Theistic Monarchy is the only viable option?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 09:07 PM
RE: Theistic Monarchy is the only viable option?
(21-05-2014 09:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  diddo, I think I asked you once before, but I forgot the answer.
How old are you, may I ask ?

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Going to mostly stay out of this one. I read some of the comments. Don't agree with most of his points. Kind of sad. Its people like this that the stereo types for vegans are based upon. Not sure why you would try and use scripture to support your argument. Lots of selection bias.

But it is a youtube comment. So about par for the course I suppose.
21-05-2014, 09:25 PM
(21-05-2014 09:19 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Kind of sad. Its people like this that the stereo types for vegans are based upon.

No, it's people like YOU who personify those "stereotypes" and act precisely as they portray you morons.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
21-05-2014, 09:25 PM
A theistic monarchy is something you find in back water 3rd world countries that are comprised of men marrying 9yr old girls and then imprisoning a woman for getting raped.

There are times I wish I had the power to wipe those kinds of people off the face of the earth.

If the god they believed in existed, they would be the first in hell.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
21-05-2014, 11:42 PM
It's not just a 3rd world idea. There are Christian "Dominionists" who want a "theocracy," though it likely won't be successful anywhere BUT in a 3rd world country.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 3 users Like Charis's post
21-05-2014, 11:49 PM
(21-05-2014 09:19 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Going to mostly stay out of this one.

Best way to do that is to not post an opinion.
22-05-2014, 12:11 AM
[Image: Christopher-Hitchens-Evidence.jpg]

Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-05-2014, 12:46 AM
(22-05-2014 12:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: Christopher-Hitchens-Evidence.jpg]

Drinking Beverage

I'm stealing this. Smile
22-05-2014, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2014 02:16 AM by Mathilda.)
(21-05-2014 05:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFw5TsAi1Mk

Second comment chain, by "Daniel Date". Debunk plz, this is disturbing.

Had a quick look.

Yes the global economic system is currently unsustainable. It always was but now we're quickly reaching our limits. I ran a discussion forum about this very subject for three years and looked at every aspect of it.

The answer lays in science, not in a theistic monarchy. With the former we have a chance at maintaining a quality of life with minimal die-off, or perhaps even no die-off at all if we use the remaining cheap energy resources available to us into adapting now rather than filling our landfill sites with cheap Chinese kettles.

Without a doubt, with the latter we'll have an even larger decline in global population as well as a massive drop in living standards for all. This is because the economy is reliant upon finite fossil fuels which also pollute. What Daniel Dates is suggesting is buying more time using an extreme authoritarian regime. That just kicks the can down the road and does not change the fact that the energy source is still finite. It will in fact make the problem worse because innovation will be stifled in such a system and ways of reducing dependency on fossil fuels will not be developed.

A useful rule of thumb is that all arguments about increasing efficiency fail with regard to this problem because of Jevon's paradox. If you develop a more efficient energy source then this means that you can do more for less money and ultimately end up using up more energy. So imagine you owned a company to haul stuff up on rockets into space. The current cost of doing this is tremendous because of the energy requirements to get out of Earth's gravity well. Say you developed a new propulsion system that massively reduced the cost of each flight. You save fuel for each flight. You reduce your prices and get more customers so end up making more flights than you would before. Ultimately more energy gets used in the long run.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
22-05-2014, 02:10 AM
(22-05-2014 12:46 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 12:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: Christopher-Hitchens-Evidence.jpg]

Drinking Beverage

I'm stealing this. Smile

It's a good one to remember. In shorthand it's often referred to as Hitchen's Razor. Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]