Poll: How strongly do you desire to convert those who don't already share them to your religious beliefs?
It is important to spread religion to heathens .. maybe for their sake, maybe for the glory of god or maybe just to get another notch on my belt.
Given a receptive heathen, I at least like to make what I think are the best arguments I know for believing in God/gods.
I'm always happy to say why I'm happy that I believe in God if anyone wants to know. Otherwise, to each his own.
I just prefer to avoid discussing religious beliefs with others in real life.
If asked, I'm happy to say why I don't believe in God. Otherwise, live and let live.
In the company of a believer who really wants to know why I don't believe, I welcome the opportunity to lay out what I think are the best reasons for rejecting the existence of gods.
It is important to bring believers into the light of reason .. maybe for their sake, maybe for the good of the human race or maybe just to see if I can.
All polls are lame or at least this one is.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Theists or not, how eager are you to convert others?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2016, 02:29 PM
RE: Theists or not, how eager are you to convert others?
Believe it or not I have better things to do than worry about what other people think. If I meet a street preacher I'll listen, and if he/she chooses to engage I'll do that. But otherwise I got things that need doing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2017, 06:42 PM
(17-12-2016 01:33 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Deconverting others isn't something that I do - I despise religion but people are free to believe what I deem barbaric bullshit.

Same. Plus the times I've bothered to explain to a delusional person why I don't believe it falls on deaf ears. At best I get a nod in agreement but it always end in "that's why you need faith". Facepalm
01-01-2017, 06:45 PM
Frankly, making it known that you don't believe in God is enough. People generally will go on believing whatever they are told to if everyone around them believes it. Just them seeing that people are agnostic/atheist is enough to give them a chance to rethink their beliefs.
02-01-2017, 01:16 AM
(01-01-2017 06:42 PM)SkeptiCal Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 01:33 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Deconverting others isn't something that I do - I despise religion but people are free to believe what I deem barbaric bullshit.

Same. Plus the times I've bothered to explain to a delusional person why I don't believe it falls on deaf ears. At best I get a nod in agreement but it always end in "that's why you need faith". Facepalm

And that's why I don't bother with theists.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post