Theistic Evolution Questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2017, 07:49 PM
RE: Theistic Evolution Questions
(19-02-2017 07:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  
TheInquisition Wrote:According to the doctrine, Adam was once a mortal man who became resurrected and exalted. From another planet, he then came as Michael to form Earth.

Adam brought Eve, one of his wives, with him to Earth, where they became mortal by eating the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden. After bearing mortal children and establishing the human race, Adam and Eve returned to their heavenly thrones where Adam serves as God and is the Heavenly Father of humankind.

Later, Adam returned to the Earth to the ancient prophets, and to become the literal father of Jesus.

What is your question? questions?

You are just too stupid to even have a conversation with.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
19-02-2017, 07:57 PM
(19-02-2017 07:49 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(19-02-2017 07:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  What is your question? questions?

You are just too stupid to even have a conversation with.

ok

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
19-02-2017, 08:02 PM
(19-02-2017 07:57 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(19-02-2017 07:49 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  You are just too stupid to even have a conversation with.

ok
I have questions for you, given the above.
Do you believe humans came from another planet?
Did all the plants and other animals come from another planet?

If so, how come we share many proteins and DNA code with other Earth based life forms? We seem to fit in, real close as mammals and primates and apes alongside the Chimpanzees and Bonobos? Is it just some eerie coincidence or are we genetically related?
19-02-2017, 08:23 PM
Stevil Wrote:Do you believe humans came from another planet?
No, I don't believe this.

Stavil Wrote:Did all the plants and other animals come from another planet?

19-02-2017, 08:39 PM
(19-02-2017 08:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Stevil Wrote:Do you believe humans came from another planet?

Stavil Wrote:Did all the plants and other animals come from another planet?
OK, so I take it that you also think that Adam God doctrine thing is unbelievable. Seems quite out there to me.
19-02-2017, 08:56 PM
(19-02-2017 08:39 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(19-02-2017 08:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  No, I don't believe this.

OK, so I take it that you also think that Adam God doctrine thing is unbelievable. Seems quite out there to me.

I didn't study Adam God doctrine. I read some of it.
Do you understand it?
Did B.Young teach that men, animals, plants come from another planet?

19-02-2017, 09:40 PM
(19-02-2017 08:56 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(19-02-2017 08:39 PM)Stevil Wrote:  OK, so I take it that you also think that Adam God doctrine thing is unbelievable. Seems quite out there to me.

I didn't study Adam God doctrine. I read some of it.
Do you understand it?
Did B.Young teach that men, animals, plants come from another planet?

You don't even know about this religious cult that you've bought into. Brigham Young came up with the Adam God doctrine by "listening to the voice of the Holy Spirit" and it was roundly rejected by the church of the LDS.

In short, his "inner voice of god" led to a monumental fuck-up, this is the currency that YOU trade in with your idiotic assertions of hearing god's alleged voice. Every time you say this it's a flat-out lie, Brigham Young couldn't discern this alleged "voice of god" and you sure as hell can't either, the entire episode was an embarrassment for the LDS church as they moved to quash the Adam God doctrine.

The Adam God doctrine is a clear illustration of just how prone to error these so-called apostles in the church of LDS were and their supposed "voice of god", they simply made shit up and then the church of LDS tried to sweep their mistakes under the rug.

It's a religion infected with liars and charlatans, this is the essential character of Joseph Smith and when the pressure became too great, they even lowered themselves to murder under the guise of "holy spirit" leadership.

Mormonism and Violence

In a letter dated May 11, 1966, Apostle LeGrand Richards wrote: "Your third question: 'Is the Adam God Doctrine, as taught in the Journal of Discourses, true?' Answer: No." Some of the Mormon leaders now claim that Brigham Young was misquoted. This claim is completely untrue. Rodney Turner, who now teaches religion at Brigham Young University, feels that it is impossible to maintain such a position:

Was Brigham Young Misquoted? It is the writer's opinion that the answer to this question is a categorical no. There is not the slightest evidence from Brigham Young, or any other source, that either his original remarks on April 9, 1852, or any of his subsequent statements were ever misquoted in the official publications of the Church....

In the light of Brigham Young's attitude toward the errors of others, and in view of the division created by his remarks concerning Adam, it would be stretching one's credulity to the breaking point to believe that he would have remained silent had he been misquoted.... The complete absence of any real evidence to the contrary obliges the writer to conclude that Brigham Young has not been misquoted in the official publications of the Church ("The Position of Adam in Latter-day Saint Scripture and Theology," M.A. thesis, BYU, pp. 45-47).

On page 58 of the same thesis, Rodney Turner declares: "A careful, detached study of his available statements, as found in the official publications of the Church, will admit of no other conclusion than that the identification of Adam with God the Father by President Brigham Young is an irrefutable fact."

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
19-02-2017, 10:13 PM
TheInquisition Wrote:You don't even know about this religious cult that you've bought into.
I don't know everything prophets of God said or wrote because it is not possible. Nobody can know everything.
But I know all I have to know concerning salvation.
I didn't study this doctrine. Young himself said "never mind, it is not that important for us to understand". There are many things God revealed and He wants me to know. Until I am done learning important stuff I won't spend my time on this doctrine. It is a matter of priorities.
P.S. You don't understand what B.Y. taught.

19-02-2017, 10:40 PM
(19-02-2017 10:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  
TheInquisition Wrote:You don't even know about this religious cult that you've bought into.
I don't know everything prophets of God said or wrote because it is not possible. Nobody can know everything.
But I know all I have to know concerning salvation.
I didn't study this doctrine. Young himself said "never mind, it is not that important for us to understand". There are many things God revealed and He wants me to know. Until I am done learning important stuff I won't spend my time on this doctrine. It is a matter of priorities.
P.S. You don't understand what B.Y. taught.

You have to understand that this is someone who thinks Jesus is Yahweh. Facepalm
First she says she didn't study B. Young, but yet she can indeed tell you you don't understand him. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
19-02-2017, 10:45 PM
Brigham Young said this about Adam - God doctrine:

[The] subject ... does not immediately concern yours or my welfare ... I do not pretend to say that the items of doctrine and ideas I shall advance are necessary for the people to know (October 8, 1854, Historical Department of the Church [HDC]).

... it is one that should not trouble us at all ... I do not tell it because that I wish it to be established in the minds of others (April 25, 1855, HDC).

Whether Adam is the personage that we should consider our heavenly Father, or not, is considerable of a mystery to a good many. I do not care of one moment how that is; it is no matter whether we are to consider Him our God, or whether His Father, or His Grandfather, for in either case we are of one species (JD 4:217; see also JD 4:271; 7:238; 7:285; 11:43, 268).

Brigham Young taught this ( April 17, 1870 sermon):

The world may in vain ask the question: "Who are we?" But the Gospel tells us that we are the sons and daughters of that God who we serve. Some say, "We are the children of Adam and Eve." So we are, and they are the children of our Heavenly Father. We are all the children of Adam and Eve, and they and we are the offspring of Him who dwells in the heavens, the highest Intelligence that dwells anywhere that we have any knowledge of (JD 13:311. See also JD 1:238; 10:231; 13:309).