Poll: What is your theological/philosophical belief?
Gnostic Atheist
Agnostic Atheist
Agnostic Adeist
Gnostic Adeist
Agnostic Theist (major theistic religions)
Gnostic Theist (major theistic religions)
Agnostic Deist
Gnostic Deist
Agnostic Pagan (non-theistic/polytheistic religion/belief)
Gnostic Pagan (non-theistic/polytheistic religion/belief)
Apatheist
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Theology/Philosophy Poll

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2012, 10:21 AM
RE: Theology/Philosophy Poll
Ok, I'm saying gnostic atheist. I know it's technically impossible to KNOW that there are no gods but... It is possible to know that all religion is bullshit.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2012, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2012 12:15 PM by ClydeLee.)
As soon as I saw the questions on the thread... I thought, I wonder what Ghost thinks of this poll, nothing seems to be here to represent Huxley Agnosticism. I think apatheist is pretty close but I suppose I'm not justified to argue what agnosticism means.

Oh course, I was not disappointed in the aftermath! Drinking Beverage

If you separate theism/deism in the list there. I would categorize myself more close to gnostic atheist/agnostic adeist therefore I selected both of those options.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Well, since this poll didn't include ignosticism I had to just not give a shit - so you got me kind of half assed. For me to completely not give a shit, it has to be irrelevant - hence ignosticism.

godfuckingdamnit. Can I get my vote back? I'm having serious apathy issues; I'm not sure if I really don't give as much of a shit as I didn't when I voted. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
23-08-2012, 12:35 PM
(23-08-2012 12:28 PM)kim Wrote:  Well, since this poll didn't include ignosticism I had to just not give a shit - so you got me kind of half assed. For me to completely not give a shit, it has to be irrelevant - hence ignosticism.

godfuckingdamnit. Can I get my vote back? I'm having serious apathy issues; I'm not sure if I really don't give as much of a shit as I didn't when I voted. Undecided

If I were not limited to 11 choices, I would have included ignosticism. I would assume apatheism with a combination of either agnostic bias would cover it though.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]