Theodicy of Divine Chastity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2015, 07:33 PM
Theodicy of Divine Chastity
An answer to the problem of evil I have come across.

http://newapologetics.com/the-theodicy-o...e-chastity

http://newapologetics.com/the-theodicy-o...ty-part-ii
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: Theodicy of Divine Chastity
Exactly what's your gain by posting such stuff???

I don't go to the local Catholic church and mock them for being a bunch of superstitious , sexually repressed, whacked out louts.......

Maybe I'm missing out on a great opportunity??????

Fill me in....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-04-2015, 07:39 PM
(11-04-2015 07:37 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Exactly what's your gain by posting such stuff???

I don't go to the local Catholic church and mock them for being a bunch of superstitious , sexually repressed, whacked out louts.......

Fill me in....
Well, I am here to have a discussion on these things. This particular thread was for someone else who brought up the problem of evil, which although it was not the topic of the thread it was brought up in, I thought was still worthy of discussion, so I posted this in a new thread.
11-04-2015, 07:44 PM
(11-04-2015 07:39 PM)CatholicSoxFan Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 07:37 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Exactly what's your gain by posting such stuff???

Fill me in....
Well, I am here to have a discussion on these things. This particular thread was for someone else who brought up the problem of evil, which although it was not the topic of the thread it was brought up in, I thought was still worthy of discussion, so I posted this in a new thread.

A discussion - in which you wish to bring along a claim of "divine" i.e. "godlike" authority......

Now...

Considering we're a bunch of atheists -- people who are convinced that there isn't any such thing -- don't you think you're coming across as just a bit foolish????

You'll probably get more takers in an environment of weaker minded people - who WANT there to be a "supreme buddy" to hang out with......

I'm pretty sure you're not going to find any takers here....

But, feel free to carry on....

Just don't get too upset about the mockery...

It's what we do...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
11-04-2015, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 07:51 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(11-04-2015 07:39 PM)CatholicSoxFan Wrote:  

Fill me in....

Buncha crap.
What ? You can't argue something for yourself ?
I repeat : "Why did your god make exactly the very world one would expect to see if there was no god ?" Is your god a tricky devil ?
Catholics are pretty much the LAST people who should be talking about "chastity".
Tell me this bucko. How is saying a god in a timeless environment "doing" anything, coherent ? "Doing" (sending, loving, bla bla bla) all require time.
Its all meaningless drivel.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-04-2015, 07:50 PM
(11-04-2015 07:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 07:39 PM)CatholicSoxFan Wrote:  Well, I am here to have a discussion on these things. This particular thread was for someone else who brought up the problem of evil, which although it was not the topic of the thread it was brought up in, I thought was still worthy of discussion, so I posted this in a new thread.

Buncha crap.
I repeat : "Why did your god make exactly the very world one would expect to see if there was no god ?" Is your god a tricky devil ?
The reason why is because God delegates finite powers to created persons. The created persons become co-creators in a sense.

All this stuff is explained in the article (the first one in this case), which is why I linked to it.
11-04-2015, 07:57 PM
How are we supposed to know who "God" delegated power to??????

Do they come with a certificate of authenticity????

Or, are we just supposed to "believe"?????

(I'm betting on the "belief" angle --- it's how you promote utter nonsensical drivel)

[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
11-04-2015, 07:59 PM
(11-04-2015 07:50 PM)CatholicSoxFan Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 07:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Buncha crap.
The reason why is because God delegates finite powers to created persons. The created persons become co-creators in a sense.

All this stuff is explained in the article (the first one in this case), which is why I linked to it.

Prove it.
There is no person on the face of the Earth that can cure all cancers in children. If you think there is, you're more of a fool than I thought. Nice try at an excuse for your weak deity allowing all sorts of "evil". You didn't really expect to come here and have anyone buy into that bullshit you delusional people believe, did you ? You still haven't answered any of the questions. I do like the word "theodicy" though. It sort of has the ring about it that belief in the gods is theo-idiotic.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-04-2015, 08:02 PM
(11-04-2015 07:57 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  How are we supposed to know who "God" delegated power to??????

(I'm betting on the "belief" angle --- it's how you promote utter nonsensical drivel)
I'm not sure if you understand what I was saying. The "power" in this case is the ability to affect the world indirectly through their decisions. So in a sense the reason why God rarely directly intervenes in the world is because God delegates the power to affect those aspects of the world to created persons.
11-04-2015, 08:06 PM
(11-04-2015 08:02 PM)CatholicSoxFan Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 07:57 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  How are we supposed to know who "God" delegated power to??????

I'm not sure if you understand what I was saying. The "power" in this case is the ability to affect the world indirectly through their decisions. So in a sense the reason why God rarely directly intervenes in the world is because God delegates the power to affect those aspects of the world to created persons.

That's not even a particularly creative excuse for god being impotent.
If you think it over for a bit, I bet you could "create" a better one.