There Is No God, But There May Be A Creator

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 12:39 PM
RE: There Is No God, But There May Be A Creator
I see no reason to believe in an intelligent creator.
And if there is one it's got some serious shit to answer for.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2014, 01:28 PM
The problem with postulating a creator is that it just moves the question of existence back one step without answering it.

Where did the creator come from?

Lather, rinse, repeat, ... , infinite regress.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-10-2014, 01:41 PM
Sometimes saying "I don't know" is the best answer we can give. Anything other than that without evidence is just unfounded, hopeful, assertions.
14-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Guy registered just to bump a thread from 2011 Dodgy

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 4 users Like DemonicLemon's post
14-10-2014, 01:58 PM
(14-10-2014 01:49 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Guy registered just to bump a thread from 2011 Dodgy

To bump a thread and explicitly not participate in it.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
14-10-2014, 10:13 PM
In a hypothetical sense, I could probably see something close to this. However, my view is really more of what I believe we as humanity will eventually arrive at when or if we are able to survive until we are a Type 1 or 2 Civilization. If we can start moving onto other planets, by that time, things like humans fighting each other in wars will have been a very long forgotten past.

War may seem like it is picking up, but the earth as a whole is far more peaceful compared to, lets say 1000 years ago. There is less overall fighting. As resources for energy are solved by tapping directly into our sun, the mining of asteroids, and fusion energy is so fully tapped into that every country or region is powered by fusion or nuclear energy, the only obstacles left is to solve the problems in the middle east finally and Africa.

From there, one day in the far far future. When we understand everything. I believe one of two things will happen.

1. We will find a way to prevent our own universe from coming to an end. Or

2. Create a new one of our own.

Theory of creating a universe is already underway and in a 100 billion years. No matter if 99 billion years passed that humanity is convined that that task is impossible. There is still that 1 billion ( old earth years ) of time left when someone could discover a new law about the universe we thought couldn't had existed before and discover...OH! Yeah! Look at this! It IS possible!

Who is to say that an alien species of some kind from another universe didn't make a big expansion of energy of their own and warp into it? You know, that big expansion of energy that would become our own universe?

Of course we are ignoring the "first clause" argument for the sake of keeping this one free of side arguments. As the "first clause" and what was before any and all universes questions would had been solved by then. Or perhaps the answer to creating a universe will LIE with the answer to the riddle of what is before the universe. What exactly IS it and how can we study and observe it?

I think once we are able to do that, we can start creating whatever "that" really is and start interacting with it ourselves. Then kablooy! A new universe could be within our reach.

So, to think of a creator for me. Is really more sensible to think of them, not as a designer or as the theist claims it to be, but merely something that has been around for so long, is so smart, and is so powerful, that it can make that first initial "bang" happen in the first place and just slip into it when its safe.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
15-10-2014, 02:39 AM
(14-10-2014 12:08 PM)idorkknight Wrote:  Hello, I'm gonna make it short. I've been struggling with the same question you asked. "There is no god but just a creator", in fact I googled the same sentence and that's how i found this thread. I registered on this site just to post this. Talking over this thread will not be useful since there are people with different opinions. I'd like to share a few views and discuss on this topic with you. PM me and we can talk more over this. I hope to get a message from you and maybe we can make some sense out of this.

This thread is a few years old and the OP is unregistered now. I doubt you'll get a PM. But you could share you thoughts with the rest of us.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
15-10-2014, 06:50 AM
how is god and the creator any different ?
15-10-2014, 06:58 AM
(14-10-2014 12:08 PM)idorkknight Wrote:  Hello, I'm gonna make it short. I've been struggling with the same question you asked. "There is no god but just a creator", in fact I googled the same sentence and that's how i found this thread. I registered on this site just to post this. Talking over this thread will not be useful since there are people with different opinions. I'd like to share a few views and discuss on this topic with you. PM me and we can talk more over this. I hope to get a message from you and maybe we can make some sense out of this.

There is no sense to be made of it.
Creation is an action. Actions require intention, planning and activity.
There's a little hint in there somewhere for you.
What do those three things require ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-10-2014, 10:01 AM
This thread got necroed so hard that I'm already in it. :L

I stand by my original comment though; if there was an intelligent creator then they probably didn't do it deliberately and never imagined anything like us, and we could never find out if it happened anyway; so it's probably a totally pointless conversation.
If we had been created as we are now by an intelligent species then they'd have at least some involvement and leave some record either with us directly or in the structure of our DNA, so the only possible 'creator' is maybe an astronaut landing on young earth and leaving behind some bacteria which spread and took over. Either deliberately or accidently. I think it could have to be deliberate to be 'creation', but even then there is absolutely no way we could figure out if that happened. It's like panspermia; interesting thing to have a guliver about, but I don't see how it could ever be known.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.