Theists bashing on Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Theists bashing on Atheists
don't you guys hate it when people say, god don't exist, and religious people bash at you, it happened on youtube, a couple of good replies, and a couple of people swearing at me, calling me I'm a waste, and god never wanted me.

Eh... I'm trying to nicely talk with them, but they don't wanna talk anymore... guess they like bashing, then running away.

"don't jump to conclusions until your 99%"

"dreams are the best source of creativity" me
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2011, 10:39 PM
RE: Theists bashing on Atheists
People don't like to have their beliefs challenged or their foundations shook (shooken, shaked, shashookened?). Probably a big reason why atheists aren't as resistant to belief changes as theists. We have a lack of belief, along with no set of morals to challenge, no doctrine to be disproven, and if a god showed up and said "hey guys, I DO exist," we would go "oh, ok" without having to restructure our lives. Unless that god then made demands of us.

It's kind of like if someone found irrefutable evidence that Reagan was a flamboyantly gay communist who actively worked towards destroying America in between forcing women to get abortions. A lot of Repubs would put on their blinders and ignore it or claim it to be a deviant fake by "Libtards" (I find it funny that the party that was so in support of Palin and the R word fiasco has no problem using words like "Demotards"). The point is that people only hear supporting claims and do a little cognitive dissonance dance party in their heads when they hear ideologically opposing claims.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
06-01-2011, 11:27 PM
(06-01-2011 10:39 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  People don't like to have their beliefs challenged or their foundations shook (shooken, shaked, shashookened?).

Not stirred.
07-01-2011, 01:07 AM
When they swear at you and call you a waste, ask them why they are not turning the other cheek.

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
07-01-2011, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2011 01:11 AM by riseinside.)
(06-01-2011 11:27 PM)gamutman Wrote:  
(06-01-2011 10:39 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  People don't like to have their beliefs challenged or their foundations shook (shooken, shaked, shashookened?).

Not stirred.

Thats the first thing that came to mind as well lol
(07-01-2011 01:07 AM)ThinkingNorseman Wrote:  When they swear at you and call you a waste, ask them why they are not turning the other cheek.

When ones belief is challenged it really brings out the true nature of that person. It amazes me the hatred and negativity that comes from most christians when challenged.

I would likely respond in the same manner if the very beliefs and morales that I stood upon were sitting on such shaky ground. When all you have to offer is "the bible is the word of god so therefore this is the truth" and "you just have to have faith".......well, you tend to get upset when questioned.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2011, 01:32 AM
The definition of "shook" says past participle of shake. So I still don't know if it's supposed to be that or "shaken." Shook could be one of those words that was used incorrectly so often that they adopted it into the dictionary.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
07-01-2011, 02:09 AM
There used to be a tee shirt that said "Instant Asshole - Add Alcohol." Some people need one that says "Instant Asshole - Challenge My Beliefs." Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
07-01-2011, 08:50 PM
(07-01-2011 01:07 AM)ThinkingNorseman Wrote:  When they swear at you and call you a waste, ask them why they are not turning the other cheek.

I once said that to a guy and he started ranting about how he was going to hell and didn't care anymore so he was going to sieve through the internet attacking atheists for the rest of his mortal life.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
07-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Anyone who feels secure in what they believe doesn't have to foam at the mouth to prove their point. They most likely won't feel the need to prove a point at all.

It's those who are insecure who are going to scream the loudest, because they don't have anything logical or rational to base their ideas on.

Anyone who can't discuss things rationally and calmly and reasonably is also likely an idiot, IMO. Yelling and/or swearing doesn't exactly lend credibility to any argument.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
08-01-2011, 05:50 PM
I totally agree with post 43. The insecure are trying to prove to themselves that what they believe is true. They have made up their minds, then we come along and confuse them with facts. Shake a volatile (unstable) material and KA-BOOOOM! Great fun for those who enjoy human fireworks.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.