Theistic Evolution Questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2017, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2017 11:19 AM by Robvalue.)
RE: Theistic Evolution Questions
I look forward to it!

My biggest concern about your style of thinking is that you seem to think you are immune to being tricked into a false conclusion.

Every time you have a dream, you're being tricked into thinking "reality" is your dream world. You can be as certain as you like, within the dream, that you're not dreaming. You can come up with whatever criteria you like, make whatever arguments you like to yourself in the dream that it is actually reality, but you will wake up regardless. In the same way, reality can always be different to what you think it is.

Personally, I've abandoned entirely trying to define what "real" means, in objective terms. I use the term only comparatively/subjectively, and have adopted a form of absurdism: "Things are as real to any particular observer as they appear to be."

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2017, 02:54 PM
(16-02-2017 09:22 AM)Naielis Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 07:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Every psychotic thinks what they think they know inherently is real and true.
Your definitions and assertions are flawed.
Every psych ward is full of proof you are totally wrong.
What goes on in human brains is the result of a LEARNING process. How does one know the process is complete, and true ?
You're asserting something that is demonstrably false. Repeating a falsehood, does not make it true.

There is nothing "inherent in every mind", nor are there "properties of intellect" that are not learned. You know nothing about Psychology, Neuro-science, or learning.

Define "ingrained". Define "grounded" and tell us how they got there, and how that state came about.

Oh well.
Back to the drawing board.

I'll include a response to this in my video for Robvalue.

Sure you will.
You have no definitions for the concepts questioned, and IF you claim you do, it will simply be more evidence you know NOTHING about Biology and Neuro-science.
You said in one of your threads you "used to be" a *whatever*. YOU yourself refuted yourself with your own words.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
16-02-2017, 09:32 PM
(16-02-2017 02:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 09:22 AM)Naielis Wrote:  I'll include a response to this in my video for Robvalue.

Sure you will.
You have no definitions for the concepts questioned, and IF you claim you do, it will simply be more evidence you know NOTHING about Biology and Neuro-science.
You said in one of your threads you "used to be" a *whatever*. YOU yourself refuted yourself with your own words.

Well I'm in a biology class so I know a bit about biology. But my knowledge on neuro-science is limited. Perhaps you could explain how inherent properties of the mind are contradictory to modern neuro-science.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
16-02-2017, 09:56 PM
At work.

Consider

Um..... Naielis? Have you worded that correctly?
16-02-2017, 10:24 PM
(16-02-2017 09:32 PM)Naielis Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 02:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sure you will.

Well I'm in a biology class so I know a bit about biology. But my knowledge on neuro-science is limited. Perhaps you could explain how inherent properties of the mind are contradictory to modern neuro-science.

What are you even talking about ?
So far it's *not even* contradictory.
What "inherent properties" are you claiming ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-02-2017, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2017 12:41 AM by Alla.)
Stevil Wrote:How does the answer come to you?
- Do you hear voice?
- You get a sign in the physical world?
- You just all of a sudden know the answer?
- Or something else?

Sure, I will give you an answer. But first I want to ask you these two questions:

1)Do you know that according to the scriptures(including the Bible) God said this: Matthew 18: 16: ...in the mouth of TWO or THREE WITNESES every WORD may be established ?

2)Do you know why God said this? Meaning why does He always talk(according to the scriptures) about 2 or 3 witnesses?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
17-02-2017, 01:54 AM
(17-02-2017 12:35 AM)Alla Wrote:  
- Do you hear voice?
- Or something else?

Sure, I will give you an answer. But first I want to ask you these two questions:

1)Do you know that according to the scriptures(including the Bible) God said this: Matthew 18: 16: ...in the mouth of TWO or THREE WITNESES every WORD may be established ?

2)Do you know why God said this? Meaning why does He always talk(according to the scriptures) about 2 or 3 witnesses?

Because mormonism is a cult created by a deranged charlatan?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-02-2017, 02:37 AM
(17-02-2017 12:35 AM)Alla Wrote:  
- Do you hear voice?
- Or something else?

1. No, I don't read Christian or any other scriptures.
2. It was something written in Christian scriptures ascribed to the Christian god rather than something any god actually said. I don't know why the author decided to have his god character say this.

Scripture doesn't really interest me much. I am not that interested in what the god character in the scriptures said and I'm not actually interested in why.

I'm actually more interested in why people believe this stuff. In this instance I'm interested in why you believe your god answers your questions. Understanding how these answers manifest for you is of interest to me. How do you determine that these "answers"come from god, rather than your imagination, or just chance or even the devil or demons or other "supernatural" entities?

I'm strongly into the method of verification and evidence and as I understand it these god claims aren't verifiable so I am unsure how you can trust that the answers have come from god.
17-02-2017, 05:14 AM
(16-02-2017 10:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 09:32 PM)Naielis Wrote:  Well I'm in a biology class so I know a bit about biology. But my knowledge on neuro-science is limited. Perhaps you could explain how inherent properties of the mind are contradictory to modern neuro-science.

What are you even talking about ?
So far it's *not even* contradictory.
What "inherent properties" are you claiming ?

You said that my claim about inherent properties of the mind shows I know nothing about neuro-science. So can you explain how modern neuro-science contradicts my statement about inherent properties of the mind?

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
17-02-2017, 05:21 AM
(16-02-2017 09:56 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Consider

Um..... Naielis? Have you worded that correctly?

Which comment? I'm fairly certain I've worded all my comments correctly.