There are days when being a parent just sucks hairy donkey balls.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2017, 08:31 PM
There are days when being a parent just sucks hairy donkey balls.
(24-05-2017 08:28 PM)ImFred Wrote:  So you weren't able to make the connection, really?

I did make a neural connection based on your comment.

I would never beat a child under any circumstances.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like KUSA's post
24-05-2017, 08:39 PM
RE: There are days when being a parent just sucks hairy donkey balls.
(24-05-2017 06:54 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  [Image: large.jpg]

I don't know what it going on with my oldest, but MAN is she testing my patience. She had a rage-filled episode tonight complete with "I hate you!"

It's a damn good thing I love her with every fiber of my being.

I need a drink.

The Titanic

Just wait till she's a teenager, Shadow. Big Grin She'll have a boyfriend, drive a car and hate you....all at the same time. Fun time await you. Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-05-2017, 08:39 PM

I don't know what it going on with my oldest, but MAN is she testing my patience. She had a rage-filled episode tonight complete with "I hate you!"

I need a drink.

The Titanic

Laugh out load Been there, done that. My favorite complaint from one of my sons is, "That's not fair!", replete with tears squirting off his eyes (he was little). I just said, "Life isn't fair, get used to it now". You know that that is just a ploy so that they can get away with something. Understand this- I got beat as a child. One of the things I made certain to do was to never beat my children. I never did. They're a fine bunch of heathens, now. Yes I think that girls are harder to raise, because of the hormones. Honestly, I'm glad I had three sons. As badly as I spoil my wife, I shudder to think what I would have done if I had had a daughter. Little girls can wrap me around their fingers in a heartbeat- so sweet and innocent! I base my judgment on how my wife gets treated. Yes That's probably sexist as hell, but it is who I am. Then again, I'd probably have been fine with a daughter. One can never tell, can one?
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
24-05-2017, 08:47 PM
(24-05-2017 08:31 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(24-05-2017 08:28 PM)ImFred Wrote:  So you weren't able to make the connection, really?

I did make a neural connection based on your comment.

I would never beat a child under any circumstances.

well I have even less chance of beating a child that doesn't exist
24-05-2017, 09:00 PM
(24-05-2017 08:47 PM)ImFred Wrote:  well I have even less chance of beating a child that doesn't exist

That's not the fucking point.

To the OP...kids are indeed a challenge. I've gotten the "I hate yous" plenty of times, and they're still young! Weeping

I respond with nonchalance, but I'm always sure to frame it in a way that lets them know that I don't like it that they're saying it. I'd never dream of hurting them, but I've definitely had thoughts like Homer choking out Bart every once in a while. Dodgy

Hope things smooth over quick for you guys.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
24-05-2017, 10:08 PM
(24-05-2017 07:09 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  She was in quite a mood, I don't think laughing at her would have gone over well tonight.

This parenting gig is not easy. Rewarding in so many ways, but not easy!

It ain't easy, fo' sho'. Ne'er a more thankless task was devised.

You two will get through it. Smile
24-05-2017, 10:11 PM
(24-05-2017 08:39 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

I need a drink.

The Titanic

Laugh out load Been there, done that. My favorite complaint from one of my sons is, "That's not fair!", replete with tears squirting off his eyes (he was little). I just said, "Life isn't fair, get used to it now". You know that that is just a ploy so that they can get away with something. Understand this- I got beat as a child. One of the things I made certain to do was to never beat my children. I never did. They're a fine bunch of heathens, now. Yes I think that girls are harder to raise, because of the hormones. Honestly, I'm glad I had three sons. As badly as I spoil my wife, I shudder to think what I would have done if I had had a daughter. Little girls can wrap me around their fingers in a heartbeat- so sweet and innocent! I base my judgment on how my wife gets treated. Yes That's probably sexist as hell, but it is who I am. Then again, I'd probably have been fine with a daughter. One can never tell, can one?

A good shotgun can cost you some money.

I was always thankful my one and only was a boy. I could relate to that.
24-05-2017, 10:53 PM
Haven't had either of my kids tell me they hate me yet, but that wouldn't be their style (yet), so far they'll usually just refuse to talk to me when they're upset.

Worst thing is realizing that (with my oldest at least) they are treating me like I treated my father, so now I get to see it from the flip side and realize that all the advice my father was trying to give me might have actually helped, and that the advice I am now trying to give them will likely fall on as deaf an ear as mine were at that age.

History repeating itself I guess Sad

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
24-05-2017, 11:48 PM
(24-05-2017 10:53 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Haven't had either of my kids tell me they hate me yet, but that wouldn't be their style (yet), so far they'll usually just refuse to talk to me when they're upset.

Worst thing is realizing that (with my oldest at least) they are treating me like I treated my father, so now I get to see it from the flip side and realize that all the advice my father was trying to give me might have actually helped, and that the advice I am now trying to give them will likely fall on as deaf an ear as mine were at that age.

History repeating itself I guess Sad

I think it was Mark Twain? Paraphrasing... but something like "When I was a kid I thought I knew everything. Fuck, how did Dad get so old and never learn a damn thing? Come my 30s I thought maybe he knew some stuff. Now that I'm 60 I wonder how the fuck he learned all that shit in the time he had available."

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-05-2017, 02:50 AM
Sorry if I've missed it in the thread, but how old is she?

My daughter is currently going through a "I know everything....therefore you are dumb" phase, and she's almost 7 lol. Sometimes it's absolute garbage of the highest order, but I love her so I have to put up with it lol.

From my understanding I was a bit of a shit as a kid as well, and calmed down in my teens, like to proper "so chilled could fall asleep" levels lol. Hoping for the same with mine.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post