Therapy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2017, 02:33 PM
RE: Therapy
(04-04-2017 02:29 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-04-2017 02:26 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  I don't know what to do... I can't go now.
I thought was going to finally go and get better today but so much just happened.

You wanna talk about it? Can be good...

I sent a PM...

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Larai19's post
04-04-2017, 02:41 PM
(04-04-2017 07:33 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Let me know what the therapy is like, I've been offered it several times, although haven't really felt like I need it.

I'm on sertraline myself, and find it's the only thing that stops me from having panic attacks at random moments. It also helps me concentrate a lot, so being off it really F's me up.

Therapy for me has mostly been just talking to someone. They might offer some insight or suggestions for how to cope with or improve some situations in your life that are causing you pain. Like Rob said, you're mostly just talking about your life, your week, your month, whatever. If anything is bothering you, why it's bothering you, etc.

I think everyone ought to do therapy, honestly. It can take the weight of stress off your chest and make life a bit easier to live. I've always felt a little better after leaving therapy, and I mostly just start talking and go for the full hour.
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
04-04-2017, 02:44 PM
(04-04-2017 02:26 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  
(04-04-2017 02:23 PM)morondog Wrote:  Whoa hang on, are you OK? What happened? Take it easy kid... And if it's easy take it twice...

I don't know what to do... I can't go now.
I thought was going to finally go and get better today but so much just happened.

I hope you're okay. I'm not always online to talk, but please feel free to PM me and I will be glad to talk as I'm able.
Hug
04-04-2017, 05:29 PM
oi oi Larai, no hasty decisions ok?
You are on a great path, you set that path up and you can absolutely walk it.
You have us here and your husband over there to keep you on that path. Alright? Let's do this Wink

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
07-04-2017, 11:37 AM
Good news,

I went into therapy today and was called back by a gentleman I didn't know. He informed me that due to a conflict of interest that the assigned therapist would not be able to take my case (which is what I wanted) so it saved me an awkward conversation. He expressed concerns for my well being and decided to get a new therapist to me if I didn't mind waiting for 30 minutes.

My husband and I just watched CNN in the waiting room until the receptionist told me to go to the elevator and go a floor up. When I got up there was a man standing up there waiting for me and we had a conversation and after the conversation he asserted that I sincerely need mental help and that he really wants me to do as much therapy as I can, including group even though I am able to do one on one without it.

I really like him. He said that he wants to be my therapist after hearing my story. He kind of has a "cool teacher" vibe about him so it was really comfortable to talk to him and he's really funny. It's weird in the first hour of knowing him he seemed like he cared about what happens to me. It made me feel good because I'm starting to feel cared about. Thanks to everyone on here and to him. Smile Thank you guys.

He says that everything was really rushed because of the "inconvenience" due to my appointment being canceled that he needed to check with his supervisor to make sure that he gets me. I guess my case interested him enough. XD I like him so it's cool by me. So fingers crossed if I get him.
[+] 5 users Like Larai19's post
07-04-2017, 12:24 PM
(07-04-2017 11:37 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  Good news,

I went into therapy today and was called back by a gentleman I didn't know. He informed me that due to a conflict of interest that the assigned therapist would not be able to take my case (which is what I wanted) so it saved me an awkward conversation. He expressed concerns for my well being and decided to get a new therapist to me if I didn't mind waiting for 30 minutes.

My husband and I just watched CNN in the waiting room until the receptionist told me to go to the elevator and go a floor up. When I got up there was a man standing up there waiting for me and we had a conversation and after the conversation he asserted that I sincerely need mental help and that he really wants me to do as much therapy as I can, including group even though I am able to do one on one without it.

I really like him. He said that he wants to be my therapist after hearing my story. He kind of has a "cool teacher" vibe about him so it was really comfortable to talk to him and he's really funny. It's weird in the first hour of knowing him he seemed like he cared about what happens to me. It made me feel good because I'm starting to feel cared about. Thanks to everyone on here and to him. Smile Thank you guys.

He says that everything was really rushed because of the "inconvenience" due to my appointment being canceled that he needed to check with his supervisor to make sure that he gets me. I guess my case interested him enough. XD I like him so it's cool by me. So fingers crossed if I get him.

Good luck, I hope you get to work with him and that he's helpful to you.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
07-04-2017, 12:34 PM

Aww yay, I'm glad you got to see someone! I really hope this works out, and that you get the help needed. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
07-04-2017, 01:07 PM

Fantastic news Smile Yay for you Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-04-2017, 07:03 PM
Glad you liked the guy and even better that the other therapist cancelled on you rather than you having to. Fingers crossed this one can get you.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
08-04-2017, 08:43 AM
(07-04-2017 11:37 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  Good news...

I'm so glad to hear that Larai. Half the battle is getting a therapist with whom you can develop an easy, personal rapport, rather than some text-book clinician who lays down the "law" as he sees it—all too often impersonally and inappropriately.

I'll wish you all the best with this new avenue of support, and I'd be more than optimistic that some of your major concerns may well be put to rest. Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post