There Is No God, But There May Be A Creator

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2011, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2011 02:12 PM by NotSoVacuous.)
RE: There Is No God, But There May Be A Creator
I am merely stating your form of doing this is off. Here is the conclusion, now lets all brainstorm in this thread to find out if it could be true. This is a waste of time. Science find facts and draws conclusions to them. We search the cosmos, we do mathematics, and we study quantum physics. We find evidence or reasons to believe that there might be more dimensions. So we now spend time on this topic.

My criticism about your post is that it is this method, but completely backwards.

So instead of using facts that direct you to theory number 23905098953487 you are starting at one and saying, okay guys, let's discuss why this could be possible despite no evidence pointing to it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2011, 07:22 AM

NotSoVacous:
Your expectation of the form is off. With your mentality, with every philosophy book you pick up and read, you should write a letter to the author to tell him/her that his/her writings are a waste of time. Not that I am claiming to be a philosopher. "Science answers question, philosophy asks questions" American philosopher, Dan Dennet wrote. Philosophers do not so often try to prove facts. They may have reference to scientific facts and historical facts, but the idea the propose in the work they publish are sometimes possibilities as well as way of thinking of certain things or see them in a new perspective, which was what I was doing. So back to using your logic, all these philosophers are waste of time, because they're not doing science. Or rather, philosophy is a waste of time.

You can't expect every idea presented in this forum to be of the scientific method, unless they are trying to prove something, which I am certainly not. Yes, my method is backwards - backwards to science - as it is meant to be. But not wrong. It may be waste of time to you, but not to everyone.

To compare it to unicorns and fairies is a complete over statement. If you say so because you noticed a logical fallacy as wrong as unicorns and fairies, then I can except that. If you can find a logical fallacy, that would be great. I would love and appreciate such a challenge. But your approach of your disapproval of my idea was just something I couldn't appreciate.

I didn't expect to have to reply you again, because I didn't expect you to reply. But now I am replying because I think it is necessary for me to point out two things - that your comments is irrelevant and your bigotry towards your irrelevance.

I can appreciate your last post better as you are now being polite. But I clearly disagree.
Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2011, 08:18 AM
You just said it. There is a philosophy section that I wouldn't have replied to if you posted there. Since you now have admitted your post is merely philosophy.
29-05-2011, 08:24 AM

This isn't the Science section either. It's the Atheism and Theism section, so it fits right here don't you think? In fact, this doesn't qualify under the Philosophy section either as it is not a discussion about any particular philosophy.
29-05-2011, 09:13 AM
(29-05-2011 08:24 AM)SubmissionToScience Wrote:  This isn't the Science section either. It's the Atheism and Theism section, so it fits right here don't you think? In fact, this doesn't qualify under the Philosophy section either as it is not a discussion about any particular philosophy.

Well if we want to get technical, this thread also doesn't say Atheism, Theism AND Deism.
29-05-2011, 09:19 AM

Yes it does... "There Is No God" is in the title.
I also wrote "... But just like the the imaginations of the intelligent life forms in the “mini” universe, it is very unlikely that even one of the many guesses falls anywhere near being labeled accurate. So I can safely say that none of these images of the creator exist, in other words, none of these “gods” (in my definition) exists. ..."
Oh... I see... I misread.
Now you're just being silly if you want to use that as a point.
Btw, I think you're a bigot... I thought that would change, but now it seems it wouldn't. I think you're a confirmed bigot.
29-05-2011, 02:25 PM

(27-05-2011 10:02 PM)SubmissionToScience Wrote:  Haha!!!... You're a funny guy... Love this...
Thanks Big Grin

(27-05-2011 10:02 PM)SubmissionToScience Wrote:  I always assumed (yes assumed) that may be once a universe is built "in" our universe, it will create its own dimension and separate from ours. But I decided to use the supercomputer analogy to just think of it as a simulation, but eventually accept is as an actual universe.... I don't think this really matters. The idea is the same.

I'm just placing the idea of a creator, as just another mere mortal. If you're a physicist and the theory of everything is solved, and the technology is so advanced that there is a possibility that one could create a singularity to produce a big bang without destroying our universe, wouldn't you want to try it out and observe? If we have reached a level of knowledge and understanding of the universe to that point, I'm sure mankind would want to try that out for a further understanding, as along as safety can be guaranteed... Well at least I would.

Similarly if the same could only be achieved on a super computer, I would do so as well. Mankind are creatures of imagination and creativity, aren't we?
The one big difference between a super computer and a different universe is that the former is dependent on our universe, in that it will be destroyed in our heat death, and that the latter will have a different entropy pool.
And since the only proper reason for us create another world is to escape our heat death, I would opt for the new universe (which I think will only take a billion years or so to create, once we are able to create worm holes or other quick transportation methods, since we most likely need a lot of Energy (ie mass from other galaxies) to be able to manipulate the universe at snare level, the level at which the multiverse operates).

(27-05-2011 10:02 PM)SubmissionToScience Wrote:  Haha... I don't take offense at all... No, I wouldn't assume that this is true. That is the last thing we should do. It's just a thought. Just pointing out that although one could refute the idea of a god existing, one could do so without refuting the idea of a creator.

In a way... Versus God, I am atheist; versus a creator, I am agnostic. Smile
As a matter of fact, I just recently downl... I mean bought a series called 'through the wormhole (with morgan freeman)' and the first episode is about science's view on a creator, and someone actually mentions that we might be a simulation because (and here it gets scare as in possible What the Bleep do we know shit) we can quantize the world, which only happens when we observe it.

(27-05-2011 10:02 PM)SubmissionToScience Wrote:  [/i]We are atheist, and we think, and we write down our thoughts here.
And since this is a discussion which involves Theism as well as Deism (no need to mention Atheism), I place this under the Atheism and Theism section.

That guy seems pretty closed minded to me; I would almost call him a fundamentalist. Of course we can speculate about things, if only for fun. Do you not listen to music? Watch sport or do something fun? What we're doing is the same, except that we use science as a medium, and we might actually discover something about reality!
01-06-2011, 11:33 PM

(29-05-2011 02:25 PM)Thunderios Wrote:  
(27-05-2011 10:02 PM)SubmissionToScience Wrote:  Haha... I don't take offense at all... No, I wouldn't assume that this is true. That is the last thing we should do. It's just a thought. Just pointing out that although one could refute the idea of a god existing, one could do so without refuting the idea of a creator.

In a way... Versus God, I am atheist; versus a creator, I am agnostic. Smile
As a matter of fact, I just recently downl... I mean bought a series called 'through the wormhole (with morgan freeman)' and the first episode is about science's view on a creator, and someone actually mentions that we might be a simulation because (and here it gets scare as in possible What the Bleep do we know shit) we can quantize the world, which only happens when we observe it.
Ohhh... I've gotta downlo.... I mean buy that series. I know of it but never bothered.

(29-05-2011 02:25 PM)Thunderios Wrote:  
(27-05-2011 10:02 PM)SubmissionToScience Wrote:  [/i]We are atheist, and we think, and we write down our thoughts here.
And since this is a discussion which involves Theism as well as Deism (no need to mention Atheism), I place this under the Atheism and Theism section.

That guy seems pretty closed minded to me; I would almost call him a fundamentalist. Of course we can speculate about things, if only for fun. Do you not listen to music? Watch sport or do something fun? What we're doing is the same, except that we use science as a medium, and we might actually discover something about reality!
Yeah, exactly... What the hell?...
14-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Hello, I'm gonna make it short. I've been struggling with the same question you asked. "There is no god but just a creator", in fact I googled the same sentence and that's how i found this thread. I registered on this site just to post this. Talking over this thread will not be useful since there are people with different opinions. I'd like to share a few views and discuss on this topic with you. PM me and we can talk more over this. I hope to get a message from you and maybe we can make some sense out of this.
14-10-2014, 12:24 PM
(14-10-2014 12:08 PM)idorkknight Wrote:  Talking over this thread will not be useful since there are people with different opinions. I'd like to share a few views and discuss on this topic with you.

That's the whole point of a discussion forum; do discuss differing view and opinions. These places get boring if everyone agrees all the time.