Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2013, 05:44 PM
RE: Theists - Please check in here
(18-04-2013 04:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 11:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  Oh. You were serious? Consider

Are you addressing Gaest or me?

You.

I thought it was a very funny thread, but then I realized you might be serious. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 05:27 AM
RE: Three Practices of Veridicanism
(18-04-2013 10:21 AM)Egor Wrote:  In short: Animal care teaches us how to love as a god.

.. and to complete this metaphor for the love of God you must nurture the animal from birth, name it, spend your days with it, and then kill it for food and enjoy its sweet sweet meat.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
22-04-2013, 10:52 AM
(18-04-2013 05:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 04:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Are you addressing Gaest or me?

You.

I thought it was a very funny thread, but then I realized you might be serious. Drinking Beverage

Sorry for the delayed response Chas, I got caught up in the childeye thread.

My thinking goes like this:

Theists come in here and can pretty much assume none of us believe, easy enough for them. But when a PleaseJesus or Heywood show up and begin arguing some minutia there is no context.
Egor, after posting the above, provides a framework for his beliefs.

I'm not sure anyone other than Egor will do this but it would certainly help when dissecting a theistic dogma since they are so varied and so numerous.

FC

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
13-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Bump

Since we have a new freshman class of theists perhaps they could let us know in more detail just what they believe in.

MattMVS7
Q Continuum

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
13-10-2014, 02:34 PM
(13-10-2014 02:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Bump

Since we have a new freshman class of theists perhaps they could let us know in more detail just what they believe in.

MattMVS7
Q Continuum

MattMVS7 isn't new. He flunked and is now repeating. Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-10-2014, 02:47 PM
(13-10-2014 02:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 02:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Bump

MattMVS7
Q Continuum

MattMVS7 isn't new. He flunked and is now repeating. Dodgy

Oh.

Thought I'd add MozartLink and diddo.

I don't really think any of them would try to explain their position in detail but then look at Egor, he did. What I learned was the true depth of the madness.

13-10-2014, 02:48 PM
(13-10-2014 02:47 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 02:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  MattMVS7 isn't new. He flunked and is now repeating. Dodgy

Oh.

Thought I'd add MozartLink and diddo.

I don't really think any of them would try to explain their position in detail but then look at Egor, he did. What I learned was the true depth of the madness.

MattMVS7 = MozartLink

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Don't forget the Dim one...dimaniac or whatever.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
13-10-2014, 02:56 PM
(13-10-2014 02:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Don't forget the Dim one...dimaniac or whatever.

Right, what are the chances of them gracing us with their dogma?

I had forgotten that Egor had gone into detail, going back and skimming over it makes my face do this Hobo

13-10-2014, 03:00 PM
(13-10-2014 02:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 02:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Don't forget the Dim one...dimaniac or whatever.

Right, what are the chances of them gracing us with their dogma?

I had forgotten that Egor had gone into detail, going back and skimming over it makes my face do this Hobo

It's kinda sad, but I would trade in this new group for a visit from Egor just to find out what nuttiness he is into now.

Nice thing about Egor was that his crazy changed from time to time.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat