Theists - Please check in here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2014, 03:06 PM
RE: Theists - Please check in here
(13-10-2014 02:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 02:47 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Oh.

Thought I'd add MozartLink and diddo.

I don't really think any of them would try to explain their position in detail but then look at Egor, he did. What I learned was the true depth of the madness.

MattMVS7 = MozartLink
THAT'S Where I've seen those words before. Thank you!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2014, 03:24 PM
How did I miss this thread?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
13-10-2014, 03:29 PM
(17-04-2013 10:33 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I respectfully request that all theists that come to this board post a brief outline of your dogma, denominational affiliations if any, and basic tenets of your beliefs.

It would also help to be upfront and let us know why you are here for clarity's sake.
(i.e. proselytize, teach, learn, discuss, crisis of conscience, punishment, walk on the wild side, a dare etc.)

And how you got here (i.e. TTA podcast, web search, stumble upon, wrong left turn etc.)

Examples:

1) Hello my name is XYZ. I am a Catholic. We believe in the Holy Trinity, that Jesus is the Son of God and only through Him can we enter into Heaven. I believe in the Sacraments of Babtism, Eucharist, Reconciliation, Confirmation, Holy Orders, Marriage and Annointing the Sick. I believe that the Bible is the inerrant word of God. I'm here to discuss different points of view and hope to have meaningful exchanges of ideas. I'm also curious why you renounced religion.

2) Hello, I'm Lord Steven Christ. I am the reincarnation of the Christ. I am not affiliated. My basic tenets include watching you all burn in hell if you don't have faith in me. I'm here to promote my Youtube page and I found this place by the Grace of God. Oh, and please send me money.

Welcome.

Without religious people TTA woul be restricted to secular debates relating to problems with an atheistic world domain.
Perhaps the hard line atheists might explain their basic life style aspirations, initially too, just to even things out.
13-10-2014, 03:32 PM
(13-10-2014 03:29 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 10:33 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I respectfully request that all theists that come to this board post a brief outline of your dogma, denominational affiliations if any, and basic tenets of your beliefs.

It would also help to be upfront and let us know why you are here for clarity's sake.
(i.e. proselytize, teach, learn, discuss, crisis of conscience, punishment, walk on the wild side, a dare etc.)

And how you got here (i.e. TTA podcast, web search, stumble upon, wrong left turn etc.)

Examples:

1) Hello my name is XYZ. I am a Catholic. We believe in the Holy Trinity, that Jesus is the Son of God and only through Him can we enter into Heaven. I believe in the Sacraments of Babtism, Eucharist, Reconciliation, Confirmation, Holy Orders, Marriage and Annointing the Sick. I believe that the Bible is the inerrant word of God. I'm here to discuss different points of view and hope to have meaningful exchanges of ideas. I'm also curious why you renounced religion.

2) Hello, I'm Lord Steven Christ. I am the reincarnation of the Christ. I am not affiliated. My basic tenets include watching you all burn in hell if you don't have faith in me. I'm here to promote my Youtube page and I found this place by the Grace of God. Oh, and please send me money.

Welcome.

Without religious people TTA woul be restricted to secular debates relating to problems with an atheistic world domain.
Perhaps the hard line atheists might explain their basic life style aspirations, initially too, just to even things out.

Or perhaps it would be the welcoming place for doubters and deconverts that Seth envisioned.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2014, 08:57 PM

Examples:

Welcome.

I don't "believe" anything. I know that God exists and cannot be all loving.

Truth seeker.
13-10-2014, 09:06 PM
(13-10-2014 08:57 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I don't "believe" anything. I know that God exists and cannot be all loving.

That certainly makes a few of your posts make more sense.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
13-10-2014, 09:18 PM
(13-10-2014 08:57 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I don't "believe" anything. I know that God exists and cannot be all loving.

But you don't know shit, so there is that... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-10-2014, 09:46 PM

That's it? That's your entire dogma?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
13-10-2014, 09:50 PM
(13-10-2014 03:29 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  

Examples:

Welcome.

That would be a different thread you can start.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
13-10-2014, 10:37 PM

I know I'm a tool for even asking this... but whatever...

"Knowledge" or "knowing" of anything requires a 100% certainty of such; and by such, "knowledge" would eliminate any shred of doubt... nay, POSSIBILITY of doubt, thus eliminating any type collateral that would suggest anything other than absolute knowledge of whatever it is you're claiming you have "knowledge" of.

I'm not even going to address how "knowledge" is impossible for a finite being as I believe those testicles of discussion are too large for your jock of comprehension, but I would like to point out a few indescrepencies in regards to your statement and your "faith".

Namely... "faith".

By claiming "knowledge", you stamp out "faith".

The Bible discusses "knowledge" in a few ways (depending how it's addressed):

1) It shuns the human desire for knowledge because it impedes on faith. One of the best examples is in the Garden of Eden and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil... I'm assuming you can see how this is "bad".
2) It reprimands those that seek knowledge to "puff" themselves up (1 Cor 8) while it becomes an idol of sorts to make one feel superior to another due to perceived knowledge.
3) When it does talk about seeking knowledge, it is in reference to God and is never absolute - meaning, there is to be a pursuit of knowledge, but this is a never ending chase... which kind of makes it a misnomer, as it should be a "seeking of learning".

But, since you "know" God exists, you absolutely dropped the need for faith... which is kind of weird because Christians are told to walk by faith and not by knowledge (2 Cor 5:7); likewise, the beloved are given faith as a gift from God (Eph 2:8) in order to do this.

So, how do you reconcile your blatant admittance to rejecting the gift of faith from God by claiming absolute knowledge of God thus removing your ability to follow, hear, or even love God? In fact, your claim to knowledge is so devastating to the basic foundation of Christianity that I (if I were you, I mean) would really question and reevaluate the fundamentals of my beliefs.

After that, I would love to hear a Biblically alligned reconciliation for your claim.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post