Theists - Wrong about nearly everything

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Theists - Wrong about nearly everything
I'm wrong every so often about something I thought was true. It's disheartening but once I take a good look at the evidence, I can spot where I was wrong and accept the change in information from what I thought was true to what is actually true.

As a theist, what must it be like to be wrong about most everything you hold to be true. I can't imagine that. Being that young college student in biology class who insists that evolution doesn't happen. Your whole world view popped like a balloon in an instant.

How do you deal with 20 years +/- of false information ?
Your entire life, you were lied to in order to get a portion of your money, your children's money and their children's money.

You are free to believe whatever you like, but you are not free to invent your own facts and please stop giving them your money.
When you do that, you'll see their tone change immediately.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
30-12-2013, 09:03 AM
RE: Theists - Wrong about nearly everything
(30-12-2013 09:00 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I'm wrong every so often about something I thought was true. It's disheartening but once I take a good look at the evidence, I can spot where I was wrong and accept the change in information from what I thought was true to what is actually true.

As a theist, what must it be like to be wrong about most everything you hold to be true. I can't imagine that. Being that young college student in biology class who insists that evolution doesn't happen. Your whole world view popped like a balloon in an instant.

Your entire life, you were lied to in order to get a portion of your money, your children's money and their children's money.

You are free to believe whatever you like, but you are not free to invent your own facts and please stop giving them your money.

How do you deal?
You're angry, feel foolish ---yet look forward to the rest of your life.Thumbsup
Level of anger and frustration I believe directly correlates to number of years invested, time wasted or money spent.

mileage may vary

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
30-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Reminds me of one of my favorite sayings:
"Deal with things the way they are, not the way you want them to be."

Life is a lot easier when you're not putting tremendous effort into sustaining a lie.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 3 users Like guitar_nut's post
31-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Here in Mississippi they mostly stick their hands in their ears and say Lalalalala. Then they try (and sometimes succeed) to get their beliefs passed into law and made into policy, and they act like atheists are broken, crazy, etc. Most dig their heels in and have no wish to be confused with the facts.

Godless in the Magnolia State
01-01-2014, 12:20 AM
(30-12-2013 09:00 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  How do you deal with 20 years +/- of false information ?

Epic Betrayal sux, don't it.

What to do, is to pick oneself up by the bootstraps and start all over, armed with a newfound rigorous sense of intellectual honesty. From there, nothing can steer you wrong, Ever. Thumbsup

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
01-01-2014, 12:27 AM
(30-12-2013 09:03 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 09:00 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I'm wrong every so often about something I thought was true. It's disheartening but once I take a good look at the evidence, I can spot where I was wrong and accept the change in information from what I thought was true to what is actually true.

How do you deal?
You're angry, feel foolish ---yet look forward to the rest of your life.Thumbsup
Level of anger and frustration I believe directly correlates to number of years invested, time wasted or money spent.

mileage may vary

Ain't that the truth, Babe. Thumbsup Hug

OH, and BTW, saw your recent fam pix and I was just knocked speechless. Epic Gathering of the Clan is Epic. Wow. Just wow. The obvious joy just blew me out of my chair. Wow. Thumbsup

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
01-01-2014, 12:48 AM
(30-12-2013 09:00 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  ...
As a theist, what must it be like to be wrong about most everything you hold to be true. I can't imagine that.

Kinda like this, I should imagine...

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post