Theistic Evolution Questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2017, 01:07 PM
RE: Theistic Evolution Questions
(20-02-2017 12:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  ... if you don't BELIEVE in Him you will NOT believe what He teaches. You will NOT be like Him.

Why not? Ain't like he was teaching anything special. The Word long predates Jesus - Confucius, Laozi, Sanskrit, Tamil, Zarathustra, Seneca the younger, Hillel the elder, Thales, Sextus, Hammurabi, .... a bunch of others too many to count. Almost every ethical form has at its basis some variation of the Golden Rule. Nothing particularly special about Jesus that I can see.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-02-2017, 01:43 PM
(20-02-2017 12:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 12:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  You will NOT be exalted Cod.

[Image: cod_zps51yakvux.jpg]
GirlyMan you are the funniest person on this forum. I love you!! Heart
BTW, that person who is writing posts in Politics is me. I am not poe.
I am not only spiritual man(woman) I am also natural man(woman). Politics can get the worst of us sometimes. Heart

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
20-02-2017, 01:54 PM
GirlyMan Wrote:Why not? Ain't like he was teaching anything special. The Word long predates Jesus - Confucius, Laozi, Sanskrit, Tamil, Zarathustra, Seneca the younger, Hillel the elder, Thales, Sextus, Hammurabi, .... a bunch of others too many to count. Almost every ethical form has at its basis some variation of the Golden Rule. Nothing particularly special about Jesus that I can see.
They were teaching PARTS of Jesus's teaching not THE FULLNESS of it. Jesus's teaching is eternal. It has been taught in different worlds before this earth was even formed. It was taught to Adam and Abraham. The same truth.
Jesus(The Word) was with God and The Word was God.
If you don't follow the Golden Rule (Jesus's rule) you will never be exalted. You will never be like Him - exalted God.
Jesus was teaching what all those people taught and MUCH MUCH MORE. Without this MUCH MUCH MORE you can NOT be like Him - exalted God.

20-02-2017, 01:58 PM
(20-02-2017 01:54 PM)Alla Wrote:  It has been taught in different worlds before this earth was even formed.

[Image: study_scimeth2_240x180.png]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
20-02-2017, 02:08 PM
(20-02-2017 01:58 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 01:54 PM)Alla Wrote:  It has been taught in different worlds before this earth was even formed.

[Image: study_scimeth2_240x180.png]

Only if I want you to accept my statement as the truth.

20-02-2017, 02:17 PM
(20-02-2017 01:54 PM)Alla Wrote:  
GirlyMan Wrote:Nothing particularly special about Jesus that I can see.
Jesus was teaching what all those people taught and MUCH MUCH MORE.

Can you elaborate?

#sigh
20-02-2017, 02:35 PM
(20-02-2017 02:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 01:54 PM)Alla Wrote:  Jesus was teaching what all those people taught and MUCH MUCH MORE.

Can you elaborate?

For example,
the third principle of the Gospel: unless a man/a woman is born of the water and of the spirit he/she can not enter kingdom of God.
Wow, can NOT enter kingdom of God?!
If you don't believe in Christ you don't believe in these words. If you don't believe in these words you can not enter kingdom of God which means you can not BECOME like Christ - exalted God.

20-02-2017, 02:49 PM
(20-02-2017 02:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 02:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Can you elaborate?

For example,
the third principle of the Gospel: unless a man/a woman is born of the water and of the spirit he/she can not enter kingdom of God.
Wow, can NOT enter kingdom of God?!
If you don't believe in Christ you don't believe in these words. If you don't believe in these words you can not enter kingdom of God which means you can not BECOME like Christ - exalted God.

"I assure you: Unless someone is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." By my read that just means clean your soul. Dirty souls are like mud on the lens of a flashlight concealing heaven. Nothing particularly novel about that. #3 of the 4 noble truths - Nirodha.

#sigh
20-02-2017, 03:12 PM
(20-02-2017 02:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  If you don't believe in Christ you don't believe in these words. If you don't believe in these words you can not enter kingdom of God which means you can not BECOME like Christ - exalted God.

Don't see why not. Oh and God don't want to be exalted or revered, quite the opposite. It wants to be commonplace and mundane. Anyone wanting to be exalted or revered is immediately disqualified.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-02-2017, 08:43 PM
(20-02-2017 10:34 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Robvalue Wrote:I'm sure you do believe all that. But I hope you can appreciate that, from my perspective, this just looks like a list of convenient excuses.
Yes, I appreciate that. I agree that it does look like convenient excuse.

Robvalue Wrote:The same thing has happened every time I've made this challenge, it's just the reasons why God can't/won't do it are differerent.
You see, I don't need this challenge. I am convinced already.
This challenge is something that YOU WISH. So, why don't YOU ask God to reveal your thoughts to me and see what He has to tell you about it.

I also want to add. Faith can do many things including moving the mountain. But there are some things that faith can NOT do:

1) my faith can NOT take away from YOU your agency(moral agency). God will not change YOU if I ask Him to do this. Does it make sense?
2) my faith can NOT force MY will UPON God. Does it make sense?

I assume you are talking metaphorically. Otherwise, I don't see how faith (belief without evidence) can move anything, let alone a mountain.

I'm not asking you to force your will upon God. I'm just asking you to ask him a question. My point is that (in my opinion) if you ask him something you don't already know, he won't be able to tell you.

I asked God to tell you my number. He seems fine with it, he will tell you today. It's hardly anything personal. I know you're convinced, but this would be a way of convincing me that you're talking to someone other than yourself. It would seem to be a lot less effort to type 4 digits than to write pages of reasons why you can't/won't write 4 digits.

But if you don't want to, that is fine.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post