

29-02-2012, 10:35 AM
(29-02-2012 08:53 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hmmm, apparently one of my comments made him angry.

Who, the preacher who responded to you? I thought your reply was a good rebuttal to his. I did wonder how he responded- I guess we have an answer. Big Grin
29-02-2012, 10:38 AM
(29-02-2012 10:35 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(29-02-2012 08:53 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hmmm, apparently one of my comments made him angry.

Who, the preacher who responded to you? I thought your reply was a good rebuttal to his. I did wonder how he responded- I guess we have an answer. Big Grin

Yeah, I can't see FB at work. My brother is giving me the gist of it.

29-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Dang it, I want to see... Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post