Theistic Evolution Questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2017, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2017 08:23 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Theistic Evolution Questions
(17-02-2017 05:14 AM)Naielis Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 10:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What are you even talking about ?
So far it's *not even* contradictory.
What "inherent properties" are you claiming ?

You said that my claim about inherent properties of the mind shows I know nothing about neuro-science. So can you explain how modern neuro-science contradicts my statement about inherent properties of the mind?

You can't even tell us what "inherent properties" you're talking about, and you can't even define the word "mind".

You know nothing about human brains, how they work and HOW THEY LEARN, why you think you know what you think you know, what "thinking" is, and when damaged or ill, or malfunctioning, why brains they don't work.

You're in WAY over your head.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2017, 09:03 AM
(17-02-2017 07:45 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You can't even tell us what "inherent properties" you're talking about, and you can't even define the word "mind".

You know nothing about human brains, how they work and HOW THEY LEARN, why you think you know what you think you know, what "thinking" is, and when damaged or ill, or malfunctioning, why brains they don't work.

I'll respond to this in a video.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
17-02-2017, 09:07 AM
(17-02-2017 09:03 AM)Naielis Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 07:45 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You can't even tell us what "inherent properties" you're talking about, and you can't even define the word "mind".

I'll respond to this in a video.

Why not interpretive dance while you're at it? Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
17-02-2017, 09:11 AM
(17-02-2017 01:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 12:35 AM)Alla Wrote:  Sure, I will give you an answer. But first I want to ask you these two questions:

1)Do you know that according to the scriptures(including the Bible) God said this: Matthew 18: 16: ...in the mouth of TWO or THREE WITNESES every WORD may be established ?

2)Do you know why God said this? Meaning why does He always talk(according to the scriptures) about 2 or 3 witnesses?

Because mormonism is a cult created by a deranged charlatan?

wrong Big Grin

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
17-02-2017, 09:16 AM
(17-02-2017 09:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 09:03 AM)Naielis Wrote:  I'll respond to this in a video.

Why not interpretive dance while you're at it? Dodgy

I would but I'd have trouble showing that in the video without a camera.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
17-02-2017, 10:04 AM
Stevil Wrote:Scripture doesn't really interest me much. I am not that interested in what the god character in the scriptures said and I'm not actually interested in why.

I'm actually more interested in why people believe this stuff. In this instance I'm interested in why you believe your god answers your questions. Understanding how these answers manifest for you is of interest to me. How do you determine that these "answers"come from god, rather than your imagination, or just chance or even the devil or demons or other "supernatural" entities?

I'm strongly into the method of verification and evidence and as I understand it these god claims aren't verifiable so I am unsure how you can trust that the answers have come from god.

Thank you for answering my questions. Now I will answer yours.

So, I ask God my questions about Him and His doctrine or about what choice would be right or the best(in case I have no idea) BECAUSE I really want or need to have answers. I also have strong faith I will receive them.
How do I receive answers and how do I know they come from God?
Answer:
First, tiny info: There are 3 members of Godhead. One of them is God the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit. His mission is to testify about the truth(facts) because He is WITNESS of facts.

It happens in different ways.
I receive answers in a form of thoughts. When I have an answer as a thought in my head I say to myself: I feel good about this answer, but I am not convinced yet that it is an answer from God. I am not convinced it is the truth(fact). It could be my wishful thinking/ my idea.

So, God know it better. He solved the problem very easily how to convince me and all His children. He provides one or two more witnesses.
After I receive my answer in a form of thought sometime later I get the same information from some kind of source(book, person). So, I have THE SAME answer to my question from SECOND WITNESS. I am convinced a little bit more now but still may be not too convinced. Sometime later I get the same answer from the THIRD source(WITNESS).
Now I am very, very convinced.
Does it come from God? I don't know. But I am very, very convinced that the answer was from Him and true.

Sometimes I receive an answer in a form of thought + I feel like some kind of something(power?, energy?) fills my whole soul and I am extremely convinced. I don't even need any other witness. But I still sometime later have another WITNESS, another source with the same information.

Sometimes I ask God and no answer in a form of thoughts. But later somebody starts to talk to me or to someone else about something I just recently asked God. I receive my answer.
For example: Temple of God (LDS Temple) is the house of learning. There are lots of symbols that are not understood by me. But I was very interested in understanding of one particular symbol.
I asked God many, many, many times. No thoughts, no idea. I asked some people from my ward for a long time. Nobody had an answer. But I believed that if I am persistent I will find out.
One day Relief Society president of our ward said that we will have our next RS activity in the Temple and Temple president has some special session for us. I couldn't go and I told my friend that I will not go (she supposed to take me with her). But as soon as I told her that I won't go I had this strong feeling that I have to go. I told her: "You know what, come to pick me up, I am going".
So, when session started and Temple president came He said that he had no idea about this session and that he is not sure what we are going to talk about. But of course there are plenty of things to talk about. So, he started to talk about some ordinances and suddenly I hear this: 'Sisters, do you know why you do (I can't tell you what)? Do you know what it means(symbolize)?
That was MY exact question?!! And I received an answer. I know what it symbolizes. I am glad I followed that strong impression.
Did God answer my question? I don't care what people say but I am very, very convinced that He did. Temple president had no idea we will come and have this little session. He asked MY EXACT question and answered it.
Coincidence? Please, convince me it is not.

17-02-2017, 10:30 AM
The Bible testifies: Matthew 18: 16: ...in the mouth of TWO or THREE WITNESES every WORD may be established

Hmmm...I believe it. It happens.

17-02-2017, 10:37 AM
(17-02-2017 10:30 AM)Alla Wrote:  The Bible testifies: Matthew 18: 16: ...in the mouth of TWO or THREE WITNESES every WORD may be established

Hmmm...I believe it. It happens.

The Bible "testifies" to all kinds of shit.
Matthew also says HUNDREDS of people woke up from their graves on Easter.
You can't possibly be serious.

Bibles don't testify. All kinds of religious books have all kinds of crap written in them. None of your holy books have any authority.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-02-2017, 10:47 AM
(17-02-2017 09:11 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 01:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  Because mormonism is a cult created by a deranged charlatan?

wrong Big Grin

Totally right. Smith was a philandering idiot who wanted to fuck his wife's friends ... and did.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-02-2017, 10:52 AM
Bucky Ball Wrote:The Bible "testifies" to all kinds of shit.
Matthew also says HUNDREDS of people woke up from their graves on Easter.
OK. What does it mean: "people woke up from their graves"? how does it happen exactly according to the Bible?
Bucky Ball Wrote:Bibles don't testify
Ok, they claim things
Bucky Ball Wrote:None of your holy books have any authority.
Correct. Bibles are things. Things can not have any authority.
But Bibles have claims. Are those true claims or false claims?

THIS IS THE QUESTION!!