Theistic Evolution Questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2017, 10:46 AM
RE: Theistic Evolution Questions
Robvalue Wrote:I don't care about a creator because it makes no practical difference. If it wanted to communicate with me sensibly, I'd be more than happy to. But since it doesn't seem interested, that is that. I've no interest in worshiping anything, or joining any religions. I think for myself about everything.

This is very good reason not to care and very understandable.

Robvalue Wrote:What, if you got it right? I'd be surprised. I'd want to repeat the test. If it continued to show correct results, I'd try to investigate how it could possibly be happening. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about how exactly you were receiving the information from me. But it would be good evidence that you're not merely talking to yourself.
Of course.
Then who would you think I was talking to?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2017, 10:48 AM
Who, or what, I'd have no idea. That would be what I'd be interested in finding out, if I could.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-02-2017, 10:55 AM
I have another question.
Have you ever asked yourself a question: if God exists why doesn't HE/SHE/ IT communicate with me?

Oh, and more:
1)Let's assume God never communicated with you in this life. Let's say on Judgment Day you stand before HIM/HER/IT. What would you wanted to tell HIM/HER/IT? May be any questions?
2)How do you think God would judge you?
3)Have you ever tried to imagine what heaven is like?

I ask out of curiosity. I can not know your thoughts so may be you can share them with me.

21-02-2017, 11:00 AM
(21-02-2017 10:48 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Who, or what, I'd have no idea. That would be what I'd be interested in finding out, if I could.

Why would you wanted to know? Why is this matter? What difference it would make in your life?

21-02-2017, 11:03 AM
what difference would it make in you life? ( I wrote incorrectly "what difference it would" instead of "would it")/ Oh English language.

21-02-2017, 11:14 AM
(21-02-2017 10:55 AM)Alla Wrote:  I have another question.
Have you ever asked yourself a question: if God exists why doesn't HE/SHE/ IT communicate with me?

Oh, and more:
1)Let's assume God never communicated with you in this life. Let's say on Judgment Day you stand before HIM/HER/IT. What would you wanted to tell HIM/HER/IT? May be any questions?

I ask out of curiosity. I can not know your thoughts so may be you can share them with me.

Probably because it's unaware I exist. Or if it is aware, it probably has no reason to. This reality is huge. Whatever purpose there may be to all this, my part in it is negligible.

1) Judgement day? This is assuming rather a lot. I'm just talking about an intelligent creator. But if I somehow met it, I'd ask it why it made all of this. I'd ask it what is own reality is like.

2) I doubt it would have any interest in judging me. But if it did, and the criteria was about treating others well, it would hopefully see I've tried to be a good person and done my best.

3) I imagine what my own personal paradise would be like all the time. I don't find the concept of a mythical heaven very interesting, so I haven't thought about that much. From what I hear, it sounds awful.

I'd want to know how you were getting the information because it would be interesting and seemingly unprecedented. It could lead to some sort of breakthrough in understanding.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
21-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Robvalue Wrote:Probably because it's unaware I exist. Or if it is aware, it probably has no reason to. This reality is huge. Whatever purpose there may be to all this, my part in it is negligible.
OK, good reasons. I want to ask you another question. Let's pretend you are God(He) and you have a son who lives far far away from you. Let's assume you love Him. But your son doesn't even know you exist. Can you come up with any reason/s why would You(God) do this?

I hope you are good at making up stories.

Robvalue Wrote:But if I somehow met it, I'd ask it why it made all of this. I'd ask it what is own reality is like.
If you were God(male) do you think you would wanted to created all of this? if yes, why?
I didn't get your question: "what is own reality like"? what do you mean? are you talking about god's reality?
Robvalue Wrote:But if it did, and the criteria was about treating others well, it would hopefully see I've tried to be a good person and done my best.
Wow, what a beautiful answer!
Robvalue Wrote:3) I imagine what my own personal paradise would be like all the time. I don't find the concept of a mythical heaven very interesting, so I haven't thought about that much. From what I hear, it sounds awful.
So, what would heaven be for you? do you mind to share? You let me to know all your thoughts. So, I may ask whatever I want. (jk, jk, jk)

Robvalue Wrote:I'd want to know how you were getting the information because it would be interesting and seemingly unprecedented. It could lead to some sort of breakthrough in understanding.
information about God? if yes, then it is from different sources. I can get it even from you. For example, when you say that there is no such thing as god who is outside of time and space.
If I heard it for the very first time from you then you would be the first source of this TRUE information/statement
Or when you say that "it(god) would hopefully see I've tried to be a good person and done my best"

21-02-2017, 12:01 PM
Thanks for your kind feedback Smile

-Why would I do what? Why would I create a son and then place him nowhere near me? Or why would I not communicate with him?

-Yeah, whatever reality God lives in. I'm just using God to mean "intelligent creator". I'm attaching none of the religious baggage. If it's a computer programmer for example, I'd be interested what it's like outside this simulation.

-Heaven for me is a place where everyone can do whatever they want all the time, without anyone ever being hurt by what anyone else does. Everyone can engineer their own experiences, however they went them to be, for as long as they want to. I'd spend time enjoying the company of others some of the time, and be off in my own created fantasy lands the rest of the time. There is no pain, sadness, or anything negative. There is only joy, which never gets boring. Being able to wipe one's memory of all experiences since being in "heaven" is a nifty feature, so that all the joy can be experienced anew.

-I meant I'd want to know how you were getting the information about what numbers I was thinking of. It would seem to defy all current understanding. How exactly the investigation could proceed, I'm not too sure yet.

21-02-2017, 01:10 PM

Oh, and more:

No

1. Judgment Day is an ancient mythological concept for children. We follow our consciences NOW, to the best of our ability. Your question presumes a belief in a god would make us act differently. It would not. We live our best lives now. Nothing would change if your undefined entity (god) existed. Nothing.
2. I could care less. There is no coherent definition of the word "god". See #1
3. Heaven is a childish non-biblical invention of human culture, which unfortunately for you, you failed to jettison along with Santa and The Bunny. You are to be pitied.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-02-2017, 02:15 PM
(21-02-2017 01:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Oh, and more:

No

1. Judgment Day is an ancient mythological concept for children. We follow our consciences NOW, to the best of our ability. Your question presumes a belief in a god would make us act differently. It would not. We live our best lives now. Nothing would change if your undefined entity (god) existed. Nothing.
2. I could care less. There is no coherent definition of the word "god". See #1
3. Heaven is a childish non-biblical invention of human culture, which unfortunately for you, you failed to jettison along with Santa and The Bunny. You are to be pitied.

Have you ever considered being less aggressive. You come of as just really angry and mean-spirited.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam