Theists, what brings you to TTA?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2015, 07:43 PM
RE: Theists, what brings you to TTA?
(21-09-2015 03:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-09-2015 11:25 PM)Aliza Wrote:  What motivates my fellow theists into coming to this forum and subjecting themselves to potential ridicule and insult? As I browse through the threads and posts, it’s hard not to notice that theists will tolerate an alarming amount of hostility directed toward them…. But why? Why not just leave for greener pastures?

My own reasons for coming here boil down to a desire to have exposure to atheists who are not from a Jewish background. I feel that this kind of exposure will help me relate better to people who will be in my future professional field.

So theists, why are you here?
I like to know what their responses would be to whatever I say.
Who cares about their insults? I don't even know those people. They don't know me.
In real world they are good people. In real world normal people do NOT insult others with whom they disagree. Only nuts react this way.

I'm actually kind of the opposite. I'll debate, and I may talk shit, but it is extremely rare for me to dish out insults. Offline, if I'm openly insulting someone and they're openly insulting me, chances are they're either a good friend or someone I deployed with. If I'm being polite and proper towards someone, on the other hand, it's because I don't know enough about them to know how easily offended they are so I play it safe. Same in a public forum. I may make controversial posts, but not directed at any individual. By chance, most of the people I'd call my friends offline happen to be religious. Most of the atheists I know offline are little more than acquaintances I've met a couple times.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2015, 07:43 PM
(22-09-2015 07:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 07:38 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I'd do him. Angel

TMI Weeping

What? Are you saying you wouldn't? Dodgy

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2015, 07:47 PM
(22-09-2015 07:43 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 07:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  TMI Weeping

What? Are you saying you wouldn't? Dodgy

I thought you were more into blond and leggy.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-09-2015, 07:53 PM
(22-09-2015 07:43 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 03:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  I like to know what their responses would be to whatever I say.
Who cares about their insults? I don't even know those people. They don't know me.
In real world they are good people. In real world normal people do NOT insult others with whom they disagree. Only nuts react this way.

I'm actually kind of the opposite. I'll debate, and I may talk shit, but it is extremely rare for me to dish out insults. Offline, if I'm openly insulting someone and they're openly insulting me, chances are they're either a good friend or someone I deployed with. If I'm being polite and proper towards someone, on the other hand, it's because I don't know enough about them to know how easily offended they are so I play it safe. Same in a public forum. I may make controversial posts, but not directed at any individual. By chance, most of the people I'd call my friends offline happen to be religious. Most of the atheists I know offline are little more than acquaintances I've met a couple times.

And for the record, the rhino shit.gif is not an insult. I look for any excuse to post it because it's mesmerizing.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
12-10-2015, 06:17 PM
Well until the theists came into this thread to ruin the circle jerking fun of atheists explaining why theists come to this board (a question originally directed to theists, which as we all know, immediately obligates atheists to weigh in with their own viewpoints), I was going to commend Aliza for her experience points gained in the circle jerk skill tree. Mere exposure to circle jerking beefs up your circle jerk skills, a theist agreeing with atheists during an atheist circle jerk in particular provides a massive boost. Your forum character is becoming pretty well rounded in terms of your overall stats, Aliza, but you have a long way to go to catch up to the elliptical group wanking talent displayed by some of our finer players. However, circle jerking can be used for good or evil, and I have confidence that your circle jerking skill tree will be put to good use. You will become an expert circle jerker with unparalleled grace and precision, unlike the sloppy, brutish circle jerking us atheists practice.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you've gained enough Experience Points to level up. How do you wish to invest your newly found skill points (I suggest investing in circle jerk)?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
12-10-2015, 06:26 PM
(12-10-2015 06:17 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Well until the theists came into this thread to ruin the circle jerking fun of atheists explaining why theists come to this board (a question originally directed to theists, which as we all know, immediately obligates atheists to weigh in with their own viewpoints), I was going to commend Aliza for her experience points gained in the circle jerk skill tree. Mere exposure to circle jerking beefs up your circle jerk skills, a theist agreeing with atheists during an atheist circle jerk in particular provides a massive boost. Your forum character is becoming pretty well rounded in terms of your overall stats, Aliza, but you have a long way to go to catch up to the elliptical group wanking talent displayed by some of our finer players. However, circle jerking can be used for good or evil, and I have confidence that your circle jerking skill tree will be put to good use. You will become an expert circle jerker with unparalleled grace and precision, unlike the sloppy, brutish circle jerking us atheists practice.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you've gained enough Experience Points to level up. How do you wish to invest your newly found skill points (I suggest investing in circle jerk)?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1412846

You weren't exactly visceral, but you were consistent. And I'm not making judgments about your parenting, either.
[+] 1 user Likes wizardofthevoid's post
12-10-2015, 06:30 PM
(12-10-2015 06:17 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Well until the theists came into this thread to ruin the circle jerking fun of atheists explaining why theists come to this board (a question originally directed to theists, which as we all know, immediately obligates atheists to weigh in with their own viewpoints), I was going to commend Aliza for her experience points gained in the circle jerk skill tree. Mere exposure to circle jerking beefs up your circle jerk skills, a theist agreeing with atheists during an atheist circle jerk in particular provides a massive boost. Your forum character is becoming pretty well rounded in terms of your overall stats, Aliza, but you have a long way to go to catch up to the elliptical group wanking talent displayed by some of our finer players. However, circle jerking can be used for good or evil, and I have confidence that your circle jerking skill tree will be put to good use. You will become an expert circle jerker with unparalleled grace and precision, unlike the sloppy, brutish circle jerking us atheists practice.

[Image: 06a552283b58cd86c2bb97d3497ea8c33680c943...9881c7.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
12-10-2015, 06:31 PM
(12-10-2015 06:26 PM)wizardofthevoid Wrote:  

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1412846

You weren't exactly visceral, but you were consistent. And I'm not making judgments about your parenting, either.

Did you just drop in from another dimension where you were kicked screaming out of an airplane that resulted from a rather intense conversation about homosexuality and then fell through a wormhole or something? We're talking about circle jerking, not homophobes.

12-10-2015, 06:35 PM
(12-10-2015 06:30 PM)Aliza Wrote:  

[Image: 06a552283b58cd86c2bb97d3497ea8c33680c943...9881c7.jpg]

A jocular compliment. I just wanted to talk about circle jerking.

Seriously though, how are you going to distribute your skill points?

12-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Actually, I did. But I didn't scream.

Oops.

I see The Poe now...

*slips silently back into wormhole
[+] 3 users Like wizardofthevoid's post