Theists on this forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2013, 12:42 PM
RE: Theists on this forum
I think when people answer a question with another question, they didn't really answer the first question.

As much as I like the benefits of being in a relationship, all of the negative crap that comes with it, isn't worth it for me.
I am at my most happiest when single.

As David Spade once said on Rules of Engagement "I'm going to go to whatever I want whenever I want...all the time"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2013, 12:46 PM
(11-02-2013 12:42 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I think when people answer a question with another question, they didn't really answer the first question.
Really?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
11-02-2013, 12:47 PM
(11-02-2013 12:42 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I think when people answer a question with another question, they didn't really answer the first question.

As much as I like the benefits of being in a relationship, all of the negative crap that comes with it, isn't worth it for me.

As David Spade once said on Rules of Engagement "I'm going to go to whatever I want whenever I want...all the time"
I don't know if I'm at my happiest when I'm single or in a relationship. The types of happiness are different I suspect.

I think I'm content either way.
11-02-2013, 12:59 PM
(11-02-2013 12:47 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  

I don't know if I'm at my happiest when I'm single or in a relationship. The types of happiness are different I suspect.

I think I'm content either way.

I was happy in my marriage, we were a good match and we made something of our lives together.
That said - I am never getting married again. Not going through the whole courtship, getting used to each other, adapting to each other crap again. Maybe if I was in my 30s I'd feel differently, but now I just can't be bothered.
There is a lot to be said for a good marriage, but there is also a lot to be said for being single.
At this stage in my life, single rocks and I am going to enjoy everything I like my way. Period.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
11-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Vera - Excellent video Smile

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
11-02-2013, 07:07 PM
(10-02-2013 07:12 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  For many of you, your first time here, as a theist, it might have been a bit overwhelming.
I would have imagined anyone delving into a forum, in which so many people who did not believe as you believed, might have felt uneasy at the least and maybe constantly offended at the most.

Nope. This place is pretty typical.
I feel perfectly comfortable as a biblical theist no matter where I am.

Quote:I am however curious to know if your time here has changed or softened your stance with regards to your religious beliefs ?

The attempted atheist debate case against the Resurrection and the subsequent KCA derail threads made me happy.

Quote:Did you come here thinking that Noah's ark was completely true and now you realize "ok that is a bit unbelievable" ?'/quote]

My understanding of the Noachian Flood account is still intact.

[quote]Maybe you even hold a firm belief in god but also accept that the bible is a complete work of man, comprised of fiction and non-fiction, with entertaining stories along side horrific immoral tales of genocide, slavery and callous disregard for humanity.

Why would I believe in God if the bible was mad-made? Why would I believe in God if His Word contained fiction?
11-02-2013, 07:09 PM
How was it? Yummy?
[Image: hyena.eat.giraffe.jpg]

12-02-2013, 07:21 AM
(11-02-2013 06:53 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Vera - Excellent video Smile
From an excellent film, based on an even excellenter play (yeah, I know that's not a proper form, so whoever was thinking of shoving their presumed intellectual superiority in my face - bugger off).

(This is what I meant to say before that creature came slinking in, his maw dripping with stupid.)

12-02-2013, 10:11 AM
(11-02-2013 07:07 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Why would I believe in God if the bible was mad-made? Why would I believe in God if His Word contained fiction?
The bible's outdated! Everyone knows the Qur'an is the final word of god. Why would so many people believe in it if it was mad(sic)-made?

Next question, please.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
12-02-2013, 10:14 AM
(12-02-2013 10:11 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 07:07 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Why would I believe in God if the bible was mad-made? Why would I believe in God if His Word contained fiction?
The bible's outdated! Everyone knows the Qur'an is the final word of god. Why would so many people believe in it if it was mad(sic)-made?

Next question, please.

How can you even think that? The Book of Mormon supersedes all.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post