Then and now!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2016, 09:00 PM
RE: Then and now!!
(29-03-2016 05:43 PM)Banjo Wrote:  It seems before you had all your choices made for you. All the activities were provided for you. [...]

And therein lies one of the major issues for people caught up within the insidious cults known as "religion". Their immediate future is virtually predestined (for them) by other people, and without their having any personal input as to its motive force, its direction, or its outcomes.

Blind "faith" and unquestioning obedience... and it's frightening.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2016, 09:27 PM
(29-03-2016 09:00 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(29-03-2016 05:43 PM)Banjo Wrote:  It seems before you had all your choices made for you. All the activities were provided for you. [...]

And therein lies one of the major issues for people caught up within the insidious cults known as "religion". Their immediate future is virtually predestined (for them) by other people, and without their having any personal input as to its motive force, its direction, or its outcomes.

Blind "faith" and unquestioning obedience... and it's frightening.

That's not the scariest part. The scariest part is how I still run from my car to my house because I'm still scared Jesus is going to get me. He's like the boogy man
29-03-2016, 09:44 PM
(28-03-2016 10:57 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So I just got a Tad hurt in my heart. I was thinking about the Christian I was. When I first started my last church about 5 years ago.. I was a weird one. I walked straight in to the front pew. I put my bible, notebook, and Mountain Dew on the floor and sat there. The preacher always got tickled because I was all out in the middle of the floor eager to learn with papers scattered. He would tell my story a bit and referred to me as the "girl on fire" for God" I was never a back row Christian. I wanted to learn, I wanted to ask questions, I wanted to be in the action. My knowledge of the bible grew a lot over a two year period. I never missed a function.. I was a youth leader.. I got along with the deacons and we would all pick at each other. I would drive to piggly wiggly to get their donuts a whole city away from my church just because the deacons liked them. I spent Easter, thanksgiving, Christmas.. Every holiday at my preachers house. They were my friends. Our group was small and close. My preacher, his wife, his sister.. Her husband, 2 deacons, one jail minister, and my exs mom. Everything of course changed when I started dating an agnostic. This hurt me more than anything. I loved this life. And because I was unequally yolked I became different.
Now.. I have none of that fun stuff. I put myself in school but I'm not passionate about anything like I was my bible. It's a strange feeling like I'm living a completely different life.
In other news I told my mom the good news about my escape from religion. Her jaw dropped.. Not because of how I believe or not but because of what I mentioned above. I guided so many members of my family through religion. mother of course could care less. She smiled and said "whatever you want to believe"
She's scared anyway because she thinks she can't be saved for her addictions. Her face lightened up when I told her all the things I have learned from you guys and reading.
But now that things have changed it sure is a lonely life. But it sure does feel better.

Hug