Theists on this forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: Theists on this forum
(10-02-2013 09:24 AM)smidgen Wrote:  I don't understand why they would want to be here to begin with besides just wanted to troll and cause trouble.
*CAUSES TROUBLE & TROLLS*

My work here is done.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
10-02-2013, 01:09 PM

I can only speak for myself. In the time I have been here, although some would say I've been constantly flip-flopping, the fact is I've gone in kind of a sine wave. I believed, then I examined my beliefs and began to have serious doubts to the point I became agnostic, but then as I continued to examine the issue, I saw a new way, that I wouldn't have seen had I not traveled the sine wave, so to speak.

So, I have become more sure of the existence of God as a result of being here. Which is why I felt compelled to donate.

Also, recently, I have discovered something very peculiar about atheists, and that is that they all believe in God--or at least the ones who are in forums. And I think, like a Ghostbuster, I have found a way to cure the atheist. I intend to write a book called something like, "The Thirty Day Atheist Cure." I had suspected it for some time, but in a conversation I was having with someone over on my forum, I saw the light, if you will.

Now, I have about a dozen arguments for the existence of God, and what I believe is a cure.

I'd like to thank The Thinking Atheist for that. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2013, 01:24 PM
(10-02-2013 01:09 PM)Egor Wrote:  Also, recently, I have discovered something very peculiar about atheists, and that is that they all believe in God--or at least the ones who are in forums.
You keep saying that, but you have yet to name even a single reason to support your claim.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
10-02-2013, 01:27 PM
(10-02-2013 12:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-02-2013 11:42 AM)smidgen Wrote:  I guess I'm just not used to it because my friends don't seem to really care what my view points are they just say that they are wrong and I shouldn't think this way. Undecided
fixt.
Big Grin

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
10-02-2013, 01:33 PM
(10-02-2013 01:09 PM)Egor Wrote:  I can only speak for myself. In the time I have been here, although some would say I've been constantly flip-flopping, the fact is I've gone in kind of a sine wave. I believed, then I examined my beliefs and began to have serious doubts to the point I became agnostic, but then as I continued to examine the issue, I saw a new way, that I wouldn't have seen had I not traveled the sine wave, so to speak.

So, I have become more sure of the existence of God as a result of being here. Which is why I felt compelled to donate.

Also, recently, I have discovered something very peculiar about atheists, and that is that they all believe in God--or at least the ones who are in forums. And I think, like a Ghostbuster, I have found a way to cure the atheist. I intend to write a book called something like, "The Thirty Day Atheist Cure." I had suspected it for some time, but in a conversation I was having with someone over on my forum, I saw the light, if you will.

Now, I have about a dozen arguments for the existence of God, and what I believe is a cure.

I'd like to thank The Thinking Atheist for that. Smile

Egor, when are you going to abandon that idea of yours that you can convert all atheists to veridicanism and found a major religion? You have been drumming on it since I have been around, and you really need to wake up and not waste your time on this. Life is too short.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-02-2013, 02:38 PM

Moron: I've been drumming on it since about Jan 1st.
10-02-2013, 02:40 PM

(10-02-2013 01:24 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You keep saying that, but you have yet to name even a single reason to support your claim.

That's something I'm going to be doing over on my turf. In here, this is your place.
10-02-2013, 02:45 PM
(10-02-2013 02:38 PM)Egor Wrote:  Moron: I've been drumming on it since about Jan 1st.

Thank you for the respectful choice of words. Tongue Very christian of you.
I am not about to go and look through a bunch of your threads, but in fact you stated it as your purpose about a year ago.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-02-2013, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 02:54 PM by kim.)
(10-02-2013 01:27 PM)smidgen Wrote:  
(10-02-2013 12:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  I guess I'm just not used to it because my friends don't seem to really care what my view points are they just say that they are wrong and I shouldn't think this way.
fixt.

Big Grin
Ha - funny, but scarily true!

Right now Smidge, you are in a bit of a holding pattern which is great; you are aware of your own unbelief and that's great - take all the time you need to relax into your newly outed self and explore your self awareness. It's got to be a freeing experience. Thumbsup

However, soon you might want sharpen skills in order to relate to the dick wads out there who will challenge your self awareness. Being on a forum like this can help with that. Think of it as a secure learning environment. Hee hee - think of it as sharpening some thorns to sink into your theist friends' sides when they start poking you with god sticks. Wink

re: OP
When theists come here, some are coming to preach & troll of course, but some come to find out just what the hell is going on with these stupid atheist fucks who don't "know the truth". And others, like Kingsy and Egor - and there have been others - who have found themselves at odds with others of their own ilk. Some just earnestly want to find out what atheists know and why they know it that way.

Contrary to ... well, anything Egor says ... no one is here to convert, deconvert, cure, or change anyone ... people come here to have their say and exchange ideas about what's said.
(Now that I think about it... there was a catholic here once who turned into an atheist right in front of me. Kind of pissed me off because I had prepared a really cool argument all weekend, and he up and jumped ship! Dodgy fucker stole my thunder)

One only has control over one's self. <---That's all I came here with. I stated it in my first theist fight on this forum and since that time, it's only strengthened and provided me the ability to alter my own point of view when I've encountered reasoning to do so. Thanks to many TTA theist and atheist members, I've been given an abundance of opportunity to tweak me.

I don't know what having theists around does for other people here but for me, it makes me ever more aware of my own "atheist behavior" when I'm out in the real world. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
10-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Yea but we get crazier, just spit it out Egor, I very much look forward to you telling me why I believe in God.

If you're going to troll at least go full potato.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post