Theistic Evolution Questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2017, 10:56 AM
RE: Theistic Evolution Questions
(20-02-2017 10:44 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 10:37 AM)Alla Wrote:  Smile yes, of course. But can you say this: "Before my great, great, great, great grnadpa was I AM"? Smile

I can. “Show me your Original Face, the face you had before your parents were born.”

I like this saying. Do you know the author?

But here on earth as a mortal man you can not say "before my ancestor was I AM". You can not even say "before my ancestor was I was"

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2017, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2017 11:34 AM by GirlyMan.)
(20-02-2017 10:56 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 10:44 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I can. “Show me your Original Face, the face you had before your parents were born.”

I like this saying. Do you know the author?

But here on earth as a mortal man you can not say "before my ancestor was I AM". You can not even say "before my ancestor was I was"

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I AM is The Word. Existence precedes essence. To be is to be God. To entail God. God is the word we give to that process of the universe looking at itself. The process of being. So saith The Word - I AM.

#sigh
20-02-2017, 11:45 AM
GirlyMan Wrote:In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
This is NOT exactly what John said. The Bible doesn't have John's exact words.

If you believe that you(as spirit child of God) are eternal then I say "amen" to that. You(as spirit) are eternal, you always existed and you always will exist.

But here on earth in mortal body only God Yahweh(Jesus Christ) could say "before Abraham was I AM". Why only Him? Because He is God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel).
He created this earth and heaven and He made covenants with them and He gave them laws.
You didn't do all this and I didn't do all this.

20-02-2017, 11:58 AM
(20-02-2017 11:45 AM)Alla Wrote:  But here on earth in mortal body only God Yahweh(Jesus Christ) could say "before Abraham was I AM". Why only Him? Because He is God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel).

I think you're missing the message. Jesus (and the Buddha and many many others) was demonstrating a technique for directly experiencing the kingdom of heaven in mortal form while you still have time. "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." is not a directive to believe in him, it is a directive to be like him, to follow his direction. "Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." is not a warning that the kingdom of heaven is imminent, it is a plea that the kingdom of heaven is immediate. Present. Here and now.

#sigh
20-02-2017, 12:16 PM
(20-02-2017 11:45 AM)Alla Wrote:  
GirlyMan Wrote:In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
This is NOT exactly what John said. The Bible doesn't have John's exact words.

If you believe that you(as spirit child of God) are eternal then I say "amen" to that. You(as spirit) are eternal, you always existed and you always will exist.

But here on earth in mortal body only God Yahweh(Jesus Christ) could say "before Abraham was I AM". Why only Him? Because He is God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel).
He created this earth and heaven and He made covenants with them and He gave them laws.
You didn't do all this and I didn't do all this.

How do you know spirits are eternal?

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
20-02-2017, 12:42 PM
According to LDS doctrine (which I believe is from God) spirits are eternal.

20-02-2017, 12:45 PM
(20-02-2017 12:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  According to LDS doctrine (which I believe is from God) spirits are eternal.

And why would you subscribe to such obvious fraud? Why willingly believe the absurd?

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
[+] 1 user Likes Naielis's post
20-02-2017, 12:50 PM
(20-02-2017 11:58 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 11:45 AM)Alla Wrote:  But here on earth in mortal body only God Yahweh(Jesus Christ) could say "before Abraham was I AM". Why only Him? Because He is God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel).

I think you're missing the message. Jesus (and the Buddha and many many others) was demonstrating a technique for directly experiencing the kingdom of heaven in mortal form while you still have time. "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." is not a directive to believe in him, it is a directive to be like him, to follow his direction. "Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." is not a warning that the kingdom of heaven is imminent, it is a plea that the kingdom of heaven is immediate. Present. Here and now.
I agree it is directive to be like Him. BUT, there is big fat BUTBig Grin, if you don't BELIEVE in Him you will NOT believe what He teaches. You will NOT be like Him. You will NOT be exalted Cod.
BTW, like Jesus you already experienced kingdom of heaven. You came from there. You have a chance to return home like Jesus did.

20-02-2017, 12:52 PM
(20-02-2017 12:45 PM)Naielis Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 12:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  According to LDS doctrine (which I believe is from God) spirits are eternal.

And why would you subscribe to such obvious fraud? Why willingly believe the absurd?

I have my reasons to believe that LDS doctrine is the truth

20-02-2017, 12:57 PM
(20-02-2017 12:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  You will NOT be exalted Cod.

[Image: cod_zps51yakvux.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post