Theists, what brings you to TTA?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2015, 12:00 AM
RE: Theists, what brings you to TTA?
(16-10-2015 11:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 11:12 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  That's entirely what it is. Because it's true by your working definitions of faith, and the 2nd part was in response to what you said to me earlier, I guess that confused you, idk what else you have issue with?

(after all, you're the one who said merely BS, to 3 separate statements yet now you act like someone should of known that was on the statement that no faith cannot give knowledge) How do you expect to be interpenetrated sensibly when you don't speak sensibly?

Do you not get how magical pixie dust you maintain faith is. Firstly you proclaim Faith is knowledge, then it's not just knowledge but TRUE knowledge, and unforgettable knowledge, but then it's also something that GIVES knowledge. So it's not knowledge, it's what gives knowledge and doesn't take away knowledge. But you can have partial faith somehow, yet that is forgettable. So it's not true faith, then why call it partial faith. How is it "partial faith" if it isn't faith in any way you actually describe it. Everything you do within this context of faith is demonstrably flawed by looking back at the previous statements. It doesn't lead anywhere but you spouting an answer you think fits that second, that doesn't match what you say to the next person.
That's just not true. Faith can be seen as usable knowledge. It is knowing something without physical evidence for third parties. It can be a means of attaining additional knowledge as it goes hand in hand with patience. Through patience one will eventually understand what God's purpose was for things that happened to you. Many things are learned through observation. Patience and perseverance allow for unbiased observation of reality without interference for greedy reasons leading to manipulated perception.
Faith is the knowledge of God. God is eternal. Possibilities are endless. Just because my words cannot accurately capture the essence of faith fully doesn't mean that it isn't a miraculous and marvelous thing that by its nature and source pertains to everything.

Again all of it is just assumptions. yes you can assume God's purpose for you, if you want to... you can assume it's knowledge of God and not just proclaimed knowledge. Why would faith be a concept that matters. Why have miraculous & marvelous and the ordinary something you think.

How do YOU Distinguish faith knowledge and regular knowledge? What is miraculous and what is just ordinary?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2015, 12:32 AM
(17-10-2015 12:00 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 11:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That's just not true. Faith can be seen as usable knowledge. It is knowing something without physical evidence for third parties. It can be a means of attaining additional knowledge as it goes hand in hand with patience. Through patience one will eventually understand what God's purpose was for things that happened to you. Many things are learned through observation. Patience and perseverance allow for unbiased observation of reality without interference for greedy reasons leading to manipulated perception.
Faith is the knowledge of God. God is eternal. Possibilities are endless. Just because my words cannot accurately capture the essence of faith fully doesn't mean that it isn't a miraculous and marvelous thing that by its nature and source pertains to everything.

Again all of it is just assumptions. yes you can assume God's purpose for you, if you want to... you can assume it's knowledge of God and not just proclaimed knowledge. Why would faith be a concept that matters. Why have miraculous & marvelous and the ordinary something you think.

How do YOU Distinguish faith knowledge and regular knowledge? What is miraculous and what is just ordinary?
Why would you need to distinguish between the two. Knowledge is useable for a purpose. Gods purpose for us and faith in us is wholly good for all existence. I mean knowledge is either potential for good or bad. Positive or negative. The fruits of one's labors will show their direction. The word and work of God will always be peaceful and for the betterment of all with no negative effect for any.
17-10-2015, 12:42 AM
(17-10-2015 12:32 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 12:00 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How do YOU Distinguish faith knowledge and regular knowledge? What is miraculous and what is just ordinary?

Why would you need to distinguish between the two.

Because they are not equivalent.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
17-10-2015, 12:43 AM
(17-10-2015 12:32 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 12:00 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Again all of it is just assumptions. yes you can assume God's purpose for you, if you want to... you can assume it's knowledge of God and not just proclaimed knowledge. Why would faith be a concept that matters. Why have miraculous & marvelous and the ordinary something you think.

Why would you need to distinguish between the two. Knowledge is useable for a purpose. Gods purpose for us and faith in us is wholly good for all existence. I mean knowledge is either potential for good or bad. Positive or negative. The fruits of one's labors will show their direction. The word and work of God will always be peaceful and for the betterment of all with no negative effect for any.

You are distinguishing them... what do you mean by asking that? do you not get that? When you persist they have different values and different methods of being achieved, then you're distinguishing them.

You literally are talking about a difference in your comments right here. How illogical can you continue to be, it'll be a trip to see.

17-10-2015, 12:47 AM
(17-10-2015 12:43 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 12:32 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Why would you need to distinguish between the two. Knowledge is useable for a purpose. Gods purpose for us and faith in us is wholly good for all existence. I mean knowledge is either potential for good or bad. Positive or negative. The fruits of one's labors will show their direction. The word and work of God will always be peaceful and for the betterment of all with no negative effect for any.

You are distinguishing them... what do you mean by asking that? do you not get that? When you persist they have different values and different methods of being achieved, then you're distinguishing them.

You literally are talking about a difference in your comments right here. How illogical can you continue to be, it'll be a trip to see.
Like I said, I can partially explain things. By doing so I am not limiting them. This seems to be a small problem with secular thinking.
17-10-2015, 01:00 AM
(17-10-2015 12:47 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 12:43 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You are distinguishing them... what do you mean by asking that? do you not get that? When you persist they have different values and different methods of being achieved, then you're distinguishing them.

Like I said, I can partially explain things. By doing so I am not limiting them. This seems to be a small problem with secular thinking.

Perhaps you should try to learn things better other than assert it when you can't explain better ways. You could actually doubt yourself as well you know.

Otherwise learn how to you think that the truth is. You are saying, One system is all good, another system can be good or bad. Why do you think you even know what you're talking about. You're just as likely to be wrong as your problem with secular thinking.

17-10-2015, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2015 07:13 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  EvolutionKills,

This is gonna be short and to the point.

Laugh out load

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My claims and assertions are based in personal experience, a life of introspection and observation, and were made into undeniable fact through the intervention of the very thing that you assume is fake.

Personal, subjective, unverifiable experiences are easily deniable, and not at all considered 'objective fact'; which just goes to show that you don't have a fucking idea what a 'fact' is.

-An observation that has been confirmed repeatedly and is accepted as true (although its truth is never final).

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It is also continually verified through scripture that is from different times and regions and span all written history. So for me it isn't baseless assertion at all.

Written history predates your Bible, and in fact shows us the polytheistic pagan origins of the Abrahamic faiths; and this is the professional consensus of the majority of biblical studies majors, archaeologists, and cultural anthropologists.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Nothing flowery about it. Ignorance would be due to lack of thought and research and experience. Indeed not the case for me.

Everything you write belies your complete ineptitude and lack of education; you wouldn't know 'research' if it kicked you in the ass.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If you haven't noticed I'm not generally influenced by people. To be influenced and verified through peaceable scriptures can't really be seen as some hidden agenda by said writings, as they all teach the same thing, and it is equally benificial[sic] to all, not a specific few.

They all teach the same thing? Then please explain the existence of 35,000+ Christian denominations alone. Drinking Beverage

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  To deny things cause you haven't personally witnessed them seems like a crummy way to learn, and a good way to attain a closed, linear thought process.

I can claim to have had personal experience of a flying, invisible, pink elephant. Should you take my claim for this experience at face value? According to you, you most certainly should.

So are you going bow down to my flying, invisible, pink elephant? No? That's what I thought, you fucking dolt... Facepalm

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My Faith wasn't through indoctrination and I do not seek the indoctrination of others, as true Faith would come from truthful introspection and research, not from me. I have more than pondered the possibility of my being wrong all through life. Without near constant question one cannot learn. I have questioned my newly found direction under God for over five years now. That's definitely a big part of my sincerity.

You cannot both question your 'faith' while claiming unwavering 'faith'. You do get how that's a contradiction, right?

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So how am I wrong? I would love to test what you assume against what I know.

You are wrong, because you are not evidently right. Null hypothesis bitch.

You don't get the benefit of the doubt, you are not assumed to be right unless proven otherwise. You need to put in the work, provide the evidence in favor of your position. Once again, unverifiable, personal, subjective experiences are not evidence for anything outside of your own flawed perception. Every religion makes those same claims, none of them can be shown to be evidently true or in any way to correlate to anything measurable or demonstrable outside of chemicals in the brain; none of them have shown to be evidence in favor of the super natural or the divine.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm here to induce productive thought that could lead to real direction for the sake and benifit[sic] of all existence. I still question everything to some extent, however at some point, one must accept the things they have learned at some point. Especially if it isn't ever proven wrong in any way.

Once again, assuming you are right is the best way to forever be wrong. That's the difference between your weak ass credulity, and the scientific method. The scientific method never just assumes anything is correct, and we only give a semblance of credibility to something after we've tried really hard to prove it wrong and have failed. Hence why evolution is one of the strongest theories in science, because it's core ideas have withstood over 150 years of the toughest scrutiny in history, and it has withstood the challenge. Your monotheistic faith was being challenged by philosophical thinkers that predated it's own creation, with questions that it still cannot adequately answer.

See Also: Epicurus

You don't get anywhere constructive assuming god.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Tell me; how would one have thoughts that they cannot think? My Faith isn't attained from lack of thought and doubt. Thought and doubt just make it stronger.

If you cannot seriously contemplate that you are wrong, which judging by your writing you are clearly incapable of, then you have thoughts you cannot think.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Gullible would be someone who takes things for granted.

Also called 'faith', because both are believing things without evidence (aka taking it for granted).

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have never taken much for granted. I don't expect anyone else to either.

Yet you never provide evidence? Either you think you have evidence, which belies your own ignorance. Or you know you have no evidence, which belies your own dishonesty.

Pick one.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  To be so niave as to assume that all ancients that wrote of life and existence and the significance thereof within all written time were all completely wrong and you are totally right is foolish.

Wrong fucknuts, assuming they are correct without evidence is the very definition of "gullibility", because once again, that's "believing something without evidence", which you like to call "faith".

Congratulations, you think your credulity is a strength, when it is in fact your greatest weakness. All you need to believe in something is for it to be written in an old book, a story created by our superstitious and ignorant ancestors, with no evidence to back it up; and every time we can falsify a claim made in those stories (such as a global flood), they are always shown to be false.

Good thing they didn't wax poetic on the spiritual benefits of stimulating your prostate through the anus, or else your fridge would be filled with cucumbers and KY lube. Weeping

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Science and true Faith[sic] work together easily and completely.

Faith is not a proper noun, stop capitalizing it.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You are just childish in your stubborn linear thought, or the lack of opened mindedness in favor of what you are fed by society.

A mind so open your brain falls out does you no good.

I just require evidence before I take on a positive belief, whereas you assume any shit you want is true and demand that others accept it as true until it's proven false. Going by that logic, we could fill encyclopedias full of useless and unverifiable 'facts'. For example, there exists a walrus juggling skulls on a table on the surface of Pluto. Now is that a fact just because you cannot go to Pluto and prove that there is not a skull juggling walrus on it's surface? No, it is not. Your thinking is akin to assuming the juggling walrus is a fact, wheres the rest of us won't accept that claim as fact unless there is actual evidence to support the existence of a skull juggling walrus on Pluto.

And no, reading ancient stories about the skull juggling walrus on Pluto, or just feeling really sure it is true or that the idea of it being true makes you happy or a more moral person, is not evidence indicative of an actual skull juggling walrus on Pluto. None of that is verifiable evidence, and thus the claim of the walrus' skull juggling existence is not factual.

This is why your thinking is flawed, because you have no way outside of your subjective 'feels' to distinguish between what is and is not factually true; and by all rights you should accept any claim as true, even the obviously contradictory ones. It does nobody else any good, and none of us have any fucking reason to take your opinions seriously, because they are ignorant and uninformed.

Lean how to actually think critically, because you suck at it.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, you said they were faking.

No I didn't jackass. You implied they were fakers, because you said they didn't have true 'faith', because anyone who had true 'faith' couldn't lose it. Even though there is nothing in the definition of faith that denotes that it is permanent, and you adding that superfluous caveat was just your way of attempting to distance them from yourself.

Once again, learn how to think critically, because you suck at it.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Never said I was the only one to ever have faith here. Anyone can come across knowledge of they apply themselves. It helps to be honest and introspective though as self deceit can lie deep within dark corners.

I'm sure the irony of this is lost upon you.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You sure do assume a lot.

Funny, coming from the person who assumes ancient stories written by ignorant ancestors without evidence are true by default.

But no, tell me again how I do all the assuming. Drinking Beverage

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Never said I am the only one capable of anything. I generally say the opposite. But once someone knows something, to reapratedly[sic] question it is not efficient. You do not know what I question at all. More assumption.

All I have is your actions to go on, and you act like an incredulous fool that lacks any capability at introspection. You also contradict yourself constantly, claiming to both question your faith while having unwavering faith, and to be introspective while bemoaning questioning yourself. Which is it dumbass? You cannot have it both ways.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You say you can change your mind, and I'm glad. I can too. Please say saomething[sic] to help me alter my knowledge base. Give me something I can use, cause the repeated personal attack and assumption is really old and weak. Kinda makes you look like a hypocrite. Just sayin.[sic] Not bein[sic] negative.

You've given zero indication that you are capable of that, all you've done is spout platitudes and ignorance. You didn't come here and ask for our opinions, you didn't come here to challenge your beliefs and see if they really stand up to scrutiny, you didn't comer here to actually attempt to learn.

You rely upon a non-evidence based epistemology built upon your 'feels' and without any outside checks, no way to verify anything objectively. It is an extremely poor way to get to the truth about anything, and worst of all, since it has no falsification it has no way of ever correcting any mistakes it makes.

But I cannot make you value evidence, all I can do is point at it's infinitely superior track record of actually figuring out how shit works and getting to the core of what is evidently true. But you don't seem to care about what is evidently true, so much as whatever makes you feel better in believing is true. You seemingly operate on feels, not evidence.

The universe and reality doesn't give a fuck about you and your feels, and the sooner you realize that the better off you'll be.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  God does make Faith unshakeable in some cases.

God doesn't do shit, because he evidently doesn't exist.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Sin is everywhere and rooted deep.

If it's everywhere, then it should be easy to prove. What is sin made out of? How can you measure it? How much does it weigh? How does it interact with the rest of reality? What is it's electric charge?

[Image: its-magic-i-aint-gotta-explain-shit2.jpg]

Also, realize that magical answers don't count.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's not that God isn't obvious. It's that you have been manipulated from birth till now.

Doesn't follow, our culture is saturated with religion and supernatural bullshit. Plus there exists populations of people secluded from our civilization, who either have vastly different supernatural ideas or who lack any beliefs in gods. How have they been 'manipulated', outside of you assuming that your god made them that way? How is learning to value an evidence based epistemology, because it fucking works, anything close to religious indoctrination?

ProTip: You don't need to indoctrinate children before the age of reason if you have facts on your side. This is why religious ideas are far, far harder to get adults to accept cold turkey; and why religions have historically had such an interest in the 'education' of children.

You cannot, because you're a fucking hack.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's difficult to swallow such a large pill as that truth all at once.

You have no evidence, and thus you have no truth. That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Faith and salvation are easy once you realize that you have been lied to by principalities that profit from your naive submission with every step you take.

They're easy to accept if you uncritically accept claims without evidence to back them up. Fortunately, the rest of us are not nearly as credulous as you.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  We are given all existence that we can observe. We have infinite opportunity, we can cause terrible pain under selfish, greed direction. There has bein[sic] a belief in a creative source throughout all of man's existence.

Which indicates what? That your personal subjective interpretation of your supposedly omnipotent emotionally stunted trans-dimensional space wizard actually exists and has opinions about what we do when we're naked? Fuck you.

At most, it indicated that the vast majority of humans share similar baseline psychological and cognitive biases; such as a penchant for post-hoc rationalization, making false-positive mistakes, miss-remembering our miss-perceptions, our ability to attribute anthropomorphic properties to inanimate objects, our dislike of cognitive dissonance, and our desire for certainty and the frequently wrong cognitive shortcuts we use to get there.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  History repeats itself and will continue to, to a point. Like I said, faith grows over time with truthful direction and real research. You can't have a predisposition though.

Assuming your conclusion is the very definition of having a predisposition. Facepalm

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The prerequisite to heaven is rightious[sic] living without greed and material want through a thankful respect for existence and the creator of said existence. This can only be be done through the self sacrifice of greed and self under the direction of God. Still sound like flowery, fluffnstuff?[sic]

Yes, it is still all a bunch of flowery, unverifiable, fluffy bullshit. Not only that, but there are thousands of other Christian denominations that disagree with you, and can site chapter and verse to back up their own subjective conclusions. To any neutral outside observer, it's a cluster-fuck of presupposition.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All gods are subsidiary and where created by God.

Nice assertion.

Prove it.

With evidence.

[Image: no-empirical-evidence-g-t-f-o-thumb.jpg]

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Names are useless except for division. This is a huge issue. All peaceful giving scripture leads to one God of all creation that is loving, giving, merciful, long suffering, patient, just, all knowing and so forth.

I think the ancient Hebrew, who worshiped Yahweh Sabaoth the Lord of Hosts (Armies), would emphatically disagree with you.

How loving was the supposed drowning of the world? How loving was the bashing of the children on the rocks? How loving was killing all the first born of Egypt?

How loving is the sentence of eternal torture for thought crime?

You have nothing but empty assertions and subjective feels, and nobody here has any reason to take your baseless assertions any more seriously than those any any other charlatan pushing tarot cards, magnetic bracelets, homeopathy, psychic healing, or any other person peddling any other religion. You are all in the same category.

You are a used car salesman for your faith. You are no more trustworthy than a snake oil salesman.

You are a charlatan.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Hidden away in some scripture you can even find pieces that suggest the naming of God is the work of the opposing direction. All scriptures I have read that are peaceful speak of unity. Naming the Creator leads to division and all level of pain on global levels. That is wholly contradictory to scripture and is shown to be such through testing against scripture.

Sure, you can read whatever you want into it if you subjectively cherry pick scriptures and only keep the parts you like. Rolleyes

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not swearing not to change my mind. I learn stuff daily. Faith, isn't a question or a fancy, it is fact.

Faith is the exact opposite of fact you fucking idiot. If you had a fact, if it was objectively verifiable, you wouldn't need faith to believe in it; because it would be evidently true. Facepalm

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Still, I insist for the sake of learning, pleas to give me some compelling thing that makes me question my Faith.

How about the fact that your fundamental baseline assumptions are wrong? Your thinking is flawed, and you need to reexamine everything in light of fallibility, the burden of proof, and a critical examination of what constitutes good verifiable evidence.

Your thinking is flawed right down to the very foundations, and nothing short of tearing the entire structure down and rebuilding from the very bedrock will fix your myriad problems.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What thoughts am I advised against having except for those that lead to a negative ,greedy act?

Generally speaking, blaspheming against the holy spirit is the only unforgivable sin; so any thoughts that skirts or crosses over that line would forever mark you for hell and damnation. Now because I'm don't believe in fanciful bullshit without evidence, I need not fear the threat of hell.

So fuck god, and fuck the holy spirit. Fuck them for allowing suffering on a scale not comprehensible to the human mind. Now I can 'blaspheme' all I want, because there is no god to offend, only ignorant fucks who get butt-hurt when you point that out.

ProTip: Blaspheme is a fancy word meant to make it sound more important than the fact that all blasphemy is really used for is to quash dissidence when those in power get butt-hurt at those questioning the orthodoxy.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Blah blah blah, ok[sic] tell me what free thought you have that I do not have. Show me how your beliefs and scientific facts being wholly encompassed by my Faith[sic] is due to the lack of thought and understanding on MY part.

You don't understand what words mean, constantly contradict yourself, you capitalize words that are not proper nouns, and your grammar sucks.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You personally attack and assume in a childish fearful manner, as you blindly accuse me of fear and absence of though.[sic] People are afraid of what they don't know they say. It is apparent with you.

Thou doth project too much.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That was a really long post that said a whole lotta[sic] nothing.

No shit. Next time save us all the trouble and just keep it to...

1 - I assume things are true until proven otherwise.
2 - 'Otherwise' is determined on a whim by my own subjective experience.

(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Kudos on staying the course of hypocrisy and fear coupled with willful ignorance and childlike defence[sic] mechanisms. Makes for great productive convo.[sic]

You wouldn't know a constructive conversation if it bitch slapped you across the face with a metric fuck-ton of ownage.

Which I just did.

You're welcome. Drinking Beverage

[Image: when-you-amp-039-re-about-to-give-a-bitch-slap-of-.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-10-2015, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2015 06:59 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(16-10-2015 10:56 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 09:09 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Sin is an imaginary disease invented to sell you the imaginary cure of salvation.

You are an active part of advocating for this scam. When elderly people on fixed income choose to donate 'seed money' to mega-pastors instead of paying their already past-due rent, it is because of their faith, a belief structure that you help create and maintain. When people chose to pray away their cancer, or refuse to take their children to the hospital for their diabetes, and they subsequently die in terrible pain and agony; it's because of a scam you helped create and maintain.

You are a snake-oil salesman, and you give cover to other charlatans. So fuck you. Drinking Beverage
Please stop comparing me to, and associating me with crooks and the damned. I want nothing from anyone. Not selling anything. Trying to promote thought that could lead to the betterment of all existence. It's free. And you don't need me are a pastor, or priest to get right with existence and God. Everyone has a conscience. Just been out of order for a while maybe.
Maybe you are already a selfless giving person. With a little research and understanding you can start to see that all isn't just this little partial existence that we know through this life.

If it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and thinks like a duck, it's most probably a duck.

You are advocating for a non-evidence based epistemology, the same kind of 'feels' based subjectivity masquerading as 'knowledge' that is exploited by all religions and the unscrupulous alike. Every used car salesman, every mega-pastor, every woo-merchant, every snake oil salesman, every scam artist, relies on their marks being susceptible to the same deeply flawed way of thinking you are promoting.

By perpetuating this bullshit, you are aiding and abetting those who would use this type of thinking for their own unscrupulous gain, even if you yourself don't personally do that. You are an accessory, a part of the machine. In pushing your bullshit, you reinforce the kind of thinking that gets people to pray for healing instead of seeking professional medical attention; and when parents do this to their children, innocent lives are lost. Your advocacy of credulity and ignorance in the false guise of knowledge costs very real lives.

So you can continue to go fuck yourself. Drinking Beverage

[Image: images-article-2014-07-14-brooklyn99insi...pamic1.gif][Image: tumblr_my3qxdPqdL1qfdofwo2_250.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-10-2015, 06:22 AM
(16-10-2015 10:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My claims and assertions are based in personal experience, a life of introspection and observation, and were made into undeniable fact through the intervention of the very thing that you assume is fake. It is also continually verified through scripture that is from different times and regions and span all written history.

EK has done a masterful job of eviscerating your nonsense, and touched on this, but I think it deserves a bit more. You've noted more than once that your beliefs are verified by various scriptures written at various times.

First, you are cherry-picking what you think agrees with you and ignoring anything that doesn't. If I understand it, you are claiming some sort of "deeper truth" that all these religions are tapping into while maybe getting details wrong. That's certainly convenient for you but you have yet to demonstrate that there is anything to it.

Second, it is FAR more likely that what you are seeing is that humans are generally uncomfortable with unanswered questions and have a tendency to accept an answer that sounds good but isn't verified over an uncertainty. The people who wrote those scriptures were ignorant of many things but they weren't essentially different than us. They had life experience with other people and nature and a practical knowledge of how things worked even if they didn't know why. It is not at all surprising that many of the stories from various cultures have similar themes.

Third, you are advocating accepting these primitive notions as "truth" despite the availability of much more information and a much greater understanding of just how susceptible we are to irrational thinking. It takes effort to understand that the obvious answers are often wrong. Rejecting the comfortable non-answer in favor of the uncomfortable unknown is not always easy but it is the intellectually honest approach.

Fourth, if you want to live in the bronze age that's your choice but don't think for a moment that it means you have any greater understanding than those of us who have moved on. Your choice to live in your own little bubble of ignorance is not something to be proud of. Accepting reality, including the temporary nature of our personal existence, is not anything to be afraid of; it can be quite liberating.

Last, you can't call something "undeniable fact" and also admit that you have no actual objective evidence for it and expect to be taken seriously. You have no evident facts or knowledge regarding your god concepts. You have a lot of beliefs but no reason for anybody else to treat any of it with anything but derision.

Quote:So for me it isn't baseless assertion at all.

Yes, it is. You may have convinced yourself that it isn't baseless but you are basing your claims solely on your own delusions. The number of other people who have shared similar delusions is not a point in your favor.

You advocate for fear and ignorance over evidence and learning and that I consider to be beneath contempt.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
17-10-2015, 08:01 AM
Evolutionkills,

You can deny whatever you want. That has shit to do with me.

Never said that yt? he nature of existence wasn't dualistic. You can't worship two God's.

Division is by man just like false doctrine.

I couldn't care less if you personally accept what I say or not.

Yeah I get how that could be a contradiction. Our nature makes us to waver. Through Faith one can be still.

Oh really, so why are you so against the possibility of God.

Sorry, a global flood resulting from the end of an ice age has not been proven wrong. Note has anything else that I know. You still assume that things aren't real Or of a certain thing because you can't prove them right or wrong. That's not going with the facts, it's assuming things based on them while denying posibilitis that work within the things thavhave been shown to be true. Anyone who assumes that existence is simply the observable is a fool. An effect cannot be its own cause.

Faith

So I'm wrong because you assume that all on the past were wrong? I am wrong because my theories are irrefutable by scientific fact? I am wrong because I only feel certainty as opposed to the dread most of you feel? To assume that our innermost workings are their just for shits and giggles is a major flaw of secular thinking. As is pain receptors and nerves are useless. As if joy and sorrow aren't indicators of significance and reality.

So now I can't be a certain way because you haven't been that way? Sounds like the rest.

Gotta work, can't waste time n you right now.