Theodicy of Divine Chastity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2015, 01:35 PM
RE: Theodicy of Divine Chastity
(12-04-2015 12:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 10:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Just look at how idiotic this is : "Our stance is that God, being infinitely good, is infinitely opposed to evil in every form, and is acting against every evil with the fullness of his power despite appearances to the contrary. Furthermore, we believe that this relationship of perfect opposition between God and evil applies to every evil regardless of how seemingly insignificant, and that this includes all instances of innocent human suffering."

But this is the problem with all Christian apologetics isn't it. "Those who do not share the faith are not being asked to agree with any of our assumptions, but to simply make a decision to temporarily suspend disbelief in order to understand the coherence of the proposed explanation on its own terms." Let's purely for the sake of argument stipulate a premise which is neither self-evident nor obvious and see where it leads. Okay. That was fun. But when the movie's over and the temporary suspension of disbelief is removed what ultimately has been accomplished? A brief moment of entertainment at best.

Well at least they admit "appearances to the contrary" are in fact reality. The fact is they would not or could not determine the difference between appearances and reality. These are the very same people who are still babbling about "substance" and "accident".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2015, 01:56 PM
The odd dicky of Divine Chas' Titty...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-04-2015, 02:20 PM
(11-04-2015 07:33 PM)CatholicSoxFan Wrote:  An answer to the problem of evil I have come across.

http://newapologetics.com/the-theodicy-o...e-chastity

http://newapologetics.com/the-theodicy-o...ty-part-ii

In the top link, they are proposing a 'new model' showing God in a different light? lol
Well...about time a Christian all but admits that Christianity is a man made religion.

Thumbsup

Be true to yourself. Heart
12-04-2015, 05:01 PM
Found this gem:

Quote:“Refusing to do evil (i.e. diminish his love) in order to prevent evil, God pours himself out in love without compromise with evil, and it is this very perfection of the self-gift of God and his refusal to compromise that makes it possible for his gifts to be abused such that evil has any real power.”

Same tired shit, just rationalizing why god doesn't do anything.

I agree, your god does nothing under any circumstance, and that's why it is reasonable to conclude this god does not exist.

It takes a fundamentally deficient train of thought to rationalize a refusal to act as an ultimate expression of love.

It's apologetics like this that not only compels one to stop believing this omni-impotent god, but it's flat-out disgusting what mental tricks people are willing to subject themselves to continue believing this fantasy.

Apologetics is disgusting!!

[Image: Apologist%20snakeoil_zps9mzgen61.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
12-04-2015, 05:04 PM
(12-04-2015 02:20 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 07:33 PM)CatholicSoxFan Wrote:  An answer to the problem of evil I have come across.

In the top link, they are proposing a 'new model' showing God in a different light? lol
Well...about time a Christian all but admits that Christianity is a man made religion.

Thumbsup

Man made --- absolutely.....

If women had cooked it up -- there wouldn't be the emphasis on women being inferior, circumcision wouldn't exist and "God" would be "Goddess" - and she wouldn't be into smiting everybody she had a beef with....

Plus - Jesus wouldn't have been crucified -- but he would have to get up at 3 a.m. to feed the baby..... And bathe a bit more frequently... And shave.... And brush his teeth once in a while... And - if he's going too bring twelve of his friends home for dinner - he can damned well do the shopping and cook dinner..................

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
12-04-2015, 05:13 PM
(12-04-2015 05:01 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I agree, your god does nothing under any circumstance, and that's why it is reasonable to conclude this god does not exist.

It's more fun to laugh at it for being feckless. Silly God, you don't do anything. Nobody even notices you.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-04-2015, 06:35 PM
(11-04-2015 08:11 PM)CatholicSoxFan Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 07:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Prove it.
There is no person on the face of the Earth that can cure all cancers in children. If you think there is, you're more of a fool than I thought. Nice try at an excuse for your weak deity allowing all sorts of "evil". You didn't really expect to come here and have anyone buy into that bullshit you delusional people believe, did you ? You still haven't answered any of the questions. I do like the word "theodicy" though. It sort of has the ring about it that belief in the gods is theo-idiotic.
Well, sure. The powers referenced are the powers to affect the world indirectly through ones actions (similar to chaos theory). This would include the existence of cancer. My claim was not that people can directly cause (or cure) every cancer (much less that one can), but that the decisions of created persons can INDIRECTLY cause things like cancer.

Oh FFS. You are saying that your god is indistinguishable from randomness. That you ascribe supernatural powers to random events and the actions of people is the last gasp of a dying cult.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
12-04-2015, 06:45 PM

So this theodicy simply throws omnipotence under the bus. God is limited in what he can do by his own moral strictures. He has given up most of his power to his creatures -- or put another way he has placed the inmates in charge of the asylum.

So this proves the POE, it doesn't solve it.

Typical kicking of the can down the road, too. They admit it doesn't look like god cares, but he does, in the big picture that we can't see.

Whatever.

Next?
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
12-04-2015, 06:49 PM
(11-04-2015 08:43 PM)CatholicSoxFan Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 08:37 PM)mecanna Wrote:  Do the "sinful" activities indirectly cause cancer? How does that work?

I'd hate to think that a sweet little innocent gets cancer everytime I masturbate furiously.
When an event occurs that is disordered (against the good "order" of things), it will affect other events in a disordered way. Because of the interconnection of events (similar to the "butterfly effect"), one disordered action by a created person will thus have an immense effect on the rest of the world.

So, basically what your saying is that me touching myself caused a tsunami in India years ago.

Yeah, you are seriously one confused messed up mother fucker man! Human life is so utterly unimportant and irrelevant in the grander scheme of things that its laughable to think our actions cause every possible thing to happen.

This is one of the pitfalls of religion and that is its pretentiousness. To think that you are so fucking important that your actions can cause harm to the universe. There is no distinction between chaos and order. Order is nothing more than organized chaos and without chaos, nothing can happen. Therefor, Every event is "disordered" no matter what the event is. There is no order in our universe. It is just a trick of the human mind that evolved over millions of years that has been programmed to seek patterns in life. When we think we see a pattern, we confuse it with order.

Very pretentious indeed.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
12-04-2015, 06:59 PM
[Image: 7e4d673c84b8893bf203bce51ec242eb.jpg]

Fits the bill.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post