Theists and BS assumptions about science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2016, 02:30 PM
RE: Theists and BS assumptions about science
(27-04-2016 02:29 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 02:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "If you see your atheism as not a part of your identity, can you elaborate on why your here, on an atheists forum?"

Because this forum affords an opportunity to discuss religion, politics, and science with the non-religious.

Why do you want to discuss these topics with the non-religious?

Because I DON'T want to discuss them with the religious online.

(it would be amusing that you think you know me better than me, if you weren't so pathetically sad in your ignorance and your arrogance)

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2016, 02:31 PM
(27-04-2016 02:21 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "If you see your atheism as not a part of your identity, can you elaborate on why your here, on an atheists forum?"

Why are you here?

To preach the Gospel, I mean why else would a self-identifying Christian be in an atheists forum?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
27-04-2016, 02:33 PM
(27-04-2016 02:31 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 02:21 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "If you see your atheism as not a part of your identity, can you elaborate on why your here, on an atheists forum?"

Why are you here?

To preach the Gospel, I mean why else would a self-identifying Christian be in an atheists forum?

Is this a brief moment of honesty from you? Or are you trying in vain to be sarcastic?

(I should know better than to expect honesty from you though, so I assume the latter based on your interactions on the forum with myself and others)

-Rick
27-04-2016, 02:34 PM
(27-04-2016 02:29 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 02:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "If you see your atheism as not a part of your identity, can you elaborate on why your here, on an atheists forum?"

Because this forum affords an opportunity to discuss religion, politics, and science with the non-religious.

Why do you want to discuss these topics with the non-religious?

Are you THAT GUY, that sits in the front row, and constantly interrupts class with inane and REALLY stupid questions, all for attention ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
(27-04-2016 02:30 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 02:29 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Why do you want to discuss these topics with the non-religious?

Because I DON'T want to discuss them with the religious online.

(it would be amusing that you think you know me better than me, if you weren't so pathetically sad in your ignorance and your arrogance)

It's interesting that your ego gets in the way to the point were you avoid honest and forthcoming responses, like the above. Because an honest response would likely negate you previous suggestions that being non-religious is not an important part of who you are. So it's best to save face right? and dodge the question.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
(27-04-2016 02:31 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

Why are you here?

INFORMATION

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
27-04-2016, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2016 02:41 PM by TheBeardedDude.)
(27-04-2016 02:34 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 02:30 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Because I DON'T want to discuss them with the religious online.

It's interesting that your ego gets in the way to the point were you avoid honest and forthcoming responses, like the above. Because an honest response would likely negate you previous suggestions that being non-religious is not an important part of who you are. So it's best to save face right, and dodge the question.

Once again, you presume to know me, better than me. Laugh out load

(Perhaps you are truly ignorant of the arrogance you exert from your ignorance. Here, I'll give you a bit of help. You DON'T know me, or my motivations, or my reasons. And unless you have some evidence to substantiate your claims, you are simply spewing out hot air. For instance, when I have accused you of being dishonest about your intentions and reasons for engaging on the forum, I have used posts/comments/replies from YOU to substantiate my claims that you are dishonest. I don't presume to actually know your reasons, but I do believe that a reading of your interactions on the forum give a good insight into why you are NOT here and how your explanations of your intent and motivation for being here are not substantiated.)

-Rick
27-04-2016, 02:38 PM
(27-04-2016 02:34 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 02:30 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Because I DON'T want to discuss them with the religious online.

It's interesting that your ego gets in the way to the point were you avoid honest and forthcoming responses, like the above. Because an honest response would likely negate you previous suggestions that being non-religious is not an important part of who you are. So it's best to save face right, and dodge the question.

Would this be like being non-feline or non-canine is an important part of who we are ?

The absence of something is not something.

I know you *need* to place everyone in little red boxes, and tie them up with a neat bow, but that's not how the world works. (That's the lesson children learn after the no bunny session.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-04-2016, 02:40 PM
(27-04-2016 02:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 02:34 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  It's interesting that your ego gets in the way to the point were you avoid honest and forthcoming responses, like the above. Because an honest response would likely negate you previous suggestions that being non-religious is not an important part of who you are. So it's best to save face right, and dodge the question.

Would this be like being non-feline or non-canine is an important part of who we are ?

The absence of something is not something.

I know you *need* to place everyone in little red boxes, and tie them up with a neat bow, but that's not how the world works. (That's the lesson children learn after the no bunny session.)

I am a non-Spinatrypa non-planosulcata (it is the first species name that came to me. I guess this is now a description of my identify Laugh out load )

-Rick
27-04-2016, 02:44 PM
(27-04-2016 02:34 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 02:31 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  To preach the Gospel, I mean why else would a self-identifying Christian be in an atheists forum?

INFORMATION

He doesn't like to provide information. He prefers to bloviate.

-Rick