Theory about creation of EVE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2013, 12:41 AM
RE: Theory about creation of EVE
In ancient Jewish tradition (according to what I've read) Lilith was Adam's first wife/mate. She refused to become subservient to Adam (I guess you could argue the bottom/top thing). Basically she refused to be his bitch. Then, she abandoned him in the Garden of Eden, never returning. She then fucked the Arch Angel Samael (not a typo). Somewhere along the line she was thought to have become a monster or a demon. After Adam's first lady, Lilith, stepped out on him God made Eve out of his rib, that way he would essentially own her.

For an all-knowing all-powerful God he sure did fuck up quite early in his creation career.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2013, 08:31 AM
(19-10-2013 12:41 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  In ancient Jewish tradition (according to what I've read) Lilith was Adam's first wife/mate. She refused to become subservient to Adam (I guess you could argue the bottom/top thing). Basically she refused to be his bitch. Then, she abandoned him in the Garden of Eden, never returning. She then fucked the Arch Angel Samael (not a typo). Somewhere along the line she was thought to have become a monster or a demon. After Adam's first lady, Lilith, stepped out on him God made Eve out of his rib, that way he would essentially own her.

For an all-knowing all-powerful God he sure did fuck up quite early in his creation career.
I wouldn't call it "ancient"... the earliest mention of Lilith being Adam's first wife is in the Alphabet of Sirach text, which was written sometime between 700 C.E and 1000 C.E.

To begin with, why would they even come up with such an idea? It doesn't even fit in within the Genesis story. God creates Adam, realizes he's lonely so he creates animals for him to mate with (I guess? either god intended him to reproduce asexually or mate with animals - Eve didn't exist at the time), then finds out that they aren't the right partner for him so he creates Eve from his rib. Where does Lilith come in?
19-10-2013, 08:39 AM
(19-10-2013 08:31 AM)Vlad Wrote:  
(19-10-2013 12:41 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  In ancient Jewish tradition (according to what I've read) Lilith was Adam's first wife/mate. She refused to become subservient to Adam (I guess you could argue the bottom/top thing). Basically she refused to be his bitch. Then, she abandoned him in the Garden of Eden, never returning. She then fucked the Arch Angel Samael (not a typo). Somewhere along the line she was thought to have become a monster or a demon. After Adam's first lady, Lilith, stepped out on him God made Eve out of his rib, that way he would essentially own her.

I wouldn't call it "ancient"... the earliest mention of Lilith being Adam's first wife is in the Alphabet of Sirach text, which was written sometime between 700 C.E and 1000 C.E.

To begin with, why would they even come up with such an idea? It doesn't even fit in within the Genesis story. God creates Adam, realizes he's lonely so he creates animals for him to mate with (I guess? either god intended him to reproduce asexually or mate with animals - Eve didn't exist at the time), then finds out that they aren't the right partner for him so he creates Eve from his rib. Where does Lilith come in?
Well if you read the bible today there are two creation stories. One where man and woman are created at the same time and one where Adam was created first and much later god created Eve with adam's rib. The one when man and woman are created at the same time very well could have been a reference to the Lilith story.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
19-10-2013, 09:22 AM
(18-10-2013 09:59 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  ""Technically, she would be my sister, and therefore unable to take me as her lover. After much soul searching, I reluctantly decided, "What the hell", I just wouldn't tell her.""

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
19-10-2013, 09:36 AM
(19-10-2013 08:31 AM)Vlad Wrote:  

Uh...what? Genesis hadn't been so formalized yet. This is a version of Genesis.

19-10-2013, 11:13 AM
(19-10-2013 09:36 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(19-10-2013 08:31 AM)Vlad Wrote:  I wouldn't call it "ancient"... the earliest mention of Lilith being Adam's first wife is in the Alphabet of Sirach text, which was written sometime between 700 C.E and 1000 C.E.

Uh...what? Genesis hadn't been so formalized yet. This is a version of Genesis.
Hm, what do you mean by formalized?
19-10-2013, 11:14 AM
(19-10-2013 11:13 AM)Vlad Wrote:  
(19-10-2013 09:36 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Uh...what? Genesis hadn't been so formalized yet. This is a version of Genesis.
Hm, what do you mean by formalized?

I mean a council held to reconcile the different versions of the same story and whatnot.

19-10-2013, 11:22 AM
In Job, we find out that no one knows about the creation of the universe or the creation of earth... so uh... how could anyone know about the "creation" of the first human beings?

Genesis is backstory. It was written more than 1000 years after the book of Job.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
19-10-2013, 11:24 AM
(19-10-2013 11:22 AM)kim Wrote:  In Job, we find out that no one knows about the creation of the universe or the creation of earth... so uh... how could anyone know about the "creation" of the first human beings?

Genesis is backstory. It was written more than 1000 years after the book of Job.

God told them. Duh! Tongue

19-10-2013, 11:31 AM
(19-10-2013 11:24 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(19-10-2013 11:22 AM)kim Wrote:  In Job, we find out that no one knows about the creation of the universe or the creation of earth... so uh... how could anyone know about the "creation" of the first human beings?

God told them. Duh! Tongue

Oh right, there's that "god spoke to me" thing. Dodgy

So... serial killer David Berkowitz's dog ... might have actually been god... Consider hmm.

Dislexia in action. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein