Theists, I want your best reasoning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2014, 10:05 PM
RE: Theists, I want your best reasoning
(22-12-2014 09:48 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 05:08 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  No, you absolutely are a cunt so there is one thing I know right there. Now fuck off.

No response? I didn't think so... No, please do refute my position, it is incredibly depressing. If you can. Drinking Beverage

(22-12-2014 04:01 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  ^You do realise that argument is exactly as compelling (not very) when attacking any position right?

God exists: Is it possible that you could be wrong about everything you think you know?

I like strawberry icecream: Is it possible that you could be wrong about everything you think you know?

I am not a chocolate flavoured bowl of cereal: Is it possible that you could be wrong about everything you think you know?

Honestly bro: You'd be much more fun if you weren't such a sad sack.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2014, 10:08 PM
(22-12-2014 10:05 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 09:48 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  No response? I didn't think so... No, please do refute my position, it is incredibly depressing. If you can. Drinking Beverage

(22-12-2014 04:01 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  ^You do realise that argument is exactly as compelling (not very) when attacking any position right?

God exists: Is it possible that you could be wrong about everything you think you know?

I like strawberry icecream: Is it possible that you could be wrong about everything you think you know?

I am not a chocolate flavoured bowl of cereal: Is it possible that you could be wrong about everything you think you know?

Honestly bro: You'd be much more fun if you weren't such a sad sack.

I only care about truth.

Truth seeker.
22-12-2014, 10:15 PM
^Still not fun.

You seemed to have missed it BTW. Congratulations on your thousandth post.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
22-12-2014, 10:26 PM
(22-12-2014 10:08 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I only care about truth.

That's like saying an astronaut on cares about seeing the entire universe.

In theory, is sounds good, but it's literally impossible to do. You're subscribing to a premise that cannot be obtained... ever... under no circumstances. The possibilities of knowing "truth" is 0%.

Truth is absolute, unbreakable knowledge that's impossible for humans because we are not omniscient.

So, saying you only care about truth is based on a false premise; moreover, it removes God from the equation by cutting out a reliance on Him as well castigating His omniscient.

You should always seek truth because you come close to it, but saying that the only thing you care about is truth is spitting in the face of God and pissing on the gift of faith and the unknowable things that He knows that He could possibly reveal to you via faith.

Okay. The Derp is out.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
22-12-2014, 11:56 PM
(22-12-2014 09:48 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 05:08 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  No, you absolutely are a cunt so there is one thing I know right there. Now fuck off.

No response? I didn't think so... No, please do refute my position, it is incredibly depressing. If you can. Drinking Beverage

How many people here have done just that though diddo you lying douche? 12? 15? I lost count ages ago. You make a statement, people show you exactly why it's wrong, you follow up either by lying through your teeth or by actively ignoring their critique until enough time has gone by then you pop up and make the EXACT same statement and the game goes on.
That's why people just mock you kiddo, we are all wise to your game. You don't bring anything to the table worth while, so we keep sitting you at the kiddy table and hope you won't eat the crayons.

You are not interested in the truth at all, your actively resistant and hostile to the truth. You're a cunt, you are actively and purposely a cunt, because you know it gets a rise.

So no, it's not possible that everything I know could be wrong cause I know you are a cunt, and you are a cunt. It's a problem that's answered by the person asking the question. It's kinda convenient that way.

You dumb cunt.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
23-12-2014, 11:32 AM
(22-12-2014 10:26 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 10:08 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I only care about truth.

That's like saying an astronaut on cares about seeing the entire universe.

In theory, is sounds good, but it's literally impossible to do. You're subscribing to a premise that cannot be obtained... ever... under no circumstances. The possibilities of knowing "truth" is 0%.

Truth is absolute, unbreakable knowledge that's impossible for humans because we are not omniscient.

So, saying you only care about truth is based on a false premise; moreover, it removes God from the equation by cutting out a reliance on Him as well castigating His omniscient.

You should always seek truth because you come close to it, but saying that the only thing you care about is truth is spitting in the face of God and pissing on the gift of faith and the unknowable things that He knows that He could possibly reveal to you via faith.

Okay. The Derp is out.

Yes, I will "piss" in the "gift" of faith, because that is anti-justice. I deserve eternal punishment. Wanting to not be eternally punished would be immoral.

Truth seeker.
23-12-2014, 11:53 AM
(23-12-2014 11:32 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 10:26 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  That's like saying an astronaut on cares about seeing the entire universe.

Okay. The Derp is out.

Yes, I will "piss" in the "gift" of faith, because that is anti-justice. I deserve eternal punishment. Wanting to not be eternally punished would be immoral.

Bullshit. As a finite being with a finite lifespan, there is nothing you could have possibly done that would "deserve" eternal punishment. I suppose a cruel and sadistic god could inflict eternal punishment on whomever, but there is no way you could call this "justice". Infinite punishment for finite crimes is not justice.
23-12-2014, 01:48 PM
(23-12-2014 11:53 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 11:32 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Yes, I will "piss" in the "gift" of faith, because that is anti-justice. I deserve eternal punishment. Wanting to not be eternally punished would be immoral.

Bullshit. As a finite being with a finite lifespan, there is nothing you could have possibly done that would "deserve" eternal punishment. I suppose a cruel and sadistic god could inflict eternal punishment on whomever, but there is no way you could call this "justice". Infinite punishment for finite crimes is not justice.

According to whom? You. Why does your opinion on morality matter more than anyone else's?

Truth seeker.
23-12-2014, 02:32 PM
(23-12-2014 01:48 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 11:53 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Bullshit. As a finite being with a finite lifespan, there is nothing you could have possibly done that would "deserve" eternal punishment. I suppose a cruel and sadistic god could inflict eternal punishment on whomever, but there is no way you could call this "justice". Infinite punishment for finite crimes is not justice.

According to whom? You. Why does your opinion on morality matter more than anyone else's?

Why does yours? The idea that you "deserve infinite punishment" exists in your mind and nowhere else. It is no better and no more justified than my idea that you deserve no such thing. If God exists, neither of us has a clue about his/her/its opinion on this matter or anything else. When we talk about justice, we are necessarily talking about the human conception of justice. And there is no human conception of justice that prescribes infinite punishment for finite crimes.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
23-12-2014, 05:34 PM
(23-12-2014 02:32 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Why does yours? The idea that you "deserve infinite punishment" exists in your mind and nowhere else. It is no better and no more justified than my idea that you deserve no such thing. If God exists, neither of us has a clue about his/her/its opinion on this matter or anything else. When we talk about justice, we are necessarily talking about the human conception of justice. And there is no human conception of justice that prescribes infinite punishment for finite crimes.

I think Diddo *is* our punishment Dodgy Hopefully not infinite.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post