Theistic Evolution Questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2017, 10:51 PM
RE: Theistic Evolution Questions
Bucky Ball Wrote:You have to understand that this is someone who thinks Jesus is Yahweh.
Unlike you Pharisees understood Jesus's claim correctly that is why they wanted to kill Him when He said: "before Abraham was I AM"
I AM is God Yahweh. So, Jesus = Yahweh.

Bucky Ball Wrote:First she says she didn't study B. Young, but yet she can indeed tell you you don't understand him
Because I believe Brigham Young's statement: "it is considerable of a mystery to a good many" I think it would include TheInquistion.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2017, 11:13 PM
I know about Brigham Young!

Quote:Not so fast Mormons! You shall not pass my mountain!
(Down from the mountain look who comes!
The American warlord, Brigham Young!
YES! I am Brigham Young!
I cut off my daughters clitoris.
That made god angry so he turned my nose into a clit for punishment!

(Brigham Young, his nose was a clitoris.
What will you do Joseph? Will you fight the clitoris man?)

Not fight him, help him! (oooohhhhhhhh)

Joseph Smith took his magical fuck frog and rubbed it upon Brigham Young's clit-face,
And behold, Brigham was cured!

Joseph Smith! Magical AIDS frog!
Brigham Young! Frog on his clit-face!

Brigham Young was so grateful,
He decided to join the Mormons and their journey.
-- Lyrics from The Book of Mormon (musical)

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-02-2017, 05:37 AM
(19-02-2017 10:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  
TheInquisition Wrote:You don't even know about this religious cult that you've bought into.
I don't know everything prophets of God said or wrote because it is not possible. Nobody can know everything.
But I know all I have to know concerning salvation.
I didn't study this doctrine. Young himself said "never mind, it is not that important for us to understand". There are many things God revealed and He wants me to know. Until I am done learning important stuff I won't spend my time on this doctrine. It is a matter of priorities.
P.S. You don't understand what B.Y. taught.

I guess you're praying to Adam then? Facepalm

Just as BuckyBall said, you admit you don't know shit, then you pretend to know more than anyone else.

You have these dialogues in your head and think that you are actually gaining knowledge from your imaginary friend.

All you are doing is indulging in a toddler's fantasy of having an imaginary friend and then patting yourself on the back for having mental tea parties with your imaginary friend.

Brigham Young's insane ramblings are irrelevant, it just illustrates that even your most revered leaders could be wrong. To pretend that you have any kind of god-derived sanction on your insane beliefs is offensive, arrogant and wrong.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
20-02-2017, 09:43 AM
morongdog Wrote:Lyrics from The Book of Mormon (musical)
I wonder who likes to watch and listen this kind of garbage.
What a waste of talent, time and space

P.S. "when they go low we go high", - Michelle Obama Thumbsup

20-02-2017, 10:00 AM
(19-02-2017 06:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Robvalue Wrote:The fact that you can predict what God is going to tell you is quite interesting.
It is much easier to predict things when you have good amount of knowledge and experience. Don't you agree with this?
If you touch hot iron and burn your fingers you probably will predict very accurately what will happen to your fingers if you do it again. Agree?
I have enough knowledge about God and principles of the Gospel to predict this answer.

Robvalue Wrote:I'm making them your business. I give him permission to tell you any thoughts of mine he wants to.
Why, thank you. You are very kind. But it doesn't matter. Let me tell you something:

1)God will not move a finger when He knows you can REVEAL this big mystery to me.
2)Trust me you don't want me to know any thoughts of yours. You are going to be the most miserable person on the planet Earth if any person could get access to your head. God whom I worship would never be so cruel to you. BTW, I am not sure I want to know any thought of yours.
3)If I ask God what number you have in your head I will do it without real intent and sincere heart. Why? Because I really don't care what number you thinking about.
4)God does not reveal things if:
a)they are NOT important for salvation
b)if there is a way to find out answers without Him. You can reveal it to me. Al I have to do is to ask you. And if you don't tell me I think I can survive.
5)I did NOT EARN this kind of privilege yet. Privilege to know other people thoughts unless they reveal their thoughts to me.

I'm sure you do believe all that. But I hope you can appreciate that, from my perspective, this just looks like a list of convenient excuses.

The same thing has happened every time I've made this challenge, it's just the reasons why God can't/won't do it are differerent.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
20-02-2017, 10:26 AM
TheInquisition Wrote:Just as BuckyBall said, you admit you don't know shit,
I just want to clear up something. This is your claim not mine
TheInquisition Wrote:then you pretend to know more than anyone else.
Is this what you believe?
TheInquisition Wrote:it just illustrates that even your most revered leaders could be wrong
AMEN
Of course they can be wrong. I would be very naïve and unreasonable if I didn't believe that.

Brigham Young said this: "... it is not the place for any person to correct any person who is superior to them but TO ASK the FATHER in the name of Jesus to bind him up from speaking false principles. I have KNOWN MANY TIMES I have preached WRONG but I asked the Father in the name of Jesus to take it RFOM the minds of the people and I believe he always did drop the veil over it. Let your faith be for that man but do not oppose and get up a division between them"

Brigham Young also said/wrote this about the Bible:
" I have heard some make the broad assertion that every word within the lids of the Bible was the word of God ... I believe that the Bible contains the word of God, and the words of good angels and the words of bad angels and the words of the devil; and also the words uttered by the ass when he rebuked the prophet in his madness. I believe the words of the Bible are just what they are (JD 13:175,235)."

Prophets are not infallible and their knowledge is and was and will be fragmentary and incomplete.

Paul said this: ""which is perfect(without errors)" would come in the future. For the present, he claimed that he only "knew in part and prophesied in part."

What is called the Adam God doctrine may properly be classed among the mysteries. The full truth concerning it has not been revealed to us; and until it is revealed all wild speculations, sweeping assertions and dogmatic declarations relative thereto, are out of place and improper

last quote:
"We must not regard the SCRIPTURE as an absolutely perfect book in which God is Himself the author using human hands and brains... God used men, not machines - men with like weakness and prejudice and passion as ourselves ... in the Bible we do not expect the actors to be real and natural. Because of our false theory of Verbal Inspiration we are puzzled when the divine is mingled with the human. We must learn that the divine is mingled with the human ... It is a mine of precious ore where the gold is mingled with the rock and clay - the ore is richer in one part than another, but all parts in some degree are glittering with gold"

Conclusion:

1)You do NOT understand this doctrine.
2)Yes, prophets can be wrong. They are mortal men. No reasonable person would expect something opposite.
3)This particular doctrine was never part of canon or official doctrine. B.Y. did NOT insist it should be.
4)This why it is important to ask God if words, statements or claims are true. To separate the word of God from word of men or Devil.
5)This doctrine is the mystery. It means it is not time for me to understand it.

But if you understand this doctrine I don't mind if you share it with me.
Nut most likely you will not waste your time.

20-02-2017, 10:34 AM
(19-02-2017 10:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  He said: "before Abraham was I AM"

As are we all. Well at least I AM.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-02-2017, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2017 10:40 AM by Alla.)
Robvalue Wrote:I'm sure you do believe all that. But I hope you can appreciate that, from my perspective, this just looks like a list of convenient excuses.
Yes, I appreciate that. I agree that it does look like convenient excuse.

Robvalue Wrote:The same thing has happened every time I've made this challenge, it's just the reasons why God can't/won't do it are differerent.
You see, I don't need this challenge. I am convinced already.
This challenge is something that YOU WISH. So, why don't YOU ask God to reveal your thoughts to me and see what He has to tell you about it.

I also want to add. Faith can do many things including moving the mountain. But there are some things that faith can NOT do:

1) my faith can NOT take away from YOU your agency(moral agency). God will not change YOU if I ask Him to do this. Does it make sense?
2) my faith can NOT force MY will UPON God. Does it make sense?

20-02-2017, 10:37 AM
(20-02-2017 10:34 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-02-2017 10:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  He said: "before Abraham was I AM"

As are we all. Well at least I AM.

Smile yes, of course. But can you say this: "Before my great, great, great, great grnadpa was I AM"? Smile

20-02-2017, 10:44 AM
(20-02-2017 10:37 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 10:34 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  As are we all. Well at least I AM.

Smile yes, of course. But can you say this: "Before my great, great, great, great grnadpa was I AM"? Smile

I can. “Show me your Original Face, the face you had before your parents were born.”

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus