Theists - Please check in here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2014, 10:53 PM
RE: Theists - Please check in here
(13-10-2014 09:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 03:29 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Without religious people TTA woul be restricted to secular debates relating to problems with an atheistic world domain.
Perhaps the hard line atheists might explain their basic life style aspirations, initially too, just to even things out.

That would be a different thread you can start.

Ooh, ooh, let me try!

1) Hello my name is Mr Woof. I am an agnostic atheist. I don't believe in religion as presented, but remain agnostic towards the supernatural and afterlife. I'm here to discuss how annoyed I am with the Reputation system in place, and I'll bitch about it for a month, get pissed off, swear off the site entirely, only to reappear 3-4 months later and repeat the whole cycle over again. I plan on doing this into perpetuity.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-10-2014, 11:07 PM
(13-10-2014 10:53 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 09:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  That would be a different thread you can start.

Ooh, ooh, let me try!

1) Hello my name is Mr Woof. I am an agnostic atheist. I don't believe in religion as presented, but remain agnostic towards the supernatural and afterlife. I'm here to discuss how annoyed I am with the Reputation system in place, and I'll bitch about it for a month, get pissed off, swear off the site entirely, only to reappear 3-4 months later and repeat the whole cycle over again. I plan on doing this into perpetuity.

Sorry EK but I'm gonna hafta neg rep you for that. Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
14-10-2014, 01:01 AM
I was not around for Egor which is kinda disappointing. Guy was a fucking loon!

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
14-10-2014, 05:28 AM
(14-10-2014 01:01 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I was not around for Egor which is kinda disappointing. Guy was a fucking loon!

His final post (his first final post... he came back a second time), a complete meltdown, was the stuff of legend.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 2 users Like guitar_nut's post
14-10-2014, 05:32 AM
And then Egor was resurrected as Gordon. Don't forget the second coming - or was it the third or fourth? Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-10-2014, 05:52 AM
(14-10-2014 05:28 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 01:01 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I was not around for Egor which is kinda disappointing. Guy was a fucking loon!

His final post (his first final post... he came back a second time), a complete meltdown, was the stuff of legend.

Oh yes; who could possibly forget that day.

It was fucking glorious.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
14-10-2014, 07:12 AM
(13-10-2014 10:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 08:57 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I don't "believe" anything. I know that God exists and cannot be all loving.

I know I'm a tool for even asking this... but whatever...

"Knowledge" or "knowing" of anything requires a 100% certainty of such; and by such, "knowledge" would eliminate any shred of doubt... nay, POSSIBILITY of doubt, thus eliminating any type collateral that would suggest anything other than absolute knowledge of whatever it is you're claiming you have "knowledge" of.

I'm not even going to address how "knowledge" is impossible for a finite being as I believe those testicles of discussion are too large for your jock of comprehension, but I would like to point out a few indescrepencies in regards to your statement and your "faith".

Namely... "faith".

By claiming "knowledge", you stamp out "faith".

The Bible discusses "knowledge" in a few ways (depending how it's addressed):

1) It shuns the human desire for knowledge because it impedes on faith. One of the best examples is in the Garden of Eden and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil... I'm assuming you can see how this is "bad".
2) It reprimands those that seek knowledge to "puff" themselves up (1 Cor 8) while it becomes an idol of sorts to make one feel superior to another due to perceived knowledge.
3) When it does talk about seeking knowledge, it is in reference to God and is never absolute - meaning, there is to be a pursuit of knowledge, but this is a never ending chase... which kind of makes it a misnomer, as it should be a "seeking of learning".

But, since you "know" God exists, you absolutely dropped the need for faith... which is kind of weird because Christians are told to walk by faith and not by knowledge (2 Cor 5:7); likewise, the beloved are given faith as a gift from God (Eph 2:8) in order to do this.

So, how do you reconcile your blatant admittance to rejecting the gift of faith from God by claiming absolute knowledge of God thus removing your ability to follow, hear, or even love God? In fact, your claim to knowledge is so devastating to the basic foundation of Christianity that I (if I were you, I mean) would really question and reevaluate the fundamentals of my beliefs.

After that, I would love to hear a Biblically alligned reconciliation for your claim.

See KC, this is the difference between a theist who has given the subject great thought (you and Bosch) and someone (diddo in this case) who doesn't have a working understanding of a religion's dogma.

This is exactly why I started the thread. If an adherent to a religion cannot clearly verbalize their core beliefs then they are no more than flapping gums that have been dipped in jou-jou sauce. Their minds are nothing but flypaper that have caught an occasional sound-bite of a complicated belief system that they can neither explain nor comprehend. Yet they show up here ready to do battle unarmed as you so eloquently showed by dismantling diddo97's assertions.

While you and I may not agree on the subject of deities I greatly respect your intimate knowledge of your beliefs and the ability to espouse on them unlike the vast majority of drivebys that show up here.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
14-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Thanks, FC.

I don't expect my question to be answered because I don't actually believe people like he/she/it are really Christians. I think they are playing a Poe.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-10-2014, 10:37 AM
(14-10-2014 10:32 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Thanks, FC.

I don't expect my question to be answered because I don't actually believe people like he/she/it are really Christians. I think they are playing a Poe.

I actually think it is one step down for Diddo. He's not a poe he's just a troll, he found something that gets him all the precious attention he craves so he parrots it without any understanding (just look at any conversation where he cannot define basic portions of his ideology)

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
24-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Yay.

Got ignored again.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]