Theists wonder why we are angry. It's conversations like this

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Theists wonder why we are angry. It's conversations like this
I saw a post by the Willard Preacher from Penn State. It was in regards to this article about homosexuality

What you believe about homosexuality doesn't matter

Here is what he said. Full response, in context.

Quote: Andy, Even though this was written by a youth pastor this sort of argument is used solely to silence the opposition to homosexuality. If speaking out against homosexuality causes homosexual kids to kill themselves, then the only moral thing to do is to stop speaking out against it. As a result those who are pro-homosexual will be the only ones speaking, and so they will win the debate by default.

I don't believe homosexual youth are committing suicide because of those who are telling them that they are wrong, but because they can't live with the level of perversion they are engaging in.

There are many youth who are engaging in activities that are considered to be wrong by others who are not committing suicide. Why is it that the homosexual youth are?

It's this sort of thing that makes me want to scream from the rooftops. I AM AN ATHEIST. IT makes me want to combat theism and religion whenever I see it.

I am straight, but I have known many gay people. I know of some who have attempted or contemplated suicide. It is the sort of thing that really makes by blood boil. They keep saying it is perversion as they say it is in the Bible, but they neglect passages right next to it that say things about eating pork or wearing poly wool blends.

Dammit this pisses me off.

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like FaceOfBoe's post
30-12-2013, 10:24 PM
RE: Theists wonder why we are angry. It's conversations like this
Not only do they cherry pick their rules (ignoring the one's about pork, shellfish, hair trimming, seed planting, etc.), but they tend to think that their rule book should be used to make laws to govern everyone. It's a guide for those that believe in it, nothing more.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post
30-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Wow, such pricks.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
30-12-2013, 10:49 PM
(30-12-2013 09:54 PM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  What you believe about homosexuality doesn't matter

But what a breath of fresh air THAT was.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
31-12-2013, 09:06 AM
(30-12-2013 09:54 PM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  I saw a post by the Willard Preacher from Penn State. It was in regards to this article about homosexuality

What you believe about homosexuality doesn't matter

Here is what he said. Full response, in context.

Quote: Andy, Even though this was written by a youth pastor this sort of argument is used solely to silence the opposition to homosexuality. If speaking out against homosexuality causes homosexual kids to kill themselves, then the only moral thing to do is to stop speaking out against it. As a result those who are pro-homosexual will be the only ones speaking, and so they will win the debate by default.

I don't believe homosexual youth are committing suicide because of those who are telling them that they are wrong, but because they can't live with the level of perversion they are engaging in.

There are many youth who are engaging in activities that are considered to be wrong by others who are not committing suicide. Why is it that the homosexual youth are?

It's this sort of thing that makes me want to scream from the rooftops. I AM AN ATHEIST. IT makes me want to combat theism and religion whenever I see it.

I am straight, but I have known many gay people. I know of some who have attempted or contemplated suicide. It is the sort of thing that really makes by blood boil. They keep saying it is perversion as they say it is in the Bible, but they neglect passages right next to it that say things about eating pork or wearing poly wool blends.

Dammit this pisses me off.

Why can't these idiots ever figure out that homosexuals don't see their behavior as "perversion" (because it isn't)? So that kind of statement that they are committing suicide because they can't live with the level of perversion is nothing more than an uneducated, bury-your-head-in-the-stand, bullshit excuse for their inability to deal with their own discomfort.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
31-12-2013, 10:14 AM
(31-12-2013 09:06 AM)Impulse Wrote:  [

Why can't these idiots ever figure out that homosexuals don't see their behavior as "perversion" (because it isn't)? So that kind of statement that they are committing suicide because they can't live with the level of perversion is nothing more than an uneducated, bury-your-head-in-the-stand, bullshit excuse for their inability to deal with their own discomfort.

Exactly! That is the exact comment that led me to update my Facebook info to include Atheist (instead of Pantheist-I did that to keep the peace) and include some scorching quotes by Hitchens and Harris.

31-12-2013, 10:19 AM
I have heard this been said often.

Best reply to this issue:

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
31-12-2013, 10:22 AM
(30-12-2013 09:54 PM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  I don't believe homosexual youth are committing suicide because of those who are telling them that they are wrong, but because they can't live with the level of perversion they are engaging in.

I'm right there with ya....LOGIC PEOPLE. If it was a "choice" they would cease to be homosexual. But it's not. They ARE, in fact, committing suicide because of persecution.

Hey, you know what? There was a new poll that shows conservatives are "devolving" in their acceptance of evolution. Apparently close to the same amount of people still believe in evolution in all, but the number of conservatives decreased and liberals increased that believed--this tells me that some people will just always keep their heads stuck in the sand in matters of homosexuality, evolution etc...Dodgy
31-12-2013, 10:24 AM
(31-12-2013 10:22 AM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 09:54 PM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  I don't believe homosexual youth are committing suicide because of those who are telling them that they are wrong, but because they can't live with the level of perversion they are engaging in.

I'm right there with ya....LOGIC PEOPLE. If it was a "choice" they would cease to be homosexual. But it's not. They ARE, in fact, committing suicide because of persecution.

Hey, you know what? There was a new poll that shows conservatives are "devolving" in their acceptance of evolution. Apparently close to the same amount of people still believe in evolution in all, but the number of conservatives decreased and liberals increased that believed--this tells me that some people will just always keep their heads stuck in the sand in matters of homosexuality, evolution etc...Dodgy

Just wanted to be clear, I didnt't make that comment about homosexual children comiting suicide, I was quoting The Willard Preacher.

31-12-2013, 10:34 AM
(31-12-2013 10:24 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 10:22 AM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  I'm right there with ya....LOGIC PEOPLE. If it was a "choice" they would cease to be homosexual. But it's not. They ARE, in fact, committing suicide because of persecution.

Just wanted to be clear, I didnt't make that comment about homosexual children comiting suicide, I was quoting The Willard Preacher.

Sorry! I'm not very good with the quote button Angel
I was just trying to say that comment ticked me off...
[+] 1 user Likes crazylikeyou's post