Theists bashing on Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2011, 09:17 PM
RE: Theists bashing on Atheists
(08-01-2011 05:50 PM)No J. Wrote:  I totally agree with post 43. The insecure are trying to prove to themselves that what they believe is true. They have made up their minds, then we come along and confuse them with facts. Shake a volatile (unstable) material and KA-BOOOOM! Great fun for those who enjoy human fireworks.

(Looks for a post 43, fails, eats a ham sandwich instead)

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2011, 11:42 AM
(08-01-2011 09:17 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(08-01-2011 05:50 PM)No J. Wrote:  I totally agree with post 43. The insecure are trying to prove to themselves that what they believe is true. They have made up their minds, then we come along and confuse them with facts. Shake a volatile (unstable) material and KA-BOOOOM! Great fun for those who enjoy human fireworks.

Laughs, then eats something with a lower total carb count then a sandwich, maybe some grilled chicken with a salad.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
09-01-2011, 06:01 PM
(08-01-2011 09:17 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  

Post 43 change its number. I didn't know that could happen. Here is a copy:

It's those who are insecure who are going to scream the loudest, because they don't have anything logical or rational to base their ideas on.

Anyone who can't discuss things rationally and calmly and reasonably is also likely an idiot, IMO. Yelling and/or swearing doesn't exactly lend credibility to any argument.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
09-01-2011, 08:48 PM
That number is your total number of posts. It changes each time you make a post.

Btw, my only comment on the substance of this thread is I think it's incredibly ironic, and a tad hypocritical, given that this crowd (myself included, except I don't complain when it happens to me) is more than capable of bashing on any theist who dares come and claim there is a God or the bible is real.

I think the answer to the question as to why this happens is simple: we are all human beings with insecurities and we don't particularly like it when someone attacks our comfort zone. This is not in any way unique to people who believe in god or don't believe in god. It's just part of being human. Some of us rise above it, but thanks to the anonymity of the internet, most of us feel we don't have to so we don't.

It's honestly not that complicated.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
10-01-2011, 08:23 PM
I want a sandwich...
11-01-2011, 06:52 AM

I like watching videos on youtube from "scientists" trying to prove Intelligent Design and that the world is only 4000 yrs old. When you read the comments there is quite the hatred towards Athiests and usually comments directed at Mr. Dawkins. Big Grin Man do they ever HATE that guy!

It's such a contradiction to their religions which preach to love one another through Jesus bla bla bla when they act and say hateful things. True Christians (or other religions) that know their stuff and have kindness in their hearts will not retaliate but rather calmly debate with you or maybe turn the other cheek.

Speaking of I.D. I assume some of you have watched that piece of crap movie that Ben Stein put out? Not so much that I am against his message (he can believe whatever he wants, I don't care) but the way he interviewed people like Dawkins and Shermer and had them edited to make them look like idiots that didn't know what they were talking about. I turned that shit off partway though, couldn't handle the fake propaganda he was dishing out.
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2011, 07:49 AM
(11-01-2011 06:52 AM)Free_Thinker Wrote:  Speaking of I.D. I assume some of you have watched that piece of crap movie that Ben Stein put out? Not so much that I am against his message (he can believe whatever he wants, I don't care) but the way he interviewed people like Dawkins and Shermer and had them edited to make them look like idiots that didn't know what they were talking about. I turned that shit off partway though, couldn't handle the fake propaganda he was dishing out.

The reviews were enough for me. Funny story about the showing though, apparently PZ Myers from expelled from watching expelled.
PZ Myers Wrote:I went to attend a screening of the creationist propaganda movie, Expelled, a few minutes ago. Well, I tried … but I was Expelled! It was kind of weird — I was standing in line, hadn't even gotten to the point where I had to sign in and show ID, and a policeman pulled me out of line and told me I could not go in. I asked why, of course, and he said that a producer of the film had specifically instructed him that I was not to be allowed to attend. The officer also told me that if I tried to go in, I would be arrested. I assured him that I wasn't going to cause any trouble.

I went back to my family and talked with them for a while, and then the officer came back with a theater manager, and I was told that not only wasn't I allowed in, but I had to leave the premises immediately. Like right that instant.
You can read the full blog here.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!