Therapy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2017, 03:10 PM
Therapy
So, I just got scheduled for an intake for my anxiety issues after almost a year and a half of no therapy or medication.

At first they told me that they'd have to wait for a week or two before they'd give me an intake but they wanted me to say why I wanted to go to therapy anyways.

Sooo... I told them as much as they asked and now they're sending a person to my door because they think I'm an "emergency" case. Not sure how to feel about that.

I'm shaking like crazy and I don't know if I feel ready or not...

Whenever I was talking to the lady over the phone she told me to hang on and she talked to her supervisor to try and get me in within the next few days too... So, I guess that's good.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Larai19's post
29-03-2017, 03:49 PM
RE: Therapy
If you're shaking like crazy and extremely anxious, I think you're ready to get some help. I know you may not feel ready, but your body is telling you you are ready. Change is always scary in the beginning--even change that is beneficial. You can do this. These people can help. Get yourself well. *hugs*
[+] 6 users Like jennybee's post
29-03-2017, 03:57 PM
These people are good at assessing those who call in. If they think you are an emergency, they are worried about you and see that you need very urgent care that cannot wait.
I understand that this is a stressful moment because you had no time to prepare mentally to get the help this fast and that is probably the reason that you are shaking like crazy right now.
Your body and mind is showing you that you need this help so make sure you listen to your body right there.
I agree with jennybee, it is scary now but really listen to what your body is telling you.
Be good and kind to yourself. Open the door when the people come to help and just go with the flow. You will see, how things go. Now just make yourself a tea or a warm milk and sit down. Try to relax until the people get to your house. Maybe just watch some random youtube videos to waste some time while you wait.

Let us know how you are doing soon, ok?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
29-03-2017, 04:07 PM
They told me that they had appointments but they'd be here at 6:30 or 7:00 and they'd call before turning up. It's 6 here now... Still super nervous but I'm better. I really wasn't expecting this at all...

I watched a puppy video. Big Grin Always good to watch those.
[+] 3 users Like Larai19's post
29-03-2017, 04:39 PM
Great so at least you have a little bit of time to prepare mentally. Good that you calmed down a little bit.
Make sure your phone is not muted, so that you hear when they call.

[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
29-03-2017, 04:41 PM
I hope everything goes well. Kudos to you for knowing you need help and seeking it out.
Hug
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
29-03-2017, 04:50 PM
They just called and should be here soon...
[+] 3 users Like Larai19's post
29-03-2017, 04:56 PM
Well good luck Larai, you're in good hands.
Let us know how it all went, when you are done.
Cheers

29-03-2017, 06:46 PM
Well, I just met the woman for my intake.

She thought my case was "special" and wanted to see how I'd work with a specific doctor (she gave no big details about anything) and said that he had a loooong waiting list. She said the only way to get me there asap was to go to group therapy 3 or 4 times a week for 4 hours.

I've never done group therapy but I accepted because I trust that they know what they're talking about and she made the doctor sound like he's gold on toast. XD

So, I guess that's what I'm doing for a bit, I apparently need to sign papers tomorrow and go sometime this week and they'll put me in for the next gathering.
[+] 4 users Like Larai19's post
29-03-2017, 06:51 PM
Sounds like a good start!
How are you feeling now?
Glad you got things rolling. It can only get better from this point.