Theists and BS assumptions about science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2016, 03:42 PM
RE: Theists and BS assumptions about science
Why theists hate science?
Guys, it's in scripture.

1 Timothy 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1 Timothy 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
27-04-2016, 06:48 PM
Can this be moved to the atheism and theism forum? It's all sticky with unintelligent theistic gum wads. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
28-04-2016, 05:38 AM
(27-04-2016 02:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 02:34 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  It's interesting that your ego gets in the way to the point were you avoid honest and forthcoming responses, like the above. Because an honest response would likely negate you previous suggestions that being non-religious is not an important part of who you are. So it's best to save face right, and dodge the question.

Would this be like being non-feline or non-canine is an important part of who we are ?

You mean not biologically being a feline? Identify is not about mere biological distinctions. There is a woman I read of, who does identify as a cat though.

Quote:The absence of something is not something.

I know you *need* to place everyone in little red boxes, and tie them up with a neat bow, but that's not how the world works. (That's the lesson children learn after the no bunny session.)

It's not about the definition of atheism, or theism, or Christianity, it's the aspect that leads individuals to identify as an atheist, leads someone's such as yourself here, participating almost daily, gathering together under the label of atheism.

Tying what it means for you to be rational, clear headed, seeing the world rightly, distinguishing from the deluded masses, the herd, the desire recognition, equal rights, to have your sensibilities registered and considered, the desire to come out, welcoming those who do, recognizing them as one of your own, etc....

It's not my desire to put you in a box,it's more your desire to see yourself as not in a box, that's the issue here.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
28-04-2016, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2016 06:03 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-04-2016 05:38 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 02:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Would this be like being non-feline or non-canine is an important part of who we are ?

You mean not biologically being a feline? Identify is not about mere biological distinctions. There is a woman I read of, who does identify as a cat though.

I know you *need* to place everyone in little red boxes, and tie them up with a neat bow, but that's not how the world works. (That's the lesson children learn after the no bunny session.)

It's not about the definition of atheism, or theism, or Christianity, it's the aspect that leads individuals to identify as an atheist, leads someone's such as yourself here, participating almost daily, gathering together under the label of atheism.

Tying what it means for you to be rational, clear headed, seeing the world rightly, distinguishing from the deluded masses, the herd, the desire recognition, equal rights, to have your sensibilities registered and considered, the desire to come out, welcoming those who do, recognizing them as one of your own, etc....

It's not my desire to put you in a box,it's more your desire to see yourself as not in a box, that's the issue here.

Whatever you say, wise judgmental one. You do seem to have it all figured out, about people you never even met. You just keep telling yourself you have it all figured out, Church Lady.

Fucking jerk.
What are you doing here, Church Lady ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-04-2016, 06:01 AM
(28-04-2016 05:38 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 02:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Would this be like being non-feline or non-canine is an important part of who we are ?

I thought we were here because we liked a podcast/youtube channel... This place isn't merely af.org which I know several memebers, but not myself, are apart of. This is not merely an atheism itself is the core and only source of connecting to the forum like that one is.

This isn't the atheism+ forum or something, which I recently saw has basically shut down a few months ago after that movement had plenty of internal strife over the past years.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
28-04-2016, 06:05 AM
(27-04-2016 02:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Once again, you presume to know me, better than me. Laugh out load

Not really, and the problem is less this and more you're desire to be left unknown, your desire not to be forthcoming here, avoid a variety of points raised, and deliberately answer questions with non-answers. If you put you guard down for a bit, be more open and honest with me, this would likely have been a very short discussion.

Do you prefer that I don't get to know you?

Quote:(And unless you have some evidence to substantiate your claims, you are simply spewing out hot air. For instance, when I have accused you of being dishonest about your intentions and reasons for engaging on the forum, I have used posts/comments/replies from YOU to substantiate my claims that you are dishonest. I don't presume to actually know your reasons, but I do believe that a reading of your interactions on the forum give a good insight into why you are NOT here and how your explanations of your intent and motivation for being here are not substantiated.)

I pointed out a variety of factors all of which lead me to my conclusion, most of which you didn't reject, in fact I even used you own connection between the relationship between being rational and being an atheist in support.

You on the other had rather than addressing much of what I said, and the bulk of the reasons I'm led to this conclusion, presented a variety of red-herrings, and choose to not be open and forthcoming here, in your responses.

Let's ask another question. Do you believe it's true that for some atheists, being an atheist is an important part of their identity. And is it just that you don't see yourself relating to them in this regard?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
28-04-2016, 06:14 AM
(28-04-2016 06:05 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 02:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Once again, you presume to know me, better than me. Laugh out load

Not really, and the problem is less this and more you're desire to be left unknown, your desire not to be forthcoming here, avoid a variety of points raised, and deliberately answer questions with non-answers. If you put you guard down for a bit, be more open and honest with me, this would likely have been a very short discussion.

Quote:(And unless you have some evidence to substantiate your claims, you are simply spewing out hot air. For instance, when I have accused you of being dishonest about your intentions and reasons for engaging on the forum, I have used posts/comments/replies from YOU to substantiate my claims that you are dishonest. I don't presume to actually know your reasons, but I do believe that a reading of your interactions on the forum give a good insight into why you are NOT here and how your explanations of your intent and motivation for being here are not substantiated.)

I pointed out a variety of factors all of which lead me to my conclusion, most of which you didn't reject, in fact I even used you own connection between the relationship between being rational and being an atheist in support.

You on the other had rather than addressing much of what I said, and the bulk of the reasons I'm led to this conclusion, presented a variety of red-herrings, and choose to not be open and forthcoming here, in your responses.

Let's ask another question. Do you believe it's true that for some atheists, being an atheist is an important part of their identity. And is it just that you don't see yourself relating to them in this regard?

How many times today will you congratulate yourself that you think you are actually a *good Christian* and how many time will you tell yourself you are a follow of your Jebus ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-04-2016, 06:21 AM
(28-04-2016 05:57 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What are you doing here, Church Lady ?

Because people different than me are a constant curiosity. It's like looking at a puzzle, that I want to piece together, so that all the pieces fit. I may not have put it together, but I enjoy trying to put it together.

But it's not as if people here are encouraging of this project, they try and get you to avoid doing so at every turn, like they don't want it to be put together.

And to me that tendency is just another interesting puzzle piece of that mysterious whole I've been working on.

28-04-2016, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2016 06:47 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-04-2016 06:21 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 05:57 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What are you doing here, Church Lady ?

Because people different than me are a constant curiosity. It's like looking at a puzzle, that I want to piece together, so that all the pieces fit. I may not have put it together, but I enjoy trying to put it together.

But it's not as if people here are encouraging of this project, they try and get you to avoid doing so at every turn, like they don't want it to be put together.

And to me that tendency is just another interesting puzzle piece of that mysterious whole I've been working on.

Yeah. I get it. You do *need* your one dimensional "puzzle" to tell yourself how YOU construct reality FOR yourself, (which has almost nothing to do with actual Reality). Your "different than me", (ie read *beneath my superior moral level* self-righteous, judgmental bullshit) is pretty much what all you people do.

You've been "working on" NOTHING. More BS to justify you wasting your time here, being judgmental.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-04-2016, 07:11 AM
(28-04-2016 06:05 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  

"Not really, and the problem is less this and more you're desire to be left unknown, your desire not to be forthcoming here, avoid a variety of points raised, and deliberately answer questions with non-answers. If you put you guard down for a bit, be more open and honest with me, this would likely have been a very short discussion."

Just because I haven't answered in the way you want (or presume I will), does not mean I have given you "non-answers." I have been explicit and forthcoming.

As for me being honest, you seem to be conflating a couple of things. To you, "honesty" is me giving answers that are aligned with your presumptions, instead of actual honest answers.

"Do you prefer that I don't get to know you?"

I prefer that you fuck off with the arrogant presumptions you make about people where you think you know who they are better than they do (you have directly done this with me for instance).

Here is a hint about who I am, my posts are literally littered with answers to your questions but because you don't like the answers, you don't accept them.

You on the other hand, are guilty of all the things you accuse me of. Your dishonesty is blatant. You are not here to engage with atheists for the reasons you claim to be. For instance:
"Because people different than me are a constant curiosity. It's like looking at a puzzle, that I want to piece together, so that all the pieces fit. I may not have put it together, but I enjoy trying to put it together.

And to me that tendency is just another interesting puzzle piece of that mysterious whole I've been working on."

Bullshit. This is yet another different answer to this exact same question you have given. If you want to "piece together" we human "puzzles," then a good start would be listening and learning when people tell you that you're wrong. Instead, you keep shoving pieces that don't fit together and then proclaim that you've completed the puzzle.

And there is a reason many people come to an internet forum to engage with other people, and anonymity is one of them. But even more important than that, is that the only "pieces of the puzzle" you are going to get, are the words they type. And if what they type in response to your dishonestly-intentioned fishing questions, you aren't going to get accurate representations of who they are.

For instance, in another answer you gave to this very question, you said you were here to "make people uncomfortable." I don't know who you have made uncomfortable, if anyone, but I can safely say that whatever "pieces of the puzzle" you think you're getting from this, they are not representations of that person. They are representations of their response to yet another dishonest theist, which many of us of had far too many dealings and interactions with to engage with at any length.

"I pointed out a variety of factors all of which lead me to my conclusion, most of which you didn't reject, in fact I even used you own connection between the relationship between being rational and being an atheist in support."

You pointed to a variety of extra presumptions and assumptions, and not a single shred of evidence to support your claims.

"You on the other had rather than addressing much of what I said, and the bulk of the reasons I'm led to this conclusion, presented a variety of red-herrings, and choose to not be open and forthcoming here, in your responses."

You don't know what a "red herring" is. In fact, this entire thread has derailed as a result of your topic switching as a way of avoiding admitting the ignorant assumptions and claims you made about science and scientists.

"Let's ask another question. Do you believe it's true that for some atheists, being an atheist is an important part of their identity. And is it just that you don't see yourself relating to them in this regard?"

This is good evidence you don't read what I write in reply to you.

For instance:
That isn't a description of atheists, that is a description of a human. YOU injecting what YOU think it means when someone describes themselves as an atheist, is not dependent upon YOUR presumptions. Some mean "lacks a belief in a god" and literally ascribe nothing else to it, while still readily identifying as an atheist. For instance, that is all I mean.

Once again, no. YOU have no idea what they believe or don't believe or how significant the label "atheist" is to them. YOU assume it has importance and assign it for them, but that is YOUR bullshit.

Just because YOU assign importance to your theistic label to your life, does NOT mean anyone else does. And it sure as hell doesn't mean that atheists do. Some atheists might. Some might not. But you assert that anyone using the title "atheist" as a descriptor or who attends what you consider to be gatherings of "atheists," must mean that the title has some special significance to them. Which is an unfounded bullshit assertion.

If you want to claim that you're here to "piece puzzles" together of people, you either need to get better at pretending and lying, or actually start reading and comprehending replies to you.

And you never answered my questions:
Do you know who someone is, or what they associate with their individual identify, if your only knowledge of them is whether they are theist or atheist?

Do you know who someone is, or what they associate with their individual identify, if your only knowledge of them is whether they are a scientist or not a scientist?

Do you know who someone is, or what they associate with their individual identify, if your only knowledge of them is whether they are a baseball player or not a baseball player?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post