Theists, what brings you to TTA?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2015, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2015 10:33 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: Theists, what brings you to TTA?
(17-10-2015 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Evolutionkills,

You can deny whatever you want. That has shit to do with me.

Never said that yt?[sic] he nature of existence wasn't dualistic. You can't worship two God's.[sic]

Division is by man just like false doctrine.

I couldn't care less if you personally accept what I say or not.

Yeah I get how that could be a contradiction. Our nature makes us to waver. Through Faith one can be still.

"Your heart gives rise to intrinsic energy"

"The physical world depends on infinite observations"

"Interdependence is in the midst of quantum excellence"

"Intuition reflects the flow of mysteries"

Well, if you're trying to sound like a random Deepak Chopra phrase generator, mission fucking accomplished. You sound as vapid as a chat bot someone created to string words together from a charlatan's Twitter feed.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Bravo.

(17-10-2015 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Oh really, so why are you so against the possibility of God.

Is that a question? Because I notice a severe lack of a question mark. Rolleyes

There is a huge gulf between what is possible, and what is probable. I'm open to the possibility of anything, but you only move into the realm of probability if you have empirical evidence to back up your shit; and keep in mind that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Your personal 'feels' do not constitute evidence in the fucking slightest. Drinking Beverage

[Image: f341c343cc547114f82f645af64da017.jpg]

I can't help it if you're a credulous fuckwit that latches onto ideas like a baby chicken imprints onto the first thing it comes into contact with.

(17-10-2015 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Sorry, a global flood resulting from the end of an ice age has not been proven wrong.

[Image: 3a9.png]

Nobody has to prove your assertion wrong, rather you need to back them up yourself with your own evidence. Parading around yelling "I haven't been proven wrong yet" gets you nowhere you fucking clown.

Because you know why? Nobody has proven that a skull juggling walrus does not exist on the surface of Pluto, therefore it is a fact that one does reside there, right? Rolleyes

Or you could learn how to think like a rational adult instead.

(17-10-2015 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Note has anything else that I know. You still assume that things aren't real Or[sic] of a certain thing because you can't prove them right or wrong. That's not going with the facts, it's assuming things based on them while denying posibilitis[sic] that work within the things thavhave[sic] been shown to be true.

Hey, dipshit! Pay attention! There is a difference between denying your positive assertion because you lack any empirical evidence to support it, and making a positive claim myself.

I can deny your claims about the supernatural, simply because you haven't presented any empirical evidence to support the existence of the supernatural. So until you can, fuck your empty assertions. That's all you have, baseless assertions; because your 'feels' are not evidence you credulous ignorant fuck. Drinking Beverage

(17-10-2015 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Anyone who assumes that existence is simply the observable is a fool. An effect cannot be its own cause.

Prove it.

With evidence.

Or get the fuck out.

(17-10-2015 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Faith

So I'm wrong because you assume that all on the past were wrong?

No, you're just an idiot for taking what they say at face value. I do not, because there are very good reasons to doubt claims made on unverifiable hearsay.

You know, hearsay? Evidence considered so weak and prone to both human fault and tampering that it's not even admissible in a court of law. Keeping in mind what eyewitness testimony is, and yet realize that even eyewitness testimony is inadmissible in scientific peer review because it lacks empirical verification and precision. So if you're going to make a positive claim in favor of anything supernatural, you're sure as shit going to have to do better than a couple of thousands year old fables and your personal 'feels'.

(17-10-2015 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I am wrong because my theories are irrefutable by scientific fact?

You're wrong because you absolutely fail to meet your own burden of proof.

Get yourself an education son.

(17-10-2015 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I am wrong because I only feel certainty as opposed to the dread most of you feel?

Dread? Hardly. My position is intellectually honest, your's is a crock of shit.

But early humans being certain the Earth was flat didn't make it any more true dipshit. Drinking Beverage

(17-10-2015 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  To assume that our innermost workings are their[sic] just for shits and giggles is a major flaw of secular thinking.

There may be a purpose, there may not be. But I know enough to know that you don't fucking know, and you need to shut the fuck up and stop pretending like you do.

Because claiming to know things that you can not show to be evidently true, makes you a liar and a charlatan.

(17-10-2015 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  As is pain receptors and nerves are useless. As if joy and sorrow aren't indicators of significance and reality.

You getting to a point there in your rambling mess?

Because it's still not evidence in favor of your assertions. You inability to imagine how things could be otherwise than how you assume them to be, is not itself evidence in favor that they are indeed that way; it is only evidence for your own mental shortcomings. Lack of imagination is not evidence for anything else but your lack of imagination.

(17-10-2015 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So now I can't be a certain way because you haven't been that way? Sounds like the rest.

You can convince me if you have sufficient evidence to meet the burden of proof that you saddle yourself with whenever you make a positive claim.

As of yet, you have utterly and completely failed to even come close to meeting your burden, and so we all remain skeptical. Not only that, but your failures are so common, and your ineptitude so comical, that we all feel rather confident in dismissing you entirely. You are just another in a long list of supremely oblivious and ignorant people selling surprisingly similar variations of the same tired bullshit. They've all passed on or been banned without meeting their burden's of proof, so we have little reason to think that you're any more likely to buck this trend. But go ahead, it would be nice to be surprised.

Want to challenge that perception? Make with the empirical evidence. Can't do that? Then sit down and shut up.

(17-10-2015 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Gotta work, can't waste time n[sic] you right now.

Spend some time working on that evidence before you come back, or don't bother coming back; you're a waste of fucking air as is. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-10-2015, 11:09 AM
Threads like these are the clearest demonstration that trying to get a religiously deluded mind to do actual thinking by firing real logic at it has the same result as trying to hammer a nail into a block of wood suspended by a bungee cord. The block and/or hammer rebounds wildly, the nail flies across the room and the guy with the hammer winds up dazed, dinged and frustrated. The block of wood: not affected.

Funny to watch, though. Laugh out load
[+] 9 users Like Airportkid's post
17-10-2015, 11:18 AM
(17-10-2015 11:09 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Threads like these are the clearest demonstration that trying to get a religiously deluded mind to do actual thinking by firing real logic at it has the same result as trying to hammer a nail into a block of wood suspended by a bungee cord. The block and/or hammer rebounds wildly, the nail flies across the room and the guy with the hammer winds up dazed, dinged and frustrated. The block of wood: not affected.

What a appropriate analogy. Thumbsup

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
17-10-2015, 12:12 PM
(17-10-2015 11:09 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Threads like these are the clearest demonstration that trying to get a religiously deluded mind to do actual thinking by firing real logic at it has the same result as trying to hammer a nail into a block of wood suspended by a bungee cord. The block and/or hammer rebounds wildly, the nail flies across the room and the guy with the hammer winds up dazed, dinged and frustrated. The block of wood: not affected.

The one weakness of rationality: it has little to no effect on beliefs which were not established through rational means in the first place.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
17-10-2015, 02:22 PM
(17-10-2015 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I am wrong because I only feel certainty as opposed to the dread most of you feel?

Methinks thou dost project too much.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
17-10-2015, 02:25 PM
(17-10-2015 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Oh really, so why are you so against the possibility of God.

I'm not against the possibility of God, I AM God. Alla can vouch for me.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-10-2015, 02:25 PM

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-10-2015, 02:31 PM

I don't feel dread in the face of my impermanence. I celebrate my transience. You are the one who feels dread and needs to apply some bullshit promise of a postmortem preservation of identity as salve to mask your dread. You are a coward dreading your own temporariness and inevitable demise.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-10-2015, 02:46 PM
(17-10-2015 02:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I liked both your original and your double post because God is without fault.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
17-10-2015, 04:01 PM

You assume that we feel dread.

(17-10-2015 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  To assume that our innermost workings are their just for shits and giggles is a major flaw of secular thinking.

No one does that.

You do not understand the position that you are attempting to rail against.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post