Theistic Absolutism: A question I'm asking Christians.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-02-2012, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 29-02-2012 07:51 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Theistic Absolutism: A question I'm asking Christians.
(29-02-2012 07:18 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Here's a hint: Hebrews 11.

A blast from the past from the preach. Smile Just reread Hebrews 11 KJV for the umpteenth time but this time I replaced the word "faith" with "chance". ... It was a much more interesting story.

(29-02-2012 07:18 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Of course, ... this might be the longest run on sentence I've ever composed so I'm pretty jazzed about that.

The rest of us, not so jazzed.

(29-02-2012 07:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(29-02-2012 07:18 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  and this might be the longest run on sentence I've ever composed so I'm pretty jazzed about that.

Learn German, you can make a sentence that's a page long and throw all the verbs on the end.

Get thee behind me, Satan. Thou art an offence unto me.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2012, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 08:24 PM by Mr Woof.)
RE: Theistic Absolutism: A question I'm asking Christians.
AS a 1.8 on the Dawkin scale is there a specific idea relating to god that bothers you?

(2)If God devised a perfect logical system, through which man was to evolve, do you see man's wllfullness, as error, belligerence, stupidity, ignorance or whatever; surely then, if there is no degree of free will God has simply created his own special automatons! Without testing of a hypothesis, by trialing ,in God's case humanity, then the whole exercise is simply a cruel game.
On the other hand God could have devised an inherently good learning plan, full of pit falls , which by virtue of the plans intrinsic perfection would have to be eventually fulfilled.

(3) Do you see Hell as a literal eternal torture planned for the faulty puppets he manufactures.? And, if so, do you have problems in justifying this.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post