There are no debates

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2014, 07:48 PM
RE: There are no debates
Hey Rahn127,

Could you please show me an example of a well-publicised AvT debate where the theist opponent disputed a matter of fact being put by their atheist counterpart.

I'm not talking about opposite opinions being contentious. I want to see an example of a theist being presented with something factual (which they didn't know,) and yet they nonetheless stick to their gainsaying.

Since you assert that this is quite typical of AvT debates I'm sure you won't have any difficulty finding some examples.

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2014, 08:00 PM
(01-02-2014 07:48 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Hey Rahn127,

Could you please show me an example of a well-publicised AvT debate where the theist opponent disputed a matter of fact being put by their atheist counterpart.

I'm not talking about opposite opinions being contentious. I want to see an example of a theist being presented with something factual (which they didn't know,) and yet they nonetheless stick to their gainsaying.

Since you assert that this is quite typical of AvT debates I'm sure you won't have any difficulty finding some examples.

Thanks in advance.

William Lane Craig when he uses the Hawking-Penrose theorem for a singularity and makes out this is the general consensus for atheist cosmology. The singularity is NOT an established consensus even though in the 1980's it was a popular model.
Today many cosmologists do not accept a singularity for t=0. An honest answer would be not knowing which of course does not give free license to make up a deity and give that deity attributes such as a mind.

...Anything that features Kent Hovind.

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
01-02-2014, 08:01 PM
(01-02-2014 07:48 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  I'm not talking about opposite opinions being contentious. I want to see an example of a theist being presented with something factual (which they didn't know,) and yet they nonetheless stick to their gainsaying.

..............................................................................th​ere are literally SO MANY examples of this that anyone presenting you with even one would be futile.

It's like asking people over the internet to prove to you what color the sky is. When they post endless pictures of the skyline, you can just claim they are all photoshopped. The best way to remedy the situation is to go outside during the day and look up.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
01-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Lion you just got debunked. What do you have to say?
01-02-2014, 08:27 PM
(01-02-2014 08:02 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Lion you just got debunked. What do you have to say?

Where did I get debunked?
Did I say something which has been falsified?

Cephalotus said there were tons of examples, so many that it was either futile or impossible to provide just one.

Baruch offered an opinion about an opinion held by WLC on the interpretation of a consensus that may or may not have been popular among an ill-defined group of people called 'atheist cosmologists'
01-02-2014, 08:34 PM

Thanks in advance.

By the way donotwant, asking for examples is a request for information, NOT a proposition that can be 'debunked'.
01-02-2014, 08:40 PM
(01-02-2014 08:00 PM)Baruch Wrote:  

Thanks in advance.

William Lane Craig when he uses the Hawking-Penrose theorem for a singularity and makes out this is the general consensus for atheist cosmology. The singularity is NOT an established consensus even though in the 1980's it was a popular model.
Today many cosmologists do not accept a singularity for t=0. An honest answer would be not knowing which of course does not give free license to make up a deity and give that deity attributes such as a mind.

...Anything that features Kent Hovind.

[Image: Jon-Stewart-saying-Oh-Snap.gif]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
02-02-2014, 11:11 AM

Thanks in advance.
Go read any debate. I guarantee you your example will be there. But I'm also sure you will then deny it by doing exactly what the OP said.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
02-02-2014, 11:43 AM

Thanks in advance.

Tune in to the Ken Ham vs. Bill Nye debate tomorrow and you'll get more examples than you'll know what to do with.

Nye: Evolution blah blah
Ham: gainsay gainsay gainsay

Drinking Beverage

02-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Anything that comes out ray comforts mouth.