Theists on this forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 04:00 PM
RE: Theists on this forum
(13-02-2013 03:46 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:When has a atheist knocked on your door on a weekend after having a hang over? when has a atheist sent garbage bullshit in your mail? when has a atheist phoned you to donate money to build a church in Africa? when has an Atheist stand on a soap box in a public area to preach? Any action an atheist does is normally a reaction to a theists action.
Obviously you have limited experience of public forums (the ones not on PCs). Smile
C. Hitchens was on TV all the time when I was trying to watch cartoons, for gosh sake.
Oh, wait, I almost forgot. Atheists slaughtered tens of millions of my countrymen overseas in the last Century while the Christians preached and raised money for churches.
Hitchens was on your cartoon channels?

Atheists slaughtered noone in the name of atheism, atheist is an answer to a question.."is there a god?". Now the ideology of some atheists in the 20th century can be blamed but I cant see how atheism could be.

Unlike religious people, that do evil things in the name of their religion. Just because they believe they are doing what god wants ( like fire bomb abortion clinics, not going to a doctor with sick children because they believe prayer works, resulting in the death of their children) . Huge difference.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2013, 04:01 PM
(13-02-2013 03:46 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Oh, wait, I almost forgot. Atheists slaughtered tens of millions of my countrymen overseas in the last Century
Where exactly was that? And what were you countrymen doing overseas? (And don't even think of saying WWII).

Quote:while the Christians preached and raised money for churches.

And this is a good thing why exactly? What this world needs is less (even no) preaching and churches, not more. You, leeches, have been sucking the world dry and subjugating the poor, for centuries. You've done enough. Time your mythology went the way of all the rest before it. It seems to be taking its sweet time, but its death rattle is getting louder by the hour, that's why we are being subjected to infestations by the likes of you.

But no matter how much you stomp your feet on the ground, Xtianity is dying and the last desperate ones, who are clinging to it for dear life (because the idea of their own mortality scares them witless... not that they had much wits to begin with), are becoming more and more of a joke with each passing day.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 6 users Like Vera's post
13-02-2013, 08:39 PM
(13-02-2013 04:01 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 03:46 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Oh, wait, I almost forgot. Atheists slaughtered tens of millions of my countrymen overseas in the last Century
Where exactly was that? And what were you countrymen doing overseas? (And don't even think of saying WWII).

And this is a good thing why exactly? What this world needs is less (even no) preaching and churches, not more. You, leeches, have been sucking the world dry and subjugating the poor, for centuries. You've done enough. Time your mythology went the way of all the rest before it. It seems to be taking its sweet time, but its death rattle is getting louder by the hour, that's why we are being subjected to infestations by the likes of you.

But no matter how much you stomp your feet on the ground, Xtianity is dying and the last desperate ones, who are clinging to it for dear life (because the idea of their own mortality scares them witless... not that they had much wits to begin with), are becoming more and more of a joke with each passing day.

Nice rant Vera!

I wish I would have thought of the following quotes but, alas, I didn't. However they seem perfect for the moment.

Civilization will not attain to its perfection until the last stone from the last church falls
on the last priest.
- Emile Zola

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Bill Waterson creator of Calvin & Hobbes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
13-02-2013, 08:56 PM
(13-02-2013 04:01 PM)Vera Wrote:  

Oooh! Ohmy

New Word for the Day:

Verhemence

14-02-2013, 03:19 AM
(13-02-2013 08:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  New Word for the Day:
Verhemence
Verily! Almost a verage... or vire Dodgy

Seriously, there is only so much self-righteous imbecility I can take. And I work with stupid so that quota is already filled. I'm tired of all those idiotic, barely coherent trolls, buzzing around here like some sort of particularly obnoxious gnats, peddling crap about morality and compassion. When all there is to it is the fear, conscious of subconscious, of a ego, unable to accept its ultimate unimportance to everyone else but a handful of other equally unimportant (in the grand scheme of things) egos.

What gets me though, is how they don't end up with neck trauma from all that trying to look down on people who are mentally (and in most of cases, morally) above them. That's some major acrobatics going on right there.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
14-02-2013, 04:07 AM
(13-02-2013 03:46 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:When has a atheist knocked on your door on a weekend after having a hang over? when has a atheist sent garbage bullshit in your mail? when has a atheist phoned you to donate money to build a church in Africa? when has an Atheist stand on a soap box in a public area to preach? Any action an atheist does is normally a reaction to a theists action.
Obviously you have limited experience of public forums (the ones not on PCs). Smile
C. Hitchens was on TV all the time when I was trying to watch cartoons, for gosh sake.
Oh, wait, I almost forgot. Atheists slaughtered tens of millions of my countrymen overseas in the last Century while the Christians preached and raised money for churches.

Once again, your level of willful ignorance is astounding in both the speed and depth of the holes you dig yourself into.

[Image: tumblr_mbwiz0TZVM1qgnx3ko1_500.jpg]

And also keep in mind that atheism is not a code, a creed, or a belief. It is merely the rejection of your woefully unsupported claims for the existence of your god. While I truly wish that the conversation had evolved to the point where pointing out the fucking obvious like this was no longer required, you have shown time and again that your level of comprehension is somewhere between that of a prepubescent child and a cat chasing a ball of tin foil.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-02-2013, 05:08 PM
(13-02-2013 01:08 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ...LionIRC,
Can you ask yourself this question...

Why would someone who has been repeatedly been told (and been shown scientific evidence) that the pills they are taking are merely placebos, keep taking the pills?

I dont think it is reasonable to take pills which you know are useless or, worse still, to keep taking pills you know are harmful.
If you know of people who do such a foolish thing, go and ask THEM the question.

(13-02-2013 01:08 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ..Why do people who have certain knowledge that it makes no difference whether or not you step on the cracks in the pavement, keep avoiding them?

You're gonna have to ask someone else because I dont know any such strawmen people well enough to speak on their behalf. Are you certain that people who dont care about the cracks actually do try to avoid them? If they think it makes no difference why would they deliberately make an effort to avoid stepping on the cracks?
14-02-2013, 05:13 PM
(14-02-2013 04:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  ...And also keep in mind that atheism is not a code, a creed, or a belief....

I think atheism is a belief. A belief in the "no God hypothesis"

It arguably also qualifies as a metaphysical construct, viz; atheology
14-02-2013, 05:27 PM
(14-02-2013 05:13 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(14-02-2013 04:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  ...And also keep in mind that atheism is not a code, a creed, or a belief....

I think atheism is a belief. A belief in the "no God hypothesis"

Gnostic Atheism is. Agnostic atheism is not. Are you aware of the difference?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

14-02-2013, 05:28 PM
(14-02-2013 05:27 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  
(14-02-2013 05:13 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  I think atheism is a belief. A belief in the "no God hypothesis"

Gnostic Atheism is. Agnostic atheism is not. Are you aware of the difference?

Agnostic and Atheist are two different words. Yes. I'm aware of the difference.

(13-02-2013 04:00 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  ...atheist is an answer to a question.."is there a god?"

And the answer is an unsupported, probabalistic statement of belief.