Theists, I want your best reasoning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2014, 07:02 PM
Theists, I want your best reasoning
I see a lot of Christians that come on here and make comment on the threads, I have yet to see one of them make a good point that didn't have an obvious rebuttal, and they are always attacking other views. I would like to hear the best argument that you can give for why YOU believe. You've obviously read through a lot of the same stuff the rest of us have, yet somehow still believe. Sell me with your best argument.

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes microterf's post
03-12-2014, 07:05 PM
RE: Theists, I want your best reasoning
The reason they often make asinine points that are easily and continually rebutted is because they've never actually questioned their beliefs objectively, or tried to see what arguments are actually out there. Don't expect anything too spectacular to come from this No

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
03-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Are there any theists left? The ban hammer is down to a nub these days.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2014, 07:34 PM
There are a few, but they seemed to have wandered off... Consider

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
03-12-2014, 08:21 PM
But I got a snack ready just in case.
[+] 4 users Like Clockwork's post
03-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Popcorn
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
03-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Maybe the Duck Die-Nasty guys could build you a theist call.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
03-12-2014, 08:59 PM
I've seen 4 or 5 that have been commenting in the last week. It really pisses me off because they have the same point refuted thoroughly like 6 times in the same thread and still use it. Instead of them trying to correct us based on their beliefs, I want to hear from them why they believe.

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
03-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Sorry to say, but the behavior you mentioned is just par for the course here, I'm afraid. But I hope you get a bite on your offer. Maybe you can even get one in the boxing ring with you. Best of luck!!

03-12-2014, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 08:01 AM by Full Circle.)
You are asking too much.

You have to start with something easier, like why is the sky blue or something similar just to get an idea where they stand on basics. We can explicitly tell them its an open book questionnaire.

1. Why is the sky blue?
2. What is a rainbow?
3. What causes earthquakes?
4. If you traveled East along the equator from Quito, Ecuador for 24,901 miles (40,075 km) where would you end up?
5. When you watch a magician make a rabbit disappear, do you think it is a sleight of hand or that the rabbit truly disappeared?
6. Have you played the game Chinese whispers?
7. Describe an optical illusion.
8. If Dick or Jane jumped off the roof would you jump too?
9. Do you follow your doctor’s advice?
10. Have you ever tortured a small animal?

I have reasons why I ask each of these questions and I think we could gather some rudimentary information from said theist.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 11 users Like Full Circle's post