Theists, what brings you to TTA?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2015, 10:48 PM
RE: Theists, what brings you to TTA?
(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  EvolutionKills,

This is gonna be short and to the point.

Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
16-10-2015, 10:49 PM
(16-10-2015 08:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-10-2015 09:51 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Faith, from the Latin fides, means trust. It is knowledge which should be evaluated by the source. I have faith that New Zealand exists and I consider this reasonable since I consider the maps and such that I have seen to be reliable. Having absolute Faith in God is considered reasonable by most Christians since they consider God to be eternally truthfull, living, good etc.
Instead of saying Faith is belief without evidence, I think that saying Faith is belief without experience. Faith and experience are our two methods of gaining knowledge. This I believe makes more sense since if Jesus existed as portrayed in the Gospels as most Christians affirm, than would we not have to say that the apostles had no Faith in Jesus.

There is evidence that New Zealand exists - that does not require faith.

Your faith in God is belief without evidence.

Faith does not provide knowledge. Never has, never will.
Bs.
16-10-2015, 10:56 PM
(16-10-2015 09:09 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 08:14 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I am not likened to a damned salesman in any way. Salesmen prey on vulnerable people. Y'all are supposed to be able minded. I'm not preying on anyone, nor selling anything. Salesmen are greedy and manipulative. I am neither.

Sin is an imaginary disease invented to sell you the imaginary cure of salvation.

You are an active part of advocating for this scam. When elderly people on fixed income choose to donate 'seed money' to mega-pastors instead of paying their already past-due rent, it is because of their faith, a belief structure that you help create and maintain. When people chose to pray away their cancer, or refuse to take their children to the hospital for their diabetes, and they subsequently die in terrible pain and agony; it's because of a scam you helped create and maintain.

You are a snake-oil salesman, and you give cover to other charlatans. So fuck you. Drinking Beverage
Please stop comparing me to, and associating me with crooks and the damned. I want nothing from anyone. Not selling anything. Trying to promote thought that could lead to the betterment of all existence. It's free. And you don't need me are a pastor, or priest to get right with existence and God. Everyone has a conscience. Just been out of order for a while maybe.
Maybe you are already a selfless giving person. With a little research and understanding you can start to see that all isn't just this little partial existence that we know through this life.
16-10-2015, 10:56 PM
(16-10-2015 10:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  EvolutionKills,

This is gonna be short and to the point.

Blink
Oops.
[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post
16-10-2015, 10:57 PM
(16-10-2015 10:49 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 08:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is evidence that New Zealand exists - that does not require faith.

Your faith in God is belief without evidence.

Faith does not provide knowledge. Never has, never will.
Bs.

No, actually all of that is legitimately true, And you admit so if you admit Faith isn't merely Knowledge.

You repeatedly demonstrate you have such a limited scope to how the human minds operate. And yes, any amount of knowledge, even expressively needed knowledge like how to maintain body functions to survive can be lost.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
16-10-2015, 10:59 PM
(16-10-2015 10:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Tried, can't. Can't access through tapatalk. Already cleared some memory yesterday, to no avail, evidently. Will see if yo can find a mass delete option.

Deleting PMs from your inbox places them in a trash can folder. They have to be erased from that folder before the memory is freed.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
16-10-2015, 11:04 PM
(16-10-2015 10:57 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 10:49 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Bs.

No, actually all of that is legitimately true, And you admit so if you admit Faith isn't merely Knowledge.

You repeatedly demonstrate you have such a limited scope to how the human minds operate. And yes, any amount of knowledge, even expressively needed knowledge like how to maintain body functions to survive can be lost.
What does that have to do with someone who has no Faith stating that Faith cannot give knowledge, and me calling Bs on that statement?
16-10-2015, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2015 11:16 PM by ClydeLee.)
(16-10-2015 11:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 10:57 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  No, actually all of that is legitimately true, And you admit so if you admit Faith isn't merely Knowledge.

What does that have to do with someone who has no Faith stating that Faith cannot give knowledge, and me calling Bs on that statement?

That's entirely what it is. Because it's true by your working definitions of faith, and the 2nd part was in response to what you said to me earlier, I guess that confused you, idk what else you have issue with?

(after all, you're the one who said merely BS, to 3 separate statements yet now you act like someone should of known that was on the statement that no faith cannot give knowledge) How do you expect to be interpenetrated sensibly when you don't speak sensibly?

Do you not get how magical pixie dust you maintain faith is. Firstly you proclaim Faith is knowledge, then it's not just knowledge but TRUE knowledge, and unforgettable knowledge, but then it's also something that GIVES knowledge. So it's not knowledge, it's what gives knowledge and doesn't take away knowledge. But you can have partial faith somehow, yet that is forgettable. So it's not true faith, then why call it partial faith. How is it "partial faith" if it isn't faith in any way you actually describe it. Everything you do within this context of faith is demonstrably flawed by looking back at the previous statements. It doesn't lead anywhere but you spouting an answer you think fits that second, that doesn't match what you say to the next person.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-10-2015, 11:45 PM
(16-10-2015 11:12 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 11:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What does that have to do with someone who has no Faith stating that Faith cannot give knowledge, and me calling Bs on that statement?

That's entirely what it is. Because it's true by your working definitions of faith, and the 2nd part was in response to what you said to me earlier, I guess that confused you, idk what else you have issue with?

(after all, you're the one who said merely BS, to 3 separate statements yet now you act like someone should of known that was on the statement that no faith cannot give knowledge) How do you expect to be interpenetrated sensibly when you don't speak sensibly?

Do you not get how magical pixie dust you maintain faith is. Firstly you proclaim Faith is knowledge, then it's not just knowledge but TRUE knowledge, and unforgettable knowledge, but then it's also something that GIVES knowledge. So it's not knowledge, it's what gives knowledge and doesn't take away knowledge. But you can have partial faith somehow, yet that is forgettable. So it's not true faith, then why call it partial faith. How is it "partial faith" if it isn't faith in any way you actually describe it. Everything you do within this context of faith is demonstrably flawed by looking back at the previous statements. It doesn't lead anywhere but you spouting an answer you think fits that second, that doesn't match what you say to the next person.
That's just not true. Faith can be seen as usable knowledge. It is knowing something without physical evidence for third parties. It can be a means of attaining additional knowledge as it goes hand in hand with patience. Through patience one will eventually understand what God's purpose was for things that happened to you. Many things are learned through observation. Patience and perseverance allow for unbiased observation of reality without interference for greedy reasons leading to manipulated perception.
Faith is the knowledge of God. God is eternal. Possibilities are endless. Just because my words cannot accurately capture the essence of faith fully doesn't mean that it isn't a miraculous and marvelous thing that by its nature and source pertains to everything.
16-10-2015, 11:48 PM
(16-10-2015 11:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That's just not true. Faith can be seen as usable knowledge.

Yes, it can be seen as that.

Unfortunately, that does not make it so.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 6 users Like Unbeliever's post