Theists, I want your best reasoning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: Theists, I want your best reasoning
(23-12-2014 11:32 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 10:26 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  That's like saying an astronaut on cares about seeing the entire universe.

In theory, is sounds good, but it's literally impossible to do. You're subscribing to a premise that cannot be obtained... ever... under no circumstances. The possibilities of knowing "truth" is 0%.

Truth is absolute, unbreakable knowledge that's impossible for humans because we are not omniscient.

So, saying you only care about truth is based on a false premise; moreover, it removes God from the equation by cutting out a reliance on Him as well castigating His omniscient.

You should always seek truth because you come close to it, but saying that the only thing you care about is truth is spitting in the face of God and pissing on the gift of faith and the unknowable things that He knows that He could possibly reveal to you via faith.

Okay. The Derp is out.

Yes, I will "piss" in the "gift" of faith, because that is anti-justice. I deserve eternal punishment. Wanting to not be eternally punished would be immoral.

[citation needed]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2014, 05:39 PM
(23-12-2014 05:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  [citation needed]

Theists spend most of their lives avoiding providing citations Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-12-2014, 05:42 PM
(23-12-2014 05:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 05:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  [citation needed]

Theists spend most of their lives avoiding providing citations Drinking Beverage

Well... I want a citation from the holy book/textual authority he uses.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-01-2015, 02:15 PM
(22-12-2014 01:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 01:31 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I apologize. God sacrificed Jesus unto God, yes? The Bible says God was satisfied regarding this sacrifice.

The sacrifice is also a substitute or stand in. Free will says you can skip it, it sounds like you are saying the sovereignty of God precludes skipping it and exercising a free will choice. I would respectfully disagree.

That's actually the opposite of what I said.

I sincerely apologize. Perhaps you would restate your objection/question here? Thank you.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user